PDA

View Full Version : Will Parrish be in camp?

ShadowHawk7
07-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Training camp will be here by Friday. Will Parrish? Does anyone know if any contract negotiations are underway? Like always, the sooner Parrish gets in camp, the quicker his growth will be. Can anyone speculate on how long it will take for Parrish to get into camp?

Sportsuser101
07-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Training camp will be here by Friday. Will Parrish? Does anyone know if any contract negotiations are underway? Like always, the sooner Parrish gets in camp, the quicker his growth will be. Can anyone speculate on how long it will take for Parrish to get into camp?
It takes a while for the translator to communicate with his agent on what he wants. They just finished saying hello.

Parrish: Whats it be yo get me money for my stuffnitz ya heard Miami fellows no more pay?

Translator: How are you? I need money since the University of Miami doesn't pay me anymore.

Agent: Don't you worry I'll get you you're money.

Translator: The money you be gettin will be yours no worries here brotha.

Italian Stallion
07-24-2005, 06:44 PM
It takes a while for the translator to communicate with his agent on what he wants. They just finished saying hello.

Parrish: Whats it be yo get me money for my stuffnitz ya heard Miami fellows no more pay?

Translator: How are you? I need money since the University of Miami doesn't pay me anymore.

hahahahaha :lmao:

I think he signs early this week.....were not talking about a first rounder here, so no worries.

Bling
07-24-2005, 06:53 PM

:rofl:

thebuffalobills4
07-24-2005, 08:08 PM
:lmao:

ublinkwescore
07-24-2005, 09:34 PM
wow, no accusations of racism in this thread yet?

gil
07-24-2005, 09:52 PM
wow, no accusations of racism in this thread yet?
I'm new here, but that seemed borderline to me, even given Miami's tradition of "under-educating" their athletes...in any case, I haven't heard anything about contract negotiations with Roscoe.

Len Pasquerelli has a piece today about how a lot of rookie contract negotiations are waiting on Smith's contract to get done in SF to see where the percentage bump over last year's rookie pool will be. Plus, waiting for the new CBA is hampering things I believe as well.

1959BillsFan
07-25-2005, 09:00 AM
This will be an interesting negociation (SP?). Parrish has the "Bottom Feeder" agent, so does Everrett, and McGahee. McGahee's contract is incentive heavy. I would wonder if the Bottom Feeder will try to use Everrett and Parrish to somehow influence McGahee's current contract.

TD has said before that he and the "Bottom Feeder" do respect eachothers' positions, BUT I can't see how that agent respects anything more than the almighty $$$$.

These quotes come to mind:
"I'll be there. But I won't be happy, I can tell you that much. Take from that whatever you want."

"I don't have to play football. I don't have to play for the Eagles. It doesn't matter what any of my teammates have said about me. That doesn't matter to me."

The question is: How much of this is TO and how much of it the "Bottom Feeded". The Eagles owner characterizes this Player/Agent relationship best:
Owner Jeffrey Lurie on Terrell Owens' contract wishes:
"Every player is both fragile and talented. Unfortunately ... certain agents take advantage of the fragility of the players, and are less worried about their continued success and stability than acting self destructively."

Tatonka
07-25-2005, 10:12 AM
it isnt racist.. that is just how marble mouth parrish talks..

if he is sweet on the field.. that is all i care about.. but listening to his interviews makes my stomach turn.

Mr. Miyagi
07-25-2005, 10:47 AM

Yo buss dis. He be in camp ain't worry Sheeit!

Devin
07-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Difference between racism and the truth.

This happens to be the truth. No athlete goes to "The U" for thier fine education programs.

Ed
07-25-2005, 10:55 AM
We only have 6 draft picks and I believe at least one of them has already signed. Plus, with Everett's knee injury there's no rush to get him into camp on time and Roscoe is a 2nd round pick, so there really shouldn't be any hold ups.

McGahee420
07-25-2005, 11:17 AM
We only have 6 draft picks and I believe at least one of them has already signed. Plus, with Everett's knee injury there's no rush to get him into camp on time and Roscoe is a 2nd round pick, so there really shouldn't be any hold ups.
2 have signed, Preston and Gates. That leaves for 4 more to go. I can't see this being a problem and Im sure we will have them all signed before camp starts.

Bert102176
07-25-2005, 12:57 PM
I hope we can sign all 4 before camp, they need to be there

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Parrish will be signed as soon as some of the other, higher picked WRs sign and set the market. Very likely in the next few days.

Crisis
07-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Don't worry guys I had a dream that Parrish signed with the Bills. I don't really remember anything else in the dream but I remember that much.

Philisophical Troll
07-25-2005, 03:39 PM
It will take quite some time to get lil bubba gump parrish into camp I imagine. Translating his dialect and babble alone should last well into the fall.

Carlton Bailey
07-25-2005, 04:13 PM
I predict he'll miss the first weekend but be ready for the following week. It's not like he's a 1st round pick.

ShadowHawk7
07-25-2005, 05:30 PM

Yo buss dis. He be in camp ain't worry Sheeit!

Don't worry guys I had a dream that Parrish signed with the Bills. I don't really remember anything else in the dream but I remember that much.

:rofl: :goodpost:

it isnt racist.. that is just how marble mouth parrish talks..

if he is sweet on the field.. that is all i care about.. but listening to his interviews makes my stomach turn.

Where can I listen to his interviews?

G. Host
07-25-2005, 07:40 PM

Parrish needs to sign as soon as possible! As short as the midget is he needs all the growth he can get!

LifetimeBillsFan
07-26-2005, 02:05 AM
With all of the signings that were announced today, the market has pretty much been set for players taken in all of the rounds, so I would expect to see a flurry of signings over the next few days.

With the Bills not opening camp until Friday, I would not be surprised if they wait to announce all of their signings all at once on Thursday or Friday at the latest.

I think Parrish knows that he has a real chance to beat out Reed for the # 3 WR spot, so he won't want to miss much time and, with the market pretty much being set by "slotting", there won't be that much wrangling about the money in the deal. If there is a hold-up, it will be in the incentives and future value of the contract, but even those things are pretty much dictated by the contracts that other players taken in that round, etc. get. So, I would expect Parrish to be signed and ready to play when TC opens.