• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

With Ricky Williams back...

Miami actually has a HELL of a backup running back.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: With Ricky Williams back...

I don't think ANY team in the league can say they have that kind of quality backup RB.

Comment

• LarryBoy
      The world needs a hero!
      • Apr 2003

Bills Rock!

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
        • May 2003

...And whose to say that William's will not be the starting back at some point during the season? I'll bet this guy comes back better than ever which is a scary thought IMO. Whether his past behavior negates that possibility remains to be seen but I seriously doubt that Ronnie Brown is that much better than Williams.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I doubt it will take Saban 5 years to get the fins back to being a contender. I just hope their OL won't help their running game. Ricky and Ronnie could be one hell of a 1-2 punch.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

I honestly dont think the phins are bad at all....in fact I think they have a chance to make a playoff run....They have a good D, not great, but good...and now that they got Ricky back, their already stacked recievers can get open more....say what you will about Mcmichael, the kid is a hell of a football player.....IMO, Ricky was the best back in the league when he was at his peak. When Ricky gets a full head of stearm, its hard to get him down. They are in the same boat we are in...if the offense comes around, there is a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

Comment

• generalmills
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
              ...And whose to say that William's will not be the starting back at some point during the season? I'll bet this guy comes back better than ever which is a scary thought IMO. Whether his past behavior negates that possibility remains to be seen but I seriously doubt that Ronnie Brown is that much better than Williams.
              Ronnie Brown is NOT better than the Ricky Williams of old. He had the potential to be one of the best in NFL history. The only thing that I am down on him about is how his body will be able to come back to full strength after sitting in tents and eating nothing but Oatmeal and smoking the herb throughout Cali, Australia and India. If he is able to get back to his proper playing weight while keeping the strength and speed up, I predict that if he stays with the dolphins, he will be starting by the time the bills travel to florida on Dec. 4th.
              I watched his interview at the start of Camp today and he looked to be very small in his upper body, He will be hitting the weights pretty hard throughout Aug. as his body has the first 4 weeks of the season to further prepare. He said that he would come in at the bottom of the backfield and try to make his way back up the depth chart. If Saban is serious about keeping him, there could be problems with a split on the o-line as to what back they would prefer. He has all the talent in the world and the best thing for the bills would be a trade to another division and hopefully out of the conference.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

P.S. Can we move to the NFC West or something....this division is hard as a b****....Williams,Brown,Martin,Dillon..every team in our division has a playoff chance!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

No way Saban is keeping him. He's prepping Ricky up so that he could unload him. Having him sit out and rot isn't going to help the organization. But a draft pick is.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

the dolphins season hinges on the same exact thing that the bills season hinges one..

1. Can the offensive line be effective and not cost them games?

2. Can the quarterback be effective in getting the ball to a very talented group of wide receivers and not cost them games?

3. Can the running game be spectacular, control the game, and hold leads?

both defenses are unquestioned. Ours is better, but they are not in bad shape for the most part.. their defense is good enough to keep games close. Now if they have an injury to madison, they could be in huge trouble at the CB spot, just like if clements went down for us.

I think the fish will be better than most expect.

This is the way i see the division finishing:

Buffalo 10-6
                    NE 10-6
                    Miami 8-8
                    Jets 7-9
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      No way Saban is keeping him. He's prepping Ricky up so that he could unload him. Having him sit out and rot isn't going to help the organization. But a draft pick is.
                      I read 2 articles today that said the same thing. They both said the same thing... there is no way we will be there come opening day. Not only because of the hard feelings he caused when he abandoned the team, but because of Brown. They will showcase him in TC to dump him (from what I read they will be lucky to get a 3rd).
                      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                        P.S. Can we move to the NFC West or something....this division is hard as a b****....Williams,Brown,Martin,Dillon..every team in our division has a playoff chance!
                        Welcome to parity. 10 years ago they said the same thing about NFC North (Central) with Green Bay (11-5, SB Champ), Minnesota (8-8), Detroit (10-6), Chicago (9-7) and Tampa (7-9).

Same year AFC West:
                        Kansas City(13-3)
                        San Diego (9-7)
                        Denver (8-8)
                        Seattle(8-8)
                        Oakland(8-8)

Comment

• Bling
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                          I read 2 articles today that said the same thing. They both said the same thing... there is no way we will be there come opening day. Not only because of the hard feelings he caused when he abandoned the team, but because of Brown. They will showcase him in TC to dump him (from what I read they will be lucky to get a 3rd).
                          We'd be lucky if we got a 5th, which is why I think Miami isn't moving him yet. The guy's contract is better than any backups, and Brown and Williams are the best 1-2 punch in the league. Brown shared with Caddy, and I'm sure he's not going to go postal if in his rookie year, he has to share a little more than a normal starter. Ricky, the once bruiser, is actually now the change of pace compared to his partner in crime.

Also remember, Ricky doesn't like to get brutally beat. I don't think he wants to start anywhere where he gets more than 20 carries a game, so any pick above a 5th is a risk. The Jags or Vikes could be an interesting place to put him with quality backups there--IF he somehow gets traded this year.

Comment

• DARTH VEGAN
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

There, everyone can forgive and move on.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                              Great post! I totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X