X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Why your team won't win the Super Bowl

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

AFC
    East Division

Buffalo Bills: Quarterback J.P. Losman attempted five real passes during his rookie season. He will learn that reading defense on film and reading them in a game is not unlike switching from Dr. Seuss to James Joyce.
    For the record, don't miss "The Cat in Finnegan's Hat."
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Why your team won't win the Super Bowl

Once again, the recycled "JP will struggle" analysis. I wish one of these all knowing pundits would tell us something we haven't already heard 100 times.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Static
      The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
      • Jul 2005

He's a rookie...what do they expect him to do....analysts seem to revel in the fact that rookies struggle....then they pat themselves on the back for such hard hitting analysis.

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

Tell the Steelers that.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

that was pretty lame.
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
            Tell the Steelers that.
            that team was way more than Big Ben.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LT teh ghost
              He's a rookie...what do they expect him to do....analysts seem to revel in the fact that rookies struggle....then they pat themselves on the back for such hard hitting analysis.
              Yeah, except, one of the differences is that he's a rookie that knows the Offensive playbook of Mularkeys. Usually a rookie is coming in right now trying to learn it and a little disoriented. JP is not coming in like a typical rookie. AND, more importantly, our style of offense revolves around McGahee and not Losman. Losman is coming into the NFL in the best possible way he could. There is much less pressure on him than there is on...say Manning. AND also, he has a fantastic D and ST that can help win those close games. JP couldn't ask for a better situation.

And given his level of competitiveness, I don't think he's going to be the type that takes to losing. If anything, he will make sure that he is not contributing to losing - and as long as everyone else does their part, we should be okay.

I don't listen to when analysts complain about Losman. I've seen several articles with all kinds of stat errors in them - showing the lack of knowledge of the Bills on the writers part. They have to write something or they get no salary. So when they don't know too much about a team or a player - they improvise.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

what people don't realize is that Brady won his sb in his 2nd year after sitting behind Drew. Not saying that we will win the sb but why can't JP at least be a decent qb for us? He is considered to be better than Brady coming out of college, no?

I know it remains to be seen but I think we'll be fine w/ JP in his first year as a starter and eventually become one of the better qb's in the league.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Pride
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  that team was way more than Big Ben.
                  And buffalo doesnt have the same tools ben had?

Killer defense? Solid Running Game? Great WR's? The only difference might be the OL.

Comment

• footballhottie
                    • Feb 2005

i LOVE what they said about the pats

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Yeah, except, one of the differences is that he's a rookie that knows the Offensive playbook of Mularkeys. Usually a rookie is coming in right now trying to learn it and a little disoriented. JP is not coming in like a typical rookie. AND, more importantly, our style of offense revolves around McGahee and not Losman. Losman is coming into the NFL in the best possible way he could. There is much less pressure on him than there is on...say Manning. AND also, he has a fantastic D and ST that can help win those close games. JP couldn't ask for a better situation.

And given his level of competitiveness, I don't think he's going to be the type that takes to losing. If anything, he will make sure that he is not contributing to losing - and as long as everyone else does their part, we should be okay.

I don't listen to when analysts complain about Losman. I've seen several articles with all kinds of stat errors in them - showing the lack of knowledge of the Bills on the writers part. They have to write something or they get no salary. So when they don't know too much about a team or a player - they improvise.
                      I was going to say something very similar, but there's no need.
                      Excellent post.

Comment

• Philisophical Troll
                        Take my dating advice, it worked for me on my sister :up:
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3830736

AFC
                        East Division

Buffalo Bills: Quarterback J.P. Losman attempted five real passes during his rookie season. He will learn that reading defense on film and reading them in a game is not unlike switching from Dr. Seuss to James Joyce.
                        For the record, don't miss "The Cat in Finnegan's Hat."
                        I agree, young JP Lossman will learn the hard way that the NFL isn't mighty Tulane University says a philisophical troll

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Philisophical Troll
                          I agree, young JP Lossman will learn the hard way that the NFL isn't mighty Tulane University says a philisophical troll
                          what the heck is your problem,you hope he gets hurt,because thats what you
                          are trying to say.thats mean.
                          :oldskool:
                          micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Philisophical Troll
                            Given that your starting QB is an aging birdbath, your backup Henson was out of football for 4 years (and was in for less than a full game last year), and your 3rd QB Romo out for 2 years (and has yet to throw an NFL pass), I wouldn't be throwing too many stones in that glass house of yours.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Pride
                              And buffalo doesnt have the same tools ben had?

Killer defense? Solid Running Game? Great WR's? The only difference might be the OL.
                              And that's a big difference. That's what made Big Ben, Big Ben, without them, I think he'd struggle like anyother rookie, in the playoffs he looked like a rookie. Justa may have a point about JP knowing the O, and not just now learning it..this may give him a big advantage. But he still has to learn to pace himself for a full season. Personally I want him to be decent, not against the phins, but you have a good team and I hate to see one person spoil it, and he's in a position that can loose you games. I'm a fan of football, I want you guys to beat teams outside the div, but of course, loose inside. Afterall you are a AFCE, I have some pride in that.

Reach for the stars

Comment

Working...
                              X