X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

Miami... playoff chances?

If the Bills can have a bunch of question marks (including one HUGE one)... why can't Miami have a bunch of question marks and make the playoffs? Miami to me reminds me of the 04-05 Bills. Good ST, Great Defense, Big Question marks on Offense. Who's to say with a new Head Coach that Miami can't make a run for it like the Bills?

Discuss.
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

Re: Miami... playoff chances?

Oh... please keep the homerism out of the thread--I understand it's hard not to say "Well Miami blows because I hate them so they suck so they won't do anything", but I'm asking for a nice conversation between a couple of football fans.

Comment

• Kolbiss
      AJ FEELEY..WORST QB RATING IN ALL OF FOOTBALL!! 61.7
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Bling
      If the Bills can have a bunch of question marks (including one HUGE one)... why can't Miami have a bunch of question marks and make the playoffs? Miami to me reminds me of the 04-05 Bills. Good ST, Great Defense, Big Question marks on Offense. Who's to say with a new Head Coach that Miami can't make a run for it like the Bills?

Discuss.
      I think itall depends on how the QB situation pans out. It is not impossible, but not very probable.

Comment

• footballhottie
        • Feb 2005

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....no

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

Dude, i honestly think Miami will be decent this year, better than last, but not in contention for the playoffs. They might ruin someone elses playoff chances at the end of the season, but thats about it.

There D and special teams isn't near as good as the Bills. The D is older, slower, and less talented. That's not a homer statement, it's the truth.

They have only one solid starting corner, a former Bills reject at FS and a underachiever at SS for starters. The linebackers are solid, but Seau and Thomas are really getting older and slow. The d line is not bad, I think Matt Roth is gonna be a star, but nothing to write home about besides Taylor.

D comparasion:

secondary: Edge to BILLS by far

Linebackers: Edge to Bills by far

D Line: PUSH

With a much weaker D and one special teams star (wes welker), un like the Bills (Mooman, mcgee, stamer, wire) i can't agree with you at all about your comparision of this years fish to last years Bills
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Italian Stallion
            Knows More Than You
            • Feb 2004

I think a realistic prediction would be 7-9 or 8-8....
            BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

If 4-12 makes it, they're in !!

They will play Temple in the first round.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Philisophical Troll
                Take my dating advice, it worked for me on my sister :up:
                • Jul 2005

Miami is a very young and talented football team. Plus Nick Saban is a defensive guru looking to turn that franchise around immediately. I like his chances considering they stole Wright in the supplemental draft. Also there's still a guy by the name of Jason Taylor lurking around. If AJ Touchy Feeley can realize his potential as a starter, I can definitely see this team contending for a wild card. The running game should be one of the best in the league with Ricky and Ronnie. We'll see how things pan out though in a loaded AFC East division.

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kolbiss
                  I think itall depends on how the QB situation pans out. It is not impossible, but not very probable.

Mostly on the QB's anyway. The OL is still at least half as far away from coming together as the Bills'. And the defense is aging. And we won’t know how the RB spot is until the end of the first quarter season, at the earliest.

If:

- One of the QB’s has a career year as a starter
                  - The OL gels much quicker than expected
                  - One of the RB’s becomes a fairly dominant feature back
                  - The aging defensive starters don’t lose anything more from last year
                  - The new defensive starters mesh effectively
                  - ST stays hot
                  - The new coaching staff can install it’s system exceedingly fast

… then they could contend.

Not very probable.

But when the Bills are in that position my hope springs eternal, too. lol. But true. lol. No, really.
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

Not this season - maybe not even next.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                      I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                      • Jul 2005

Discuss.
                      I think it is a stretch to say Miami has a great defense when the safeties are borderline serviceable and the DTs are huge question marks. Whose going to play corner opposite Madison?

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by WILLIS21
                        I think it is a stretch to say Miami has a great defense when the safeties are borderline serviceable and the DTs are huge question marks. Whose going to play corner opposite Madison?
                        Kevin Carter, Keith Traylor, Larry Chester, Jeff Zgonina, Wright. Where's the problem?

Corner opposite Madison? Reggie Howard or Travis Daniels. It's unfortunate Poole got hurt, but I'm sure Reggie Howard if Reggie can do what he did in Carolina, we aren't going to miss Patrick Surtain a whole lot (but we will miss him a lot )

Free Safety is a question mark. Maybe Lance Schulters has a future here? Tebucky Jones doesn't suck, but the FS position is in need of help.

It's my opinion that the scheme can make up for the talent we've lost. Through the years our depth has also sucked. I think our depth at LB and DL are incredible compared to years past. I don't think we're going from 8th ranked Defense to 20th. I think we can be top 12, and to me, that's a good Defense.

Comment

• The Natrix
                          • Jul 2002

It's about as likely as Mikey82 hooking up with footballhottie.

Byrd.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                            I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                            • Jul 2005

Kevin Carter, Keith Traylor, Larry Chester, Jeff Zgonina, Wright. Where's the problem?

Corner opposite Madison? Reggie Howard or Travis Daniels. It's unfortunate Poole got hurt, but I'm sure Reggie Howard if Reggie can do what he did in Carolina, we aren't going to miss Patrick Surtain a whole lot (but we will miss him a lot )

Free Safety is a question mark. Maybe Lance Schulters has a future here? Tebucky Jones doesn't suck, but the FS position is in need of help.

It's my opinion that the scheme can make up for the talent we've lost. Through the years our depth has also sucked. I think our depth at LB and DL are incredible compared to years past. I don't think we're going from 8th ranked Defense to 20th. I think we can be top 12, and to me, that's a good Defense.
                            Keith Traylor is alright but not great. Is he even going to be on the field 50%
                            of the time? Is Larry Chester going to be in TC. Doesn't he still have lingering
                            injury troubles? Manuel Wright has alot of potential but even his D-Line coach as USC said he needed two more years of college.

If you don't sign Lance Schulters, Travares Tillman is poor in pass coverage. REggie Howard is an average cornerback and Travis Daniels is a rookie.
                            I'm not saying the dolphins have a bad defense or anything. Far from it.
                            I just think to be a great defense you have to be in the top 5 in the NFL.
                            The Dolphins weren't a top five defense last year and I don't think they'l be a top 5 defense this year.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                              • Apr 2005

I dont like to say it, but the dolphins aren't that bad...they werent that bad last year, they just came up short on some close games....I'm probably the only person last year who bet the dolphins last year against NE when the phins won....won me 200 bucks!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍