PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Ticket

Historian
07-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Forgive me if this has already been posted, as I haven't been around much lately.

I found out this past weekend that in order to view the 6 or 7 games the ticket offers on Sundays in HD, it will now cost an additional 100 dollars, as they have moved the HD games into their new Superfan Pack.

I don't know how many of you that this affects, as not everybody has both Sunday Ticket and HDTV, but for me, I was sitting on the fence, and due to this, I'm going to dump it.

Living in Buffalo, they black out the Bills on the Ticket to begin with. The only reason I kept it was to watch other games in HD when the Bills aren't playing. So for me, it's now twice as useless.

JJamezz
07-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Well, for returning customers, at least for this year, Superfan is half price, so it's not too bad..

I'm waiting to see the HD schedule though before I buy it. Although I'm not sure if the sched comes out all at once - I think last year it did, but this year I read the HD games would be decided week by week, I dunno.

Last year the Bills were in HD 6 games I think (I didn't have HD last year, but I checked the old DTV schedule) - so hopefully we'll get maybe 10 games this season.

OpIv37
07-26-2005, 09:33 AM
yeah they offered me the Superfan pack for $50. If I had an HDTV or a bigger screen to take advantage of that 8 games at once deal, I would have done it in a second. But my biggest TV is only 27" and I don't have HD so it's not worth the extra money.

I live outside of Buffalo so I'll pay whatever it costs to get Sunday Ticket because it's the only way to watch the Bills games (and no blackouts either :up:). If I was living in Buffalo, I honestly don't know if I'd keep it. At this point, I'm kind of addicted to it and would probably have it anyway.

The last buffalo fan
07-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Do you guys know anything about SKY, NFL Ticket??? A friend of mine and myself, hired this service downhere in Mexico, but do not know nothing about it. As I was coming every single sunday, to a local sports bar, it was a little expensive.

indianabillsfan
07-26-2005, 08:53 PM
I went to the DIRECTV website and checked on the Superfan pack. Something you might want to consider is that with Superfan, you will have the Shortcuts option so you can watch every play of a game in a 30-minute time frame commercial free, even the games that are blacked out locally. I confirmed this by going to the frequently-asked questions page. So if you did buy the Superfan pack, you would then be able to see every play from every Bills game commercial free and have the ability to watch the HD games again. So, if you live in the Buffalo area and you were not able to watch the Bills games in previous seasons because of blackouts, it might be worth the extra money just to have the Shortcut options as well as all of the other Superfan benefits. Just a thought. (by the way, I am not employed by or associated with DIRECTV)

indianabillsfan
07-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Unfortunately for those outside of the Buffalo area, it does appear that the HD games are not part of the standard Sunday Ticket package anymore and will require the purchase of Superfan to be able to watch them.