• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drive 4 Five
    • May 2003

Whose worse?

The choices are Ricky Williams and Terrell Owens:

As we all know, Ricky Williams bailed on his team in training camp and while that was not the only factor in the Dolphin's losing season, one could argue that it was the one that had the most profound effect. The ultimate act of betrayal? Some might think so.

T.O. first threatened to hold out because he feels he deserves to be the highest paid receiver in the game. He then took it even further by taking personal shots at Donavan McNabb, one of the most respected and popular players in the game today, publicly questioning his desire to win. Nevermind that he accused his previous quarterback of being a queer. Personally, I'd rather be accused of being gay than to have my desire and heart questioned. Now T.O. in so many words has said that while he will report to camp and play, it is not going to be a good situation because he is dissatisfied that his contractual issues were not rectified.

This may surprise many of you but I am going to say that I actually have less respect right now for Owens than I do Williams. Were we really all that surprised by what William's did? We shouldn't have been. It was quite obvious from the very beginning that this guy is very unstable emotionally and mentally. I believe that William's grew tired of feeling that nobody, teammates, management, nor fans, gave a damn about him as a human being. As long as he is putting up good numbers, everyone is happy. What happens when he suffers a career ending injury or when he leaves the game far sooner than he should, crippled, because of the devastation that his style of running will inflict on his body? No one will give a damn. Now he is coming back? Further proof that he is crazy. This guy doesnt want to play football. He has no business coming back to this game. He should have sold all the belongings that he really didn't need, pay the Dolphins back what he owed them, and went on with his life. I plead insanity in the case of Ricky Williams.

"I don't need to play for the Eagles. I could go to some other team and be productive. If they think I am a problem, they should trade me to the Falcons." Owens has always made it clear who he felt were the best quarterbacks in the league. The ones with the strongest arms so they can help him pad his career stats. At first I respected what Owens did last year, playing injured in the Super Bowl. That was before I realized that it was simply a ploy so that he could command more money. I realize that he had, what some would call, a great game in terms of the number of catches he made and the yards he racked up. However, ask yourself this: Did Owens really have much of an impact on that game? Did he truly make a difference in the outcome? I don't believe he did. I don't care how many catches and yards he had. How many times did he get in the endzone? Deion Branch was clearly the better receiver that day. Why isn't Branch crying for more money? All Owens did was make himself look like an ass, flapping his arms, and carrying on all game long. Looking to steal the spotlight from his teammates as he did all season long, only this time it was in front of the entire world. Who got the last laugh? Regarding this game, the memory that stands out most in my mind, is the one of Rodney Harrison running around the field, when the Patriots had sealed the victory, impersonating and taunting Owens just as Owens had to other players all year long.

So what does this jackass do after the game? Make comments about how his quarterback, the one player who probably had the most impact in convincing the Eagles to bring Owens to Philadelphia, didn't leave it all on the field that day. Look what I did? I played injured and still had a great game. I deserve to be the highest paid player on this team.

I cannot stand this guy. To me he is the most despicable player in all of sports. He cares nothing of the game or its history. He has no respect for the game or anyone in it. Owens is concerned only with the limelight, the amount of money he is making and his personal accolades. Just my opinion fellas.
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Whose worse?

100 % agreed...TO is like Keyshawn....they are me players...Their antics and character separates them from the team and puts them in the lime light over the team....I hate players like this bc as they say in "white men can't jump," they would rather look good while losing instead of look bad and win....TO says he neads to feed his family..? Well maybe they dont need Lobster every night....Players like this have lost sight of what the game is and was.....back in the day, Paul Brown use to pay his players with his grocery money...thats when the game was about the game....without the flamboyant showman ship and greed that seperates player from team.....For TO to get more $, someone on the team has to take a hit...Im sure who ever gets a pay cut has a family that has to eat too....And as far as his contract situation, he signed on the dotted line and he should be legally binded to play....If Terrel hadn't played that well last year, the Eagles still would have lived up to their end of the deal....they wouldnt pay him less for less production, so the same should be recpricated.....Bottom line, the NFL needs more Eric Moulds.....

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
      • May 2003

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
      100 % agreed...TO is like Keyshawn....they are me players...Their antics and character separates them from the team and puts them in the lime light over the team....I hate players like this bc as they say in "white men can't jump," they would rather look good while losing instead of look bad and win....TO says he neads to feed his family..? Well maybe they dont need Lobster every night....Players like this have lost sight of what the game is and was.....back in the day, Paul Brown use to pay his players with his grocery money...thats when the game was about the game....without the flamboyant showman ship and greed that seperates player from team.....For TO to get more $, someone on the team has to take a hit...Im sure who ever gets a pay cut has a family that has to eat too....And as far as his contract situation, he signed on the dotted line and he should be legally binded to play....If Terrel hadn't played that well last year, the Eagles still would have lived up to their end of the deal....they wouldnt pay him less for less production, so the same should be recpricated.....Bottom line, the NFL needs more Eric Moulds.....

Excellent point bro. Yet I do not believe that one person in the national media, NFL Total Access, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, etc., has brought it up that way. Look at all the crap they gave Randy Moss for mooning the fans in Wisconsin, (I'll never forget the way Joe Buck ripped him), or Ricky Williams for what he did, but what Owens is doing is so much worse for the game we all love. I think they are missing what is really important here.

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
        The choices are Ricky Williams and Terrell Owens:

As we all know, Ricky Williams bailed on his team in training camp and while that was not the only factor in the Dolphin's losing season, one could argue that it was the one that had the most profound effect. The ultimate act of betrayal? Some might think so.
        He left BEFORE Training Camp.

But the rest of what you said, I can agree with. for you.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
          • Sep 2004

I dont care how much of a dick TO is, Ricky quit on his team flat out, TO is holding out due to contracts, people do it all the time, look at Walker in GB this year too. I'd rather have a teammate hold out becuase of his contract than to quit on you, and then come back decide he wants to play again, screw Ricky, IMO.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

HAHHAHA.... PLEASE... T.O.... Go to Atlanta... I would love to see you be as "productive" as Peerless Price thought he would be playing with one of the worst Passing-QB's alive. Maybe it'd knock him down a peg or two.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
              • May 2003

Originally posted by LindellSucks
              I dont care how much of a dick TO is, Ricky quit on his team flat out, TO is holding out due to contracts, people do it all the time, look at Walker in GB this year too. I'd rather have a teammate hold out becuase of his contract than to quit on you, and then come back decide he wants to play again, screw Ricky, IMO.
              Ricky needed a break. What you've never quit your job before? Besides, can you really blame Williams for quitting on the Dolphins? They suck ass. I would have quit too. J/K.

All kidding aside, I am not looking to put up a case for Ricky here. While I do not condone what Ricky did, I think I understand why he did it. There is no excuse for Owens, first refusing to play for the Ravens when he was traded there, then getting what he wanted in playing with a quarterback like McNabb and playing for a championship caliber team, then after one year whining like a little ***** about his contract and demanding more money.

Oh and you're right, players are holding out all the time. That is the problem. That is the point of this post. When are teams going to stand up and make players honor what they agreed to? When are players like Owens going to stop being so damn selfish and greedy? I know the answer to the latter is NEVER, but it really pisses me off and I had to sound off about it. I really feel like this is beginning to ruin professional sports.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                • May 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                HAHHAHA.... PLEASE... T.O.... Go to Atlanta... I would love to see you be as "productive" as Peerless Price thought he would be playing with one of the worst Passing-QB's alive. Maybe it'd knock him down a peg or two.
                You know what's even funnier bro? Apparently some high-ranking official from the Falcons said that there is a 0% chance that they would be interested in trading for Owens, according to ESPN's NFL Live.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bling
                  He left BEFORE Training Camp.

But the rest of what you said, I can agree with. for you.
                  yeah...JUST before
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                    You know what's even funnier bro? Apparently some high-ranking official from the Falcons said that there is a 0% chance that they would be interested in trading for Owens, according to ESPN's NFL Live.
                    You know what's even funnier? T.O. said the other day: "I'm sure that any team in the league would sign me".

Hahahaha, this guy is self-destructing. It's hilarious.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                      You know what's even funnier? T.O. said the other day: "I'm sure that any team in the league would sign me".

Hahahaha, this guy is self-destructing. It's hilarious.
                      It is hilarious and the best maybe is yet to come. This may all back fire on ol' Drew Rosencock. Wouldn't that be great?

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                        • May 2003

Philster. My man, I never got a chance to thank you for the the other day. Much appreciated bro.

By the way fellas, don't forget that the AFC East team highlights are on tonight on Total Access.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                          • May 2003

I hope T.O. and Drew Rosenhaus and if this backfires on the agent, maybe this helps us down the road with McGahee.
                          Last edited by Drive 4 Five; 07-23-2005, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            yeah...JUST before
                            Uh huh... Better than JUST before the season if you ask me. It's not like the guy said to himself "Hey... let me think of the easiest way to screw the team. Hmmm... YEAH, before training camp. Muahahahha!!!"

If he comes back for the vet. minimum, I'm happy.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Yeah..like he had to wait until the last minute to decide that pot was more important than his job. Personally, I'm happy he chose illegal drugs over football..cause it screwed over the Fish
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X