X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

Any chance we sign any more FA's?

To me, it seems like we need another RB....at least to bring to camp....and another LT.

What do you think the chances are that we sign a FA RB or LT this week?

TD usually likes to have the guys in camp right off the bat....and I know that he has to be tied up with rookie signings......but I think we have legitimate depth concerns here.

Here's my possible target list: (please correct me if any of these guys have signed)

RB: Zereoue, Jamel White, Rod Smart, Ron Dayne, William Green (not a FA, but could be easily had from Cleveland) Dorsey Levens, Robert Holcombe, Leon Johnson.

LT: Chris Terry, Fred Miller, Ross Verba, Marcus Price.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Re: Any chance we sign any more FA's?

I'd add Eddie George to that list of RBs.....I honestly don't think we'll sign anyone else tho, McGee will get an extention about a week or so into camp, and TD will start with Clements
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
      To me, it seems like we need another RB....at least to bring to camp....and another LT.

What do you think the chances are that we sign a FA RB or LT this week?

TD usually likes to have the guys in camp right off the bat....and I know that he has to be tied up with rookie signings......but I think we have legitimate depth concerns here.

Here's my possible target list: (please correct me if any of these guys have signed)

RB: Zereoue, Jamel White, Rod Smart, Ron Dayne, William Green (not a FA, but could be easily had from Cleveland) Dorsey Levens, Robert Holcombe, Leon Johnson.

LT: Chris Terry, Fred Miller, Ross Verba, Marcus Price.
      Ron Dayne has signed with the Broncos and I don't think Cleveland is in any big hurry to unload William Green. Besides, I think that Buffalo has enough talent at the RB position to find a decent backup to Willis. I would rather they went after one of the LT's mentioned. Does any one know what the deal with Price is? He played well last year and has the ability to play both RT & LT. For vet min, why wouldn't some team have grabbed him by now if for nothing more than depth. Weird.
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

I thought Ron Dayne was a Bronco
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

I think we are just fine at RB. That's why we got Reshard Lee, and drafted a RB. Shaud Williams is also very capable as he showed last year.

An LT is more possible, but as long as they fall within our range of what we can afford. Verba is, unfortunately, so far out of our reach. Price, I'm going to guess, has some type of injury that is keeping him from being signed by anyone. McFarland played decent in a couple of games last season - so I'm not worried about our backups. I feel our backups are of better quality and more experienced than what we had last year. I want to see what happens in TC with LT and what McNally thinks before I jump on the "let's pick up someone" wagon. Throwing bodies to a position does not necessarily mean it will work.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
            I think we are just fine at RB. That's why we got Reshard Lee, and drafted a RB. Shaud Williams is also very capable as he showed last year.

An LT is more possible, but as long as they fall within our range of what we can afford. Verba is, unfortunately, so far out of our reach. Price, I'm going to guess, has some type of injury that is keeping him from being signed by anyone. McFarland played decent in a couple of games last season - so I'm not worried about our backups. I feel our backups are of better quality and more experienced than what we had last year. I want to see what happens in TC with LT and what McNally thinks before I jump on the "let's pick up someone" wagon. Throwing bodies to a position does not necessarily mean it will work.
            Your post is logical and reasonable. Ergo, no one will pay it any attention whatsoever.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

I still think the Bills will sign Marcus Price, sometime threw camp....
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

I also think the Bills will sign Mcgee and Clements, I think Clements will get a 4-5yr deal, I see Moulds next year adios, or big paycut.
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Your post is logical and reasonable. Ergo, no one will pay it any attention whatsoever.
                  The Sky is FALLING!!! We have no Left Tackle!!! McNally hasn't seen what Gandy can do and is just guessing when he inserted him as the potential starter. Peters is a physical specimen but he needs a high IQ or he can't play - just like Lawrence Taylor and all the previous rocket science football players that have played before. Willis could hurt his knee again and we don't have a big has-been backing him up!!! Pat Williams is gone. This will disrupt our defense tremendously. Who's going to run out to the sidelines huffing and puffing every other play now. Our defense is going to drop to last place. And Losman...he's just a rookie and can't possibly help us in anyway. He's just going to stare and lock onto Moulds and forget about everyone else. He's going to get sacked all the time...it's not like he's played with a porous line before. It'll all be new. As a rookie, his completion percentage could be as low as 57% and he could throw 16 interceptions in 1 season ranking him 5th worse in the AFC or have an average of 183 yds/game ranking him 2nd worse in the AFC. Yeah, JP would be terrible with those numbers...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

The Sky is FALLING!!! We have no Left Tackle!!! McNally hasn't seen what Gandy can do and is just guessing when he inserted him as the potential starter. Peters is a physical specimen but he needs a high IQ or he can't play - just like Lawrence Taylor and all the previous rocket science football players that have played before. Willis could hurt his knee again and we don't have a big has-been backing him up!!! Pat Williams is gone. This will disrupt our defense tremendously. Who's going to run out to the sidelines huffing and puffing every other play now. Our defense is going to drop to last place. And Losman...he's just a rookie and can't possibly help us in anyway. He's just going to stare and lock onto Moulds and forget about everyone else. He's going to get sacked all the time...it's not like he's played with a porous line before. It'll all be new. As a rookie, his completion percentage could be as low as 57% and he could throw 16 interceptions in 1 season ranking him 5th worse in the AFC or have an average of 183 yds/game ranking him 2nd worse in the AFC. Yeah, JP would be terrible with those numbers...
                    Now you've got it.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                      • May 2004

Now wait just a minute....I don't believe our chances of success are completely gone without a couple of signings....but I think if we had some experienced vets in there to compete with the young guys, it would help push the young guys at the very least. I don't think we need huge amounts of help, just depth...for training camp.
                      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                        Jamel White is on Detriot

Ron Dayne is on Denver

Robert Holcombe is on Kansas City

I think the best fit is Eddie George.

Even though George isn't very explosive anymore, he is still a very tough, highly respected player and leader. More importantly he excels at blitz pickup. That will be very important with a young QB like Losman. If McGahee goes down, the Bills are in trouble for more than what they lose in the running game. Rashard Lee has size and has demonstrated pretty good run skills, but his blitz pickup was always questioned by Parcells, who cited it as the reason Lee never received any steady playing time (and ultimately, was released).

I don't care how good your RB is, the one thing he can't do is get your QB killed. Especially a young guy like Losman, who will have enough to worry about.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Peters is a physical specimen but he needs a high IQ or he can't play - just like Lawrence Taylor and all the previous rocket science football players that have played before.
                          Intelligence is much more important an attribute for an OL than it is for a pass-rusher. Teams are looking for smart guys, along with size and athleticism.

A player rushing from the outside like Taylor is using his natural gifts and aggressiveness to get to the QB.

However, an OL needs much more than natural ability, he needs the intelligence to recognize the defensive alignment and make the correct decision on which player to block. He needs not only to understand his assignment, but he needs to understand the blocking scheme and how the assignment is adjusted based on changes in the defense. OL need to function like a unit. Decision-making and intelligence are every bit as important as athletic skill.

Comment

• Philisophical Troll
                            Take my dating advice, it worked for me on my sister :up:
                            • Jul 2005

Since that idiot donahoe unloaded Henry I do believe he freed up some cap space. So it wouldn't surpise me to see Buffalo address some of their needs. There will be some big names available over the course of the preseason cuts. So don't be surpised if the Bills sign LT, kicker, TE, or DT if somebody is sitting there who could contribute.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by NE39
                              Intelligence is much more important an attribute for an OL than it is for a pass-rusher. Teams are looking for smart guys, along with size and athleticism.

A player rushing from the outside like Taylor is using his natural gifts and aggressiveness to get to the QB.

However, an OL needs much more than natural ability, he needs the intelligence to recognize the defensive alignment and make the correct decision on which player to block. He needs not only to understand his assignment, but he needs to understand the blocking scheme and how the assignment is adjusted based on changes in the defense. OL need to function like a unit. Decision-making and intelligence are every bit as important as athletic skill.
                              Let me ask you this...Is intelligence more important? Or knowledge? And no, they are not the same thing.

Also, don't you think it takes more "intelligence or knowledge" for the TE position vs an OT???

Comment

Working...
                              X