PDA

View Full Version : Donohoe quoted in the Boston Globe

Ickybaluky
07-24-2005, 08:09 AM
I figured I'd pass this along, from the Boston Globe:

Bills president and general manager Tom Donahoe thinks Tedy Bruschi's loss is not only a blow to the Patriots, but one for the NFL as well.

''I think he's one of the players who makes this league the great league that it is," Donahoe said. ''He's a high-effort player who you can see loves and respects the game every time he steps onto the field. He's the heart and soul of that great Patriots defense, and I'm sure he'll be missed in New England, but he'll be missed throughout football. I think he means that much to the game."

Donahoe had a good week in Buffalo, sticking to his guns in demanding at least a third-round selection (in the 2006 draft) for disgruntled running back Travis Henry, and that's what he received from the Tennessee Titans.

Henry had lost his starting job to Willis McGahee last season, but now he'll be fighting Chris Brown for playing time.

Donahoe said of the deal, ''I think Tennessee got the best of it. They're getting an outstanding and proven running back, who starred at Tennessee in college, and he'll be very popular for that fan base. We were prepared to keep Travis, but he made it pretty clear that he was not coming back."

Donahoe said Jacksonville also expressed interest, but ''they were in and out of it and couldn't make up their minds which way they wanted to go. We never reached the compensation level that Tennessee was willing to give."

Donahoe, whose team will embark on the 2005 season with J.P. Losman replacing Drew Bledsoe at quarterback, said he expects a very competitive AFC East.

''The Jets and Dolphins have improved themselves," said Donahoe. ''As usual, every game within the division is going to be extremely competitive."

Typ0
07-24-2005, 09:10 AM
after watching Bruschi's performance in the playoffs last season I would have to agree with him...as hard as it is here in buffalo to watch the Pats win those are the kinds of performances that make you love the game of football. I would even go as far as saying without Bruschi you probably wouldn't have won it and he made a difference more than any other player.

Ickybaluky
07-24-2005, 08:30 PM
I would even go as far as saying without Bruschi you probably wouldn't have won it and he made a difference more than any other player.

I might be inclined to agree, if you add "other than Brady". Brady has been the biggest difference.