• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Rosenhaus losing credibility

If I were a GM I would place much less stock in Rosenhaus' clients threats to hold out in the future. TO caved, J. Walker caved, Edge caved. I don't quite understand how Rosenhaus got to be an elite agent. If I were a player I would be very wary to sign with him. The GM's won this round with Rosenlouss.
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

Re: Rosenhaus losing credibility

and hopefully the bills pay attention with magahee.

Comment

• Bling
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by HAMMER
      I don't quite understand how Rosenhaus got to be an elite agent.
      Just look in your backyard. McGahee was a 1st round pick to the Bills of all teams, when people thought he'd fall off the map. People just remember McGahee's draft with Rosehaus' luck, and now Rosenhaus can make these ****ty claims that won't happen.

Comment

• jmb1099
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
        and hopefully the bills pay attention with magahee.
        amen

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

If McGahee has a monster year, he deserves a better market-valued contract. He would've proven that he was the elite player that he was originally rated as.

Jon

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

You forgot about the back that said he was going to hold out with the Browns...Reuben Droughns.

He said that he was going to holdout, then he came back to the Browns' offseason workouts with his tail between his legs.

Comment

• ryjam282
              Offical Billszone Starting QB
              • Mar 2003

I love it. Finally, they messed with some teams that just don't give a crap and lost. Hopefully, others follow suit for the future.

Ryan Withey
              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Pride
                • Jul 2002

Unless we get a stud backup RB, we dont have the same luxury as the eagles did or packers did. Fact is.. our season rests on McGahee's knee right now. We do NOT have a backup RB that can go 4+ games and get us to the playoffs!

Comment

• colin
                  Drew's my hero!
                  • Jul 2002

good point pride, but i am pretty sure we will get a decen BU RB in the offseason.

anyhow, i have absolutely no concern about rosenhaus vs. TD

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Pride
                    Unless we get a stud backup RB, we dont have the same luxury as the eagles did or packers did. Fact is.. our season rests on McGahee's knee right now. We do NOT have a backup RB that can go 4+ games and get us to the playoffs!
                    And the Eagles have a receiver that can do what Owens does for their offense? The Packers have someone that could duplicate or een proximate what Walker does? No and No, so the situation is no different.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

I heard Joe Theismann on a local radio show this morning- he said he liked the way teams were starting to stand up to Rosenhaus. I'm definitely not a fan of Theismann, but he made a few good points and said he thought Rosenhaus may be losing credibility. He said players like Owens make $7 million a season because they're supposed to play at a level that's worth it, and it never works the other way around: you don't hear owners going to players and demanding money back if they get injured or don't play up to standards.

Hopefully he's right- this Owens thing could bode well for the Bills and McGahee if the Eagles don't cave.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Stewie
                        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        He said players like Owens make $7 million a season because they're supposed to play at a level that's worth it, and it never works the other way around: you don't hear owners going to players and demanding money back if they get injured or don't play up to standards.
                        No, you don't hear them complain: they just cut the player.

Don't let your dislike of Rosenhaus cloud your instinct on Theismann. JT is a moron.
                        Originally posted by Topdog
                        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        I love Weiner.
                        Originally posted by mercyrule
                        also cheese

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

You can't lose what you've never had.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            If I were a GM I would place much less stock in Rosenhaus' clients threats to hold out in the future. TO caved, J. Walker caved, Edge caved. I don't quite understand how Rosenhaus got to be an elite agent. If I were a player I would be very wary to sign with him. The GM's won this round with Rosenlouss.
                            They had to this time..if a team doesn't have the money, they don't have it. What Rose was asking this time would mean cutting a lot of players from those teams. Right now with all the RB's available the ball was defintely in the team's court. TO, no way I would redo that contract, not with 10 mil in his pocket from the signing bonus, get real TO, you signed your contract, deal with it. It's not like you're left a lot of money on the table thoughtout the years, you're rich, unless you've spent all, that would be foolish.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                              They had to this time..if a team doesn't have the money, they don't have it. What Rose was asking this time would mean cutting a lot of players from those teams. Right now with all the RB's available the ball was defintely in the team's court. TO, no way I would redo that contract, not with 10 mil in his pocket from the signing bonus, get real TO, you signed your contract, deal with it. It's not like you're left a lot of money on the table thoughtout the years, you're rich, unless you've spent all, that would be foolish.
                              TO's situation is the most ludicrous of all, how do you ask to be an Eagle, sign a deal and accept a huge signing bonus and then ***** about it? Edge I can understand a little as he wants some long term security, TO already has that.

Comment

Working...
                              X