PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Trying To Trade Satan

Makaveli
07-26-2005, 11:24 AM
nooooooo

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=131480&hubName=nhl

Miroslav Satan's days with the Buffalo Sabres are numbered.

The Buffalo News reports the restricted free agent will likely not be tendered a qualifying offer or his rights will be retained in order to trade him over the course of the next few days.

Satan, who has led the Sabres in scoring in six of his seven seasons, is scheduled to make almost $4-million this season which would account for 14 percent of the team's payroll.

It's possible Satan could become an unrestricted free agent and decide to sign a new deal with the Sabres for considerably less than what he is making.

"I'm just trying to wait and see what happens," Satan tells the News. "I'm going to be a professional and not say anything more. I'm just going to wait and make no comments."

The newspaper reports Satan could also opt to play hockey in his native Slovakia this year.

NHL teams have until 5 p.m. Friday to buy out existing player contracts for two-thirds their value without it counting against the salary cap.

:( :( :( i hope he goes to a good team and the Sabres get someone good back then, not a stupid ass draft pick and some minor leaguer

Crisis
07-26-2005, 12:00 PM
He has no work ethic, can't say I'm suprised.

pyrrhonist
07-26-2005, 12:10 PM
I read that article just a few minutes ago. I can't say I'm shocked, but I am disappointed.

I still can't believe that there are so many of my fellow Sabres fans who feel like it's a good thing. He & Briere are our only true "goal scorers" on the roster right now. :shutup:

lordofgun
07-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Who needs goal scorers, right Lindy?

camelcowboy
07-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Get rid of Satan, and throw the money at Nasland or Forsberg.

pyrrhonist
07-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Get rid of Satan, and throw the money at Nasland or Forsberg.

If they're not willing to pay Satan his salary, there's no way they'll pay the higher cost to get Naslund or Foppa. :down:

camelcowboy
07-26-2005, 11:58 PM
If they're not willing to pay Satan his salary, there's no way they'll pay the higher cost to get Naslund or Foppa. :down:
Its not that their not willing to pay his salary cause darcy on radio says they'll be active in freeagency. I just think Satan is not on the teams good side, with his me first mantality, which is a bad influence on a younger team.

lordofgun
07-27-2005, 12:13 AM
:bigwave:Satan

clumping platelets
07-27-2005, 01:00 AM
I'll drive him to the airport :redcar:

The_Philster
07-27-2005, 04:49 AM
Regier was on WGR denying those reports

don137
07-27-2005, 05:45 AM
While Satan is very inconsistant and chooses when to play the guy is a scorer. I don't mind letting him go IF they replace him with another scorer. If they replace him with some journeyman and they are relying on the existing core of players to step up then it is a bad move. You just don't replace natural scorers.

Sabre Ally
07-27-2005, 01:22 PM
I'll drive him to the airport :redcar:

NO! Drive him to my house. :hockey: :whip:

buffalofan19
07-27-2005, 04:58 PM
While Satan is very inconsistant and chooses when to play the guy is a scorer. I don't mind letting him go IF they replace him with another scorer. If they replace him with some journeyman and they are relying on the existing core of players to step up then it is a bad move. You just don't replace natural scorers.
Well said. You don't get rid of your top scorer unless you can get a replacement of at least near equal numbers. If the Sabres just get rid of Satan for draft picks, or some 40 pt. a year guy, they are making a big mistake. I don't care how bad his work ethic is, they guy scores more goals than anyone on this team has in a long time. You have to keep him or get someone of equal or better value in return.

Typ0
07-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Well said. You don't get rid of your top scorer unless you can get a replacement of at least near equal numbers. If the Sabres just get rid of Satan for draft picks, or some 40 pt. a year guy, they are making a big mistake. I don't care how bad his work ethic is, they guy scores more goals than anyone on this team has in a long time. You have to keep him or get someone of equal or better value in return.

seems like they are moving him to get a better player in some way. Every team that is starved for top tier players right now has to make sure they improve over the next few months. after watching Satan play for a few years now and seeing the whole team tank when he lazes around the ice I think it's time for a change. I'm pretty confident there will be a scorer brought to the team...but then again...

SkateZilla
07-27-2005, 07:49 PM
I'll Drive Him Off a Cliff...

pyrrhonist
07-27-2005, 08:57 PM
No joke, if Lindy hopes to replace Satan's goal scoring with AHL guys (Except for maybe Vanek), I'm going to be pissed. :down:

SkateZilla
07-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Reiger Wants to brign in A Hi Profile Player, Most likely one that was Cut From the High Salary Teams..