• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

Tight Ends

Our TE's , especially early, have to give JP an easy target to go to, because everyone's going to be coming at the new guy, and if our WR's need time to get open, and JP doesn't have it, he'll be needing the big target.
    It looks like everyone's come back from their injuries okay, so that's great news!
  • Uncle Jesse
    • Sep 2004

Re: Tight Ends

Thats why I wish Kevin Everret would be 100% healthy right now, I like his future though. Can't wait to see him play, hes going to be my starter at TE in Madden '06 though!

Comment

• im4bflo
      the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by LindellSucks
      Thats why I wish Kevin Everret would be 100% healthy right now, I like his future though. Can't wait to see him play, hes going to be my starter at TE in Madden '06 though!
      What an extra weapon he would of been!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

Isnt Chad Lewis available....If our TE situation is in doubt due to injury, why not try to bring him in for cheap?

Comment

• Throne Logic
          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
          • Aug 2002

Do we actually have a TE on the roster who isn't limping? Other than Jason Peters.
          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Neufeld
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Aug 2004

Trafford and Cieslak, too.

I'm not as concerned about JP having a TE to throw to as having a TE to help in blocking for him. Consider what happened with the Pats last season....

After having several big receiving games early in the season, D.Graham virtually disappeared as a receiver because the Pats began to keep him in to help their young OT who was struggling a bit in pass-blocking. Despite the dramatic drop-off in his receiving production, the NE coaches were very happy with the season that D.Graham had for them last year.

With JP's mobility, if Gandy struggles in pass-blocking, he will benefit more by having a TE who can do what Graham did last season and help Gandy out in pass blocking than from a TE being a target in the passing game. Both Shelton and McGahee can serve as targets for dump-off passes. Willis was a pretty good receiver out of the backfield in college, even though the Bills didn't use him that much in that role last season.
              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

From everything I've seen, Campbell and Euhus are physically ready to go. I believe they were underutilized by Drew, and are therefore better than some people realize. Euhus could be a very good pass catcher and a good outlet for JP.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                X