PDA

View Full Version : DT Kevin Williams (Oklahoma St)

clumping platelets
12-28-2002, 01:03 AM
This is who I want the Bills to draft in rd 2. Pray he's available...the guy was a monster today in the bowl game vs so Miss.

6'4" 300lbs and has the ability to play DE :)

Last time Bills had no #1 and drafted a player from Oklahoma St in rd 2......Thurman Thomas

DIHARD2
12-28-2002, 02:24 AM
It sounds like he has the size of Peppers. Does he have the same speed?? If G. W. stays with the 46, this is the type of player were going to need on the front line.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

clumping platelets
12-28-2002, 04:08 AM
I agree. Unfortunately, it appears his draft status is improving and he could slip into the 1st rd :(

DIHARD2
12-28-2002, 05:28 AM
I still think Donahoe is going to get a first-round if we need one, he's a good wheeler and dealer. Do you think he'll be in the later part of the first-round or in the early part?

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

colin
12-28-2002, 09:46 AM
There are gonna be a few good prospects for us. Please include links when you can to player profiles.

TigerJ
12-28-2002, 10:44 AM
Ditto colin's thoughts about prospects for mid round two. Regarding Kevin Williams, since he is primarily a DT I wouldn't expect him to have the same 40 time as Peppers, and unless he were a top 5 pick I wouldn't expect that that he has the same potential impact of a Peppers, but if he's a good player and he's available, go for it.

venis2k1
12-28-2002, 11:13 AM
its gonna be Colin Cole, ive been saying it for months.

RedEyE
12-28-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by DIHARD2
I still think Donahoe is going to get a first-round if we need one, he's a good wheeler and dealer. Do you think he'll be in the later part of the first-round or in the early part?

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

I think that you might be on to somethimg there. TD loves having extra choices in the draft. I expect that he will at least find a way to add another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Marcos20
12-28-2002, 05:49 PM
Kevin Williams
http://okstate.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/williams_kevin00.html

Colin Cole
http://www.hawkeyefootball.com/2000/players/94.htm

Bert102176
12-28-2002, 07:18 PM
hey it's said that the Bengals are looking to trade their pick I say we try to get their pick then use that pick or trade it to a team that has 2 number one picks and depending on the pick spots maybe get a 3rd rounder also if the picks are in the 20's

TigerJ
12-28-2002, 10:20 PM
I highly doubt the Bengals would trade the (probable) top pick in the draft to a team that has no first round picks and whose first pick in the draft is somewhere in the mid 40s. They'll want to pick up two first rounders or a lower first round pick and a boatload of lower picks: a second and third or a second and a couple fourths. The only thing the Bills might have to deal to the Bengals would be players. After DB's late season swoon one would have to doubt they would even trade their #1 pick for DB. Of course DB would be the maddest player in the league if Buffalo ever tried that. Of the three: Colin Cole, Tyler Brayton, and Kevin Williams that we've talked about in this thread I would most like to see Williams end up as a Bill. He's got better measurables than the other two and is a respected leader on his team. Cole has better on field production this year, but is a couple steps slower according to Brian Stevenson's Draft Notebook:

http://www.draftnotebook.com/dt.htm

DraftBoy
12-28-2002, 10:24 PM
I dont think I would want, or TD is going to select a DT in the 2nd round of the draft, especially one who is more of a run stuffer than a pass rusher. Nor have I rarely seen a quick DE at 300lbs. I would rather have a pass rush DE at this pick than a run stuffing DT.

TypicalBill
12-29-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
This is who I want the Bills to draft in rd 2. Pray he's available...the guy was a monster today in the bowl game vs so Miss.

6'4" 300lbs and has the ability to play DE :)

Last time Bills had no #1 and drafted a player from Oklahoma St in rd 2......Thurman Thomas

I saw the game, i didn't notice him in the first half, but in the second half he always looked like he was playing on the other side of the field. he got to the qb twice before the qb could give the ball to the RB.