PDA

View Full Version : Quinn says not this yr. for Blue & Gold jerseys

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Quinn indicated the Sabres are strongly considering a return to a blue-and-gold scheme, but not for this season.

NHL regulations require teams to notify the league of logo and uniform changes a year in advance so merchandise doesn't become obsolete before it can sold.

The Sabres have created multiple in-house uniform designs and are about to evaluate forthcoming designs from Reebok. http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20050726/2024578.asp

The mad cow will finally be gone next yr.

JD
07-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Hope we keep the third jerseys :peace:

SABuffalo786
07-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Well it only took them the better part of a decade to figure out. :rolleyes:

buffalofan19
07-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Well it only took them the better part of a decade to figure out. :rolleyes:
The reason the Sabres changed the uniforms in the first place is because the blue and gold were not selling very well at all as far as merchandise is concerned. The Black and Red, even now, well after the novelty has worn off, is still selling pretty decently. That's why the Sabres haven't changed back. I personally don't think they should, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I catually like the black and red, and I thought I read somewhere that the Sabres are in the top half of the league as far as jersey sales go, so apparenly alot of other fans like the black and red too.

SABuffalo786
07-28-2005, 09:39 PM
That's surprising. Nearly every Sabres fan I've spoken to has wanted to go back to Blue and Gold.

I just find the whole black and red pseudo-tough guy thing tacky and awful. Just not classy like the old shirts.

clumping platelets
07-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Didn't they already have a year :mad:

Ebenezer
07-29-2005, 04:16 PM
The reason the Sabres changed the uniforms in the first place is because the blue and gold were not selling very well at all as far as merchandise is concerned. The Black and Red, even now, well after the novelty has worn off, is still selling pretty decently. That's why the Sabres haven't changed back. I personally don't think they should, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I catually like the black and red, and I thought I read somewhere that the Sabres are in the top half of the league as far as jersey sales go, so apparenly alot of other fans like the black and red too.
If it were not selling the reason was because they were not winning...coincidence that the new colors also happen to have been the colors of Marine Midland Bank, arena naming rights sponsor at the time?? I think not.

Even if they went back to the blue & gold you can bet there will still be some sort of black in their somewhere...years ago there was an NFL marketing guru on the "Fabulous Sports Babe" show (is that even on the air anymore?) who even stated that the NFL was encouraging the addition of black to new designs because women like to buy clothes that are black or have black in them.