PDA

View Full Version : Is Willis worth #1 overall

Indy Bills Fan
07-25-2005, 05:47 AM
I just found out that I will have the first pick in my FFL draft this year, and I am thinkin of #21. I think that with the way Mularky is gonna ride him he could be worth it. It's either him or Tomlinson IMO. I know that being a bills fan leaves me a little biased, so I'm wondering if any of you would reach for him at #1.

Sorry if this has already been asked, I haven't been on in a while.

tampabay25690
07-25-2005, 07:22 AM
I just found out that I will have the first pick in my FFL draft this year, and I am thinkin of #21. I think that with the way Mularky is gonna ride him he could be worth it. It's either him or Tomlinson IMO. I know that being a bills fan leaves me a little biased, so I'm wondering if any of you would reach for him at #1.

COME ON......

LT is the pick and no one else should be there, I will tell you WIllis will be off the board in the top 15 in most fantasy leagues now. You have to take LT, and if you dont like LT take Peyton Manning those are hands down the 2 best fantasy players in this years draft.....Being a Bills fan I have always had a rule NEVER to take a Bills player but my rule might have changed this year WIllis is the best Bills fantasy player I have seen in a few years....

Good luck to you!!!!

Tatonka
07-25-2005, 07:59 AM
you never win when you pick like a homer.

willis is sweet.. but he is not a top 5 pick.

McGahee420
07-25-2005, 08:05 AM
i was thinking the same thing, and I might actually do it if I do get a chance at him. Only way that it is going to stop me, is if my other fellow bills freinds in the league get a pick before me. We all want Willis!!! But you can't go worng with LT or Peyton. IMO, Peyton is the best overall player in the draft, and LT is Second. I do belive Willis is a top 10 pick though, so if you want him, your going to have to take him.

Gunzlingr
07-25-2005, 08:33 AM
LT is your only choice.

Indy Bills Fan
07-25-2005, 08:41 AM
Thanks, I figured it was too much of a reach, but I REALLY like the potential that WM has this year. I won't be surprised if he is in the top 5 scorers for the season.

ryjam282
07-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Picking with your heart can only get you into trouble. Especially when you have LT2 on the board. This is one of the easiest selections, IMO.

Bert102176
07-25-2005, 01:01 PM
if your #1 and don't take LT then you made a big mistake

AndreReed83
07-25-2005, 01:11 PM
My dad and I have the first overall in his work league and we're taking LT. Most league drafts I'm seeing, Willis is going in picks 5-8.

Crisis
07-25-2005, 01:15 PM
You should be thinking #21...the one from San Diego.

Philisophical Troll
07-25-2005, 03:46 PM

No mcgimp is not worth even close to that.....take julius jones #1 overall though if you want to make noise on your fantasy team says a philisophical troll.

Novacane
07-25-2005, 03:51 PM
No mcgimp is not worth even close to that.....take julius jones #1 overall though if you want to make noise on your fantasy team says a philisophical troll.

Screw that. Take Bledsoe #1 if you really want to make noise :up:

RetroRaiders81
07-25-2005, 03:53 PM
I would go with Manning, but if you go RB get LT.

Meathead
07-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Just curious: Is anybody seriously considering taking Manning first overall? Or even top 5?

In a standard FF format that would leave you with some pretty crappy #2's at RB and/or WR.

Carlton Bailey
07-25-2005, 04:10 PM
I took McGahee #1 overall in one of my leagues. He's going for 1700 yards and 20 td's this year. LT fell off last year.

MarvLevy
07-25-2005, 05:34 PM
DAUNTE CULPEPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE IS CONSISTANT EVERY WEEK..EVEN WITHOUT MOSS.
PLUS HE CAN RUN WELL AND SCORE.
TRUST ME ON THIS..THE GUY WHO WON OUR FANTASY HAD CULPEPPER CARRY HIM 2 YRS IN A ROW.

tampabay25690
07-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Just curious: Is anybody seriously considering taking Manning first overall? Or even top 5?

In a standard FF format that would leave you with some pretty crappy #2's at RB and/or WR.

I would definitely consider Manning 2nd in drafts, but I am in a few leagues and the points are all different.....

Uncle Jesse
07-26-2005, 12:24 AM
All i can say is "Cut that meat! Cut that meat!"

Tinboy
07-26-2005, 12:52 AM
In the League I'm playing this was the first round (I'm Stealers)

1. P. Manning LtFinFan's F...
2. W. McGahee Addiction
3. L. Tomlinson Stealers
4. R. Moss Bills Stampede
5. S. Alexander FinsoverBills
6. P. Holmes SidneyCrosby...
7. M. Harrison P.I.M.P
8. Baltimore Tag Team

LifetimeBillsFan
07-26-2005, 01:36 AM
I love Willis and think he is going be a great fantasy player, but, if you have the # 1 pick in the draft, I think you have to go with the proven commodity that you know is going to produce week in and week out for certain. And, right now, that guy is L.Tomlinson.

If it were a long-term keeper league, I might consider Willis because LT2 did start to show some wear and tear last season. But, I would want to see Willis put up a full season with big numbers before I'd take him in the top 3, especially in leagues that give points for receptions.

Depending on the scoring and rosters in your league, P.Manning might also be an option, but I tend to prefer LT2 at the # 1 spot.