Stewie
07-28-2005, 09:23 AM
QB - T. Brady, D. Carr
RB - L. Tomlinson, K. Jones, F. Taylor
WR - T. Owens, L. Coles, E. Moulds, K. McCardell, K. Johnson
TE - J. Shockey, B. Franks
K - M. Vander.... idiot kicker
DEF - Carolina, Washington

If you look at last years stats, this team wouldn't have done so hot but I'm counting on Coles and Shockey to have much better seaons this year, and I'm hoping Carr does better as well.

Static
07-28-2005, 09:26 AM
QB - T. Brady, D. Carr
RB - L. Tomlinson, K. Jones, F. Taylor
WR - T. Owens, L. Coles, E. Moulds, K. McCardell, K. Johnson
TE - J. Shockey, B. Franks
K - M. Vander.... idiot kicker
DEF - Carolina, Washington

If you look at last years stats, this team wouldn't have done so hot but I'm counting on Coles and Shockey to have much better seaons this year, and I'm hoping Carr does better as well.

Damn was there anyone else drafting :peace:

OpIv37
07-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Stick with Brady for QB- a buddy of mine has him last year. He usually doesn't have spectacular numbers but can be counted on for 1-2 touchdowns and few turnovers. I had Carr last year- he's a terrible fantasy player. One week he'll put up 18 fantasy points and the next week -3.

F. Taylor is on permanent injury reserve, but you have LT so it won't matter much.

Is Coles still with the Redskins? If so, only start him as a last resort. Their offense bites and isn't getting any better.

Shockey is overrated- B. Franks will be more valuable over the course of the season.

Good choices on D.

EDS
07-28-2005, 10:15 AM
How many teams in your league? Looks like a great team to me.

Tatonka
07-28-2005, 10:29 AM
LT and KJ at running back is very nice.

good team.

Stewie
07-28-2005, 10:43 AM
10 team league... I got lucky with the 2nd pick and the 1st guy chose manning. Can't go wrong with having LT fall in your lap... Coles is with the Jets again and I'm expecting him and Pennington to hook up like they used to.. somewhere along the lines of 80-85 balls for 1250+ and 8-10td's... I'm gonna keep Taylor on the bench as long as jones scores more TD's.. he only had 5 last year on 1200 yards rushing.. that's not good enough.

vicmantak
07-29-2005, 05:11 AM
Your team seems to be at least on the third place.

Brady is a very good QB but not a top fantasy option.
Carr is a "?"... his OL is maybe the worst in the league but has extremely good weapons.
L. Tomlinson and K. Jones are simply your best cards and for sure, Jones will be an amazing surprise.
F. Taylor will not play this season and you urgently need his replacement.
T. Owens, L. Coles, E. Moulds, K. McCardell, K. Johnson are not extremely impressive but solid.
J. Shockey or B. Franks are well above average fantasy options...
M.Vanderjagt is simply the top 3
Carolina and Washington are really solid options too. If not, both are inside the top 5.

Bill Brasky
07-29-2005, 06:43 AM
I would take that team in any league I'm in.

mayotm
07-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Why does your league have its draft so early? It really sucks for people that lose somebody for the season in the pre-season. We always have our draft after the end of pre-season.

Stewie
07-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Dunno thats just the way it is?

It does suck when guys get hurt, but it theoretically affects everyone equally, so it's not a big deal

tampabay25690
07-29-2005, 11:13 AM
I had a draft last nite with 10 teams in the league, I had 9th pick!!!! This is what I got..

QB Daute Culpepper, Tom Brady(back up)
RB Deuce McAllister, Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrrok, Lee Suggs
WR/TE Tony Gonzalez, Mushin Muhammed, Laverneus Coles, Plexico Burres, Derrick Mason, Keenan McCardell
Defense-Buffalo, San Diego
Kicker- Shayne Graham, Kris Brown

Overall I like my draft ..

Crisis
07-29-2005, 11:27 AM
10 team league... I got lucky with the 2nd pick and the 1st guy chose manning. Can't go wrong with having LT fall in your lap... Coles is with the Jets again and I'm expecting him and Pennington to hook up like they used to.. somewhere along the lines of 80-85 balls for 1250+ and 8-10td's... I'm gonna keep Taylor on the bench as long as jones scores more TD's.. he only had 5 last year on 1200 yards rushing.. that's not good enough. Well I'm in a 12 team league and had the first pick.

Sabre Ally
07-29-2005, 12:43 PM
I had a draft last nite with 10 teams in the league, I had 9th pick!!!! This is what I got..

QB Daute Culpepper, Tom Brady(back up)
RB Deuce McAllister, Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrrok, Lee Suggs
WR/TE Tony Gonzalez, Mushin Muhammed, Laverneus Coles, Plexico Burres, Derrick Mason, Keenan McCardell
Defense-Buffalo, San Diego
Kicker- Shayne Graham, Kris Brown

Overall I like my draft ..

I'm in the same league. I picked 6th.

QB Mark Bulger, Chad Pennington, David Carr
RB Edgerrin James, Kevin Jones, Tatum Bell, Cedric Benson, Thomas Jones, Marshall Faulk
WR/TE Marvin Harrison, Joe Horn, Ashley Lelie, Deion Branch, Eddie Kennison
K Mike Vanderjagt
D Pittsburgh