PDA

View Full Version : The Drawing, fixed?

JD
07-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Alot of people have been saying that recently on message boards everywhere, except this one. So I thought I would add my input.

I feel Crosby will goto the Rangers, and most likely if he does the drawing was setup.

Think about it, it wont be televized or at least streamed with video over the net....why? We all have been waiting for hockey for so damn long to start up again, we would LOVE to see anything that directly effects hockey.....right?

About him going to the Rangers..... the Rangers are going to win the draft lottery. It will not be televized and if the league had the chance to put crosby at any of the 30 teams, it would without a doubt be the new york rangers. if there is no one to stop them from doing it, i think they will do this in an attempt to make the game more popular. Giving the rangers the most balls is just the excuse for giving them the number one pick, and so we can watch them play like garbage for another year.

Why would they do this? because they can.

As said by someone on a differant board:
"im not saying the system if beneficial to some teams and not to others. im saying that the NHL is going to make sure that crosby ends up in new york with the rangers. in other words, its going to seem like the patrick ewing draft of 1985 or whenever when the NBA made damn sure the knicks got the first overall pick."

Philagape
07-22-2005, 02:11 PM
If the NHL were to fix the lottery, it would make the most sense to favor a team that needs a boost in popularity, like one of the southern teams. :puke:

pyrrhonist
07-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Alot of people have been saying that recently on message boards everywhere, except this one. So I thought I would add my input.

Nowhere on this board? :shutup:

In all honesty, from a standpoint of the NHL doing better on exposure, the best place for him would be NY. Since it's the unofficial capital of the US, what better stage for him to star on than Madison Square Garden? Yes, shoot me, I'm actually defending the Rangers! :lmao:

We've talked about it in something like 2-3 other threads about this same subject. Most of us are in agreement that he should go to NY, or another large-market team that will get him the exposure the league needs so badly right now.

JD
07-22-2005, 02:20 PM
W0rd :blamelog: