What the Heck?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

What the Heck?!

I was reading an article about Kent Hull here:

and saw this line in the text:

"It was with these friends that Hull helped anchor the no-huddle offense, where the Bills would gain yardage by administering a series of quaterback sneaks followed by defensive penalties deep enough into opponent territory, where they stood a better chance of overwhelming the opponent."

What the heck are they talking about?

Keith
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    • Feb 2005

Re: What the Heck?!

Oh Come on people! my first post ever, and no one even notices?

:)

Regards,
    Keith
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by keithtr

Regards,
      Keith
      I noticed. Read the article, too. It seems to me that the idiot who wrote the article really didn't know a thing about the game...either that, or stuck that nonsense into the middle of the article to see if anyone would read it and react to it (do folks in the Mississippi Delta actually read newspapers? Maybe the author was trying to find out....).
      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

I can't even figure out your name, how am I going to figure out what the article is about.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
          I can't even figure out your name, how am I going to figure out what the article is about.
          do you actually have a thought on the article? what has my name got to do with it? :)

keith

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Someone should inform the article's author, Mr. Campbell, that the Bills' no huddle/K-gun offense had virtually nothing to do with quarterback sneaks designed to draw penalties, although it did occasionally force a penalty or time out by the opposition.

I doubt if Campbell is a sports writer, judging by his ludicrous summary of our no huddle offense.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

Regards,
              Keith
              Ummmm.....

Congratulations?

Anyway......welcome!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

do you actually have a thought on the article? what has my name got to do with it? :)

keith

I think the article is a small town rag trying to write something nice about a local boy who played in the NFL. I could care less what the guy says about the no-huddle, the article has a nice taste to it. Hull is a class dude, forget what some guy working in Mississippi says about the no huddle offense and quarterback sneaks that I remember one of.

Regards,
                TheGhostofJimKelly

Comment

Working...
                X