X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDFINFAN
    • Jun 2003

Tatonka got me jumped on..

Well my friends, it's time for football again. I'm hoping this is a good year for both teams, with the exception of when you guys play us of course. Anyway Tatonka came over to the phin's forum, made a post, I agreed, and a certain young man beat the hell out of me for agreeing..I basically lost my interium homer status So Tatonka, I'll get you later.. Anyway I read the Ricky thread you guys have here, and that's pretty good posting, I used it to show the certain young man that you can talk good football and not be a turngoat on your team.. For those that think Ricky will be gone, he won't, he's too cheap to ship. We might as well have the 1-2 punch and even if the rook isn't all that, you have Ricky as bu, not a bad stragety by Saban. We also have Lamar Gordon and Kay Jay Harris, so it's a quality Backfield either way. So I'll be around a little more looking for some good dicussions as usual, and if I get any homers, I'll loose the certain young man on you..you don't want to mess with him, he will out homer you. Opps, now that I've linked you guys back to us, will he read this post...I thinks I might be in trouble..I'm going to have to go back and eat crow...

It's football season..

Reach for the stars
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tatonka got me jumped on..

dont hate on me.. i was just giving the fish a little bit of props.. those guys over there are psycho!

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• MDFINFAN
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
      dont hate on me.. i was just giving the fish a little bit of props.. those guys over there are psycho!

Yep and the one guy just didn't get it, I'll never agree with you on the phin site again..I lost all my credibility in one post...They're not all psycho's, there was a very good amount of guys who agreed with you and jump on the certain young man...but his glasses were defintely colored roses.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Spiderweb
        ....formerly OhBF
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
        ..... We also have Lamar Gordon and Kay Jay Harris, so it's a quality Backfield either way............
        Not trying to be antagonistic, but how can you possibly speak of Lamar Gordon and a "quality backfield" in the same breath? Stay with Ricky, at least there's an argument that can be made for him (in 2003 anyway).

Good luck to you, but I just can't say that for the Phins, even when their not playing us (although maybe when they're playing the Pats.....if it helps our position....).
        Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
        own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Yep and the one guy just didn't get it, I'll never agree with you on the phin site again..I lost all my credibility in one post...They're not all psycho's, there was a very good amount of guys who agreed with you and jump on the certain young man...but his glasses were defintely colored roses.
          I don't know how you lost ALL of your credibility with that one post, MDFINFAN...especially since you say that there were a good amount of guys who also joined you in agreeing with Tatonka. It's a shame that you let one guy with rose-colored glasses rattle you.

BTW: While I agree that Rickey gives your team a heck of a 1-2 punch, I think that there are probably enough questions about his long-term value to the team that they will try to deal him at some point this season in order to get as much out of him as they possibly can while the opportunity exists. The fact that they have L.Gordon and KJ Harris gives them the ability to deal R.Williams. There are other RBs, including E.James, C.Brown and, perhaps, S.Alexander who are going to be available after the season--so, if they can showcase Rickey in the preseason and when he comes back from his suspension, his value is probably going to be the highest during the season, not after it. The problem is that teams will be reluctant to give up much for him, unless they are really desperate, because they are aware of his history and the long-term questons about him. But, something is better than nothing and your team won't lose that much by giving him up.
          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Kay-Jay Harris?

Ricky, if he's healthy in the head and can hold up at the lower wgt, could be a solid compliment to Ronnie Brown. Gordon is trade bait.....y'all still have Minor and Morris.

Good depth but until (if?) Ricky regains previous form, the term "quality" needs to apply to backfields with proven commodities.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

I'd much rather have Lamar Gordon backing up McGahee than, um, whoever.
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

yeah.. i wouldnt mind having lamar gordon as a back up for sure.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

MD got his a$$ whooped by a finfan. Called him a tatonka a$$ kisser.

I think this thread just proved the other finfan right
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• McGahee420
                    • Jun 2005

Kay Jay Harris played for WVU. He was pretty sick, he set the Big East record for yards in a game, he had something like 336 yards running in one game, not to mention 220 at half and didnt even play the fourth quarter. He is a big back that is fast and strong, the only thing that hurts him is he is injured a lot. I thought this was a good pick up for the dolphins before Ricky came back, now it just makes no sense to keep him. Also he was a baseball player that gave up that glory, he was like 25 years old last year for the Mountaineers.

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞