PDA

View Full Version : do you think...

ublinkwescore
07-23-2005, 12:40 PM
that if JP Losman has just as much success this year as what Ben Roethlisberger had last season and Eli Manning gets his act together, and the guy San Diego drafted (I forget his name and I'm too lazy to look it up) gets traded somewhere where he'll get to be the starter and he proves to be a great QB too, will Losman's qb class compare to Kelly's, Marino's and Elway's?

Remember that QB class only got two superbowl rings - Elway's.

gggbills
07-23-2005, 12:54 PM
that if JP Losman has just as much success this year as what Ben Roethlisberger had last season and Eli Manning gets his act together, and the guy San Diego drafted (I forget his name and I'm too lazy to look it up) gets traded somewhere where he'll get to be the starter and he proves to be a great QB too, will Losman's qb class compare to Kelly's, Marino's and Elway's?

Smile, thats a lot things that have to happen. But let me try and answer your question. No, I do not think JP will have as much success ast Ben, however, I do think JP will have more success and play better than Drew B. did last year. And, assuming our defense and special teams remains in the top 5, that will be enough to get the Bills in the playoffs. Besides, Ben's success was a product of his skills, but it was also a product of the team around him, and the division they play in.

School is still out on Eli, and he has at least two pretty good defenses that he has to fast twice a year, (Eagles and Redskins). Rivers is the man from San Diego, and he will not be traded anytime soon. Last year, Brees played better than he ever has, and the Bolts still need to see if he is for real. Too many things have to happen, to much time much go by first, before we can think about compare these QBs to the ones in Kelly's class

ublinkwescore
07-23-2005, 01:18 PM
not even if more then one of them were to get superbowl rings?

pleasesavedrew
07-23-2005, 08:47 PM
thats alota what ifs

Turf
07-23-2005, 09:10 PM
I think the QB position was the weakest on the team last year, and JP is an upgrade. How far an upgrade? I see only an upside. But he has to do one big thing...learn how to slide.

Kerr
07-23-2005, 10:06 PM
I think that if brees has another good season in San Diego, he's still the odd man out because the coach for some reason has never been a big fan of brees. I think the only way Rivers is sent packing is if the chargers get a big deal that includes a lot of draft picks from a team in need of a young qb.

bledslow
07-23-2005, 10:14 PM
I think the QB position was the weakest on the team last year, and JP is an upgrade. How far an upgrade? I see only an upside. But he has to do one big thing...learn how to slide.

you have no idea if loserman is an upgrade over drew. drew(as much as i think he s_ucks) still did manage to throw for 20 td's and have fewer pics then td's.loserman is not throwing 20 td's.i see him with more int's then td's by seasons end and i can see him in the low 50's in pcp% (if he is even the starter or still healthy by seasons end).thats how it usually goes for first year starters. year 2 for loserman(as a starter 2006) he should eclipse what drew did last year,maybe.)

Bulldog
07-23-2005, 10:26 PM
you have no idea if loserman is an upgrade over drew. drew(as much as i think he s_ucks) still did manage to throw for 20 td's and have fewer pics then td's.loserman is not throwing 20 td's.i see him with more int's then td's by seasons end and i can see him in the low 50's in pcp% (if he is even the starter or still healthy by seasons end).thats how it usually goes for first year starters. year 2 for loserman(as a starter 2006) he should eclipse what drew did last year,maybe.)

And you have no idea that he won't be. I guess that you knew that Tom Brady would turn out like he did. And you also probably predicted that Ben would have the season that he did. Go troll some where else!

LifetimeBillsFan
07-23-2005, 11:27 PM

It is way too early to give any kind of reasoned answer to this question. As several posters have mentioned, your question is predicated on a lot of "ifs" that no one is really in a position to predict the answers to because there is so little that we know about these QBs at this stage because only two of them have played any significant amount of time thus far and one of those two was on a team that did not have to rely heavily on his production because the team had such a good running game and defense.

It will take at least five years, perhaps even longer, to get a solid read on what the careers of Losman, E.Manning, Roethlisberger and Rivers will be like and even begin to compare this group to the Kelly, Marino, Elway, Blackledge, O'Brien, Eason class. Just think about where that class was after one year: Marino looked great, Elway had a decent year after struggling early, Kelly was in the USFL, O'Brien played well and showed real promise in taking over the starting job from Todd, Eason was sitting behind Grogan and Blackledge struggled in limited playing time for KC.

Additionally, so much of a young QB's success depends on the team that is around him that it is impossible to guage how his career will turn out without having some idea of what kind of team he will have to work with. For example: after one year, who would have thought that T.Eason would go to a SB, but K.O'Brien wouldn't or that J.Kelly have a HOF career and go to 4 SBs and O'Brien would end up being battered into the ground and have his career end prematurely? Given what their clubs looked like in 1984-5 and the history of those organizations, who would have thought that Kelly and Elway would have gone to more SBs than the other four QBs in their class combined?

The careers of E.Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger and Losman have just barely begun to take shape. We know as much or less about how their careers will go as someone looking at the Kelly, Marino, Elway, etc. class did in 1984-5. We will only really be able to compare them when we can look at the present class with the same hindsight that we are now able to view the QB class of 1983.