• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Bench Willis For Most All The Pre-Season

I for one will be somewhat nervous watching #21 carrying the rock in pre-season games. I remember Thurman getting very little playing time during the Marv years. He didn't wish to risk his most valuable asset.

We all know the history of his knee. Running him through the offense in Rochester is good enough for me. I hope to see a baseball cap on him early in each pre-season contest since it's a huge dropoff in talent to his backup, whoever that is.

Save him for when it counts. He's the one player we can least afford to lose to injury.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • bills_fan_atic
    • May 2003

Re: Bench Willis For Most All The Pre-Season

I agree 100% there is absolutley no need for McGahee to play at all in the preseason.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Not only to protect Willis, but also give inexperienced backups significant time
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

I agree with this... Starting RB's are either on or off, they dont get better with practice. get him 1 quarter in the last game... just to get his "hits" but that should be it.

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
          I agree with this... Starting RB's are either on or off, they dont get better with practice. get him 1 quarter in the last game... just to get his "hits" but that should be it.
          That brings up a good question.

Resign our own guys!

Comment

• John Doe
            Florida Man
            • Jul 2002

We should not play McGahee in the regular season either - save him for the playoffs.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I think he should see 1-2 series in each preseason game and only work with the offensive first team. Don't put him in with the scrubs/fence players. I agree that we don't want to risk injury, but he will need some time to get back into season form.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

I agree 190% let Willis hang out and watch at talk to the other backs. Let all of our other backs get all the carries....
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                  • Sep 2004

I'll take the carries in pre season, dont worry about it, then Willis wont have too!

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

When the first team O plays, Willis should be playing. He is a vital component and everyone needs to work together to get the timing right. He is not a china doll, his injury in the Orange Bowl was a freak thing, just like JP's break last year.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                      I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by John Doe
                      We should not play McGahee in the regular season either - save him for the playoffs.
                      There probably won't be a playoffs if Willis doesn't play during the regular season.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

BENCH LINDELL FOR THE SEASON!

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                          BENCH LINDELL FOR THE SEASON!
                          Yes!!!! Do it please! All in favor? I......

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            When the first team O plays, Willis should be playing. He is a vital component and everyone needs to work together to get the timing right. He is not a china doll, his injury in the Orange Bowl was a freak thing, just like JP's break last year.
                            You hit the nail on the head, Hammer. We need offensive continuity and timing, and Willis needs to be in game condition, which you only get from playing.

Willis is no more fragile or injury prone than any other Bill.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

[QUOTE=Jan Reimers]You hit the nail on the head, Hammer. We need offensive continuity and timing, and Willis needs to be in game condition, which you only get from playing.
                              QUOTE]

He'll be drilling hard all week at St. John Fisher. The only difference is the Bills won't be throwing a low shoulder into the knee. Playing several series in a meaningless pre-season game isn't going to affect his game conditioning whatsoever. The negatives far outweigh the positives.

Thurman barely touched the ball each August. Remind me again how that wasn't a good idea.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X