X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McGahee420
    • Jun 2005

Defense Looking to Dominate

Here is a pretty good article about the defense and what they hope to do this year. The one thing I would love to see is taking out brady and shutting them pats out again. I can't wait to see what Takeo does this season!!!!! I really hope he smashes brady to the turf

<--------Brady with TKO, Adams, and Schobel surrounding his dead carcus on the field

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Defense Looking to Dominate

Comment

• Philisophical Troll
      Take my dating advice, it worked for me on my sister :up:
      • Jul 2005

Its going to be an extremely difficult task for this defensive unit to finish in the top ten this year. Here's why:

1) Loss of Fat Pat, the bottom line he was the best player on this unit besides Spikes/Clements. He was a destructive force that single handedly took over the game when offensive lineman had to double and triple team him. He opened the door for fletcher and spikes to roam free in the middle of the field. That won't be the case this year, edwards is a far cry from fat pat. And we all remember what happened in 02' when this guy was a starter.

2) Bills play much better offensive teams this year: The likes of the chiefs, raiders, falcons, chargers, etc are a far cry from san fran and cleveland. Also considering the bills still see the juggernaut pats, a vastly improved fins team, and an overhauled jets offense twice....that doesnt' bode well for this unit.

3) 'fired and ice' are getting old and older, still 2 solid players in malloy and vincent, but they are far from being rodney harrison and roy williams. Expect their age to show this year going up against younger, faster receivers.

4) Mcgee is a great return man but not a starting corner. He has yet to prove he carry the full time load at that position.

5) Bills still don't have a 2nd player at the DE end position that can be a consistent threat. Schobel is solid, but still a bit overated and overpaid. Denney and Kelsay have show flashes, but also looked pitiful at times. The Bills definitely need help there especially since they already took a huge step back at the DT position with the loss of fat pat.

In conclusion Jerry Gray is a great coordinator and will someday be a head coach. Takeo Spikes is going to have a huge season despite losing his large buddy up front. Nate Clements should also post gaudy numbers in his last season in buffalo. Bottom line: I see this unit making plays and carrying the load early in the season, but once they hit the meat of their schedule they will be exposed. Expect them to finish between 11th-18th overrall says a philisophical troll.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Philisophical Troll
        Its going to be an extremely difficult task for this defensive unit to finish in the top ten this year. Here's why:

1) Loss of Fat Pat, the bottom line he was the best player on this unit besides Spikes/Clements. He was a destructive force that single handedly took over the game when offensive lineman had to double and triple team him. He opened the door for fletcher and spikes to roam free in the middle of the field. That won't be the case this year, edwards is a far cry from fat pat. And we all remember what happened in 02' when this guy was a starter.

2) Bills play much better offensive teams this year: The likes of the chiefs, raiders, falcons, chargers, etc are a far cry from san fran and cleveland. Also considering the bills still see the juggernaut pats, a vastly improved fins team, and an overhauled jets offense twice....that doesnt' bode well for this unit.

3) 'fired and ice' are getting old and older, still 2 solid players in malloy and vincent, but they are far from being rodney harrison and roy williams. Expect their age to show this year going up against younger, faster receivers.

4) Mcgee is a great return man but not a starting corner. He has yet to prove he carry the full time load at that position.

5) Bills still don't have a 2nd player at the DE end position that can be a consistent threat. Schobel is solid, but still a bit overated and overpaid. Denney and Kelsay have show flashes, but also looked pitiful at times. The Bills definitely need help there especially since they already took a huge step back at the DT position with the loss of fat pat.

In conclusion Jerry Gray is a great coordinator and will someday be a head coach. Takeo Spikes is going to have a huge season despite losing his large buddy up front. Nate Clements should also post gaudy numbers in his last season in buffalo. Bottom line: I see this unit making plays and carrying the load early in the season, but once they hit the meat of their schedule they will be exposed. Expect them to finish between 11th-18th overrall says a philisophical troll.

Dude...shut up...nobody asked you for your worthless opinion about a team that you probably did not watch once last year..fat pat tied people up and let Spikes roam free? Spikes is an outside linebacker concerned with tight ends and running backs out of the backfield you dumb s***....Did you ever watch a game last year....why do you waste your time posting s*** you know nothing about? You keep making stuff up that you think sounds good to you and your bong resin clogged brain, but has little to no truth...I'm definately using ignore now, I feel dumber after every post I read of yours.

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
          Dude...shut up...nobody asked you for your worthless opinion about a team that you probably did not watch once last year..fat pat tied people up and let Spikes roam free? Spikes is an outside linebacker concerned with tight ends and running backs out of the backfield you dumb s***....Did you ever watch a game last year....why do you waste your time posting s*** you know nothing about? You keep making stuff up that you think sounds good to you and your bong resin clogged brain, but has little to no truth...I'm definately using ignore now, I feel dumber after every post I read of yours.
          One less person to answer him means the better chances are of his going away...atleast we are doing it the civilized way vs banning him from here like other sites might have done by now.

Comment

• McGahee420
            • Jun 2005

Fat Pat was solid, but if he was the anchor of our defense, then why did his fellow buddy, which was Sam Adams make it to the pro bow? I know that he was a big loss, but he was getting older and now we have some young, solid guys in Edwards and Anderson that I tihnk will fill in nicely. McGee played solid last year at corner, if he was so bad, then why did take vincents starting job when he came back? I mean they are not exactly the same unit, but returning 10 of 11 starters is pretty damn good. IMO, they finish top 5, and with the attitude they have now, I can see them being #1.

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Philisophical Troll

2) Bills play much better offensive teams this year: The likes of the chiefs, raiders, falcons, chargers, etc are a far cry from san fran and cleveland. Also considering the bills still see the juggernaut pats, a vastly improved fins team, and an overhauled jets offense twice....that doesnt' bode well for this unit

.i'll give dallas 20th to 25th,bills 1st or 3rd
              :oldskool:
              micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• Tinboy
                • Aug 2004

We need the defense to work this year and I think it will, sure we lost one our our best players but no team is one player. I think the rest of team will step up and deliver.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Aug 2004

If young players were not supposed to develop to the point where they are able to take over from older players, why bother holding a draft?

No doubt that Pat Williams was a good player for the Bills. And, because he was a good player, the Bills could take their time in developing the players who were to eventually replace him. But, what most people who are concerned about the Bills losing P.Williams don't realize is that both Ron Edwards and Tim Anderson were both 3rd Round draft picks--first day selections. First day draft picks are expected to have the talent to develop into solid NFL starters.

Edwards and Anderson have the talent and have had time to develop. It is time for them to step in and take over. There is no reason that they can't or to expect that they won't be able to do so. Will they be able to play as well as P.Williams--well, we don't know because they haven't been called on to do so yet. But, considering that they both have first day talent, if they have developed their talent and skills properly, there is no reason that they can't do as well as Williams who was a UDFA.

The coaches believe that they can do the job and there won't be any drop-off in the performance of the defense. And, considering what the coaches have done with this defense so far, I am willing to believe them.
                  Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    One less person to answer him means the better chances are of his going away...atleast we are doing it the civilized way vs banning him from here like other sites might have done by now.
                    Yup. I have found reading in this forum much more pleasurable since adding that dolt to my ignore list. The problem is people still keep quoting what she has written so I STILL see what numb **** wrote.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                      Yup. I have found reading in this forum much more pleasurable since adding that dolt to my ignore list. The problem is people still keep quoting what she has written so I STILL see what numb **** wrote.
                      Personally, I don't read it when they quote him. I'll read their msg - but their msg is usually something like, "Are you crazy? What planet are you from??..." and so on. So unless I see anything remotely looking intelligent in the post, I just move on to the next post. I too find the reading more pleasurable without reading his inane crap. I love that there are alot of intelligent football posters here. We're not ultra-sensitive like finheaven, or the Eagles forum that PT mentioned, but we are more level headed and intelligent. And if we get a poster who's just egging us on, for the most part we join and ignore him. I think that's great!!! I also like reading some people's insight here into the game and even the reports that come through here. While I don't always agree with everyone on issues like whether TD is a good/bad GM, etc, I have fun discussing it with others. Can't wait til opening day...I'll have to find where all the Zoners hang out so I can meet a couple.

Comment

Working...
                      X