PDA

View Full Version : Tight Ends

im4bflo
07-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Our TE's , especially early, have to give JP an easy target to go to, because everyone's going to be coming at the new guy, and if our WR's need time to get open, and JP doesn't have it, he'll be needing the big target.
It looks like everyone's come back from their injuries okay, so that's great news!

Uncle Jesse
07-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Thats why I wish Kevin Everret would be 100% healthy right now, I like his future though. Can't wait to see him play, hes going to be my starter at TE in Madden '06 though!

im4bflo
07-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Thats why I wish Kevin Everret would be 100% healthy right now, I like his future though. Can't wait to see him play, hes going to be my starter at TE in Madden '06 though!
What an extra weapon he would of been!

FlyingDutchman
07-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Isnt Chad Lewis available....If our TE situation is in doubt due to injury, why not try to bring him in for cheap?

Throne Logic
07-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Do we actually have a TE on the roster who isn't limping? Other than Jason Peters.

The_Philster
07-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Neufeld

LifetimeBillsFan
07-26-2005, 02:20 AM
Trafford and Cieslak, too.

I'm not as concerned about JP having a TE to throw to as having a TE to help in blocking for him. Consider what happened with the Pats last season....

After having several big receiving games early in the season, D.Graham virtually disappeared as a receiver because the Pats began to keep him in to help their young OT who was struggling a bit in pass-blocking. Despite the dramatic drop-off in his receiving production, the NE coaches were very happy with the season that D.Graham had for them last year.

With JP's mobility, if Gandy struggles in pass-blocking, he will benefit more by having a TE who can do what Graham did last season and help Gandy out in pass blocking than from a TE being a target in the passing game. Both Shelton and McGahee can serve as targets for dump-off passes. Willis was a pretty good receiver out of the backfield in college, even though the Bills didn't use him that much in that role last season.

Jan Reimers
07-26-2005, 04:44 AM
From everything I've seen, Campbell and Euhus are physically ready to go. I believe they were underutilized by Drew, and are therefore better than some people realize. Euhus could be a very good pass catcher and a good outlet for JP.