PDA

View Full Version : Goodenow quits with several years left on contract

Michael82
07-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Bob Goodenow is stepping down as head of the NHL Players Association, less than a week after the union and league approved a new labor deal to end a lockout that wiped out the entire 2004-05 season.

"With the conclusion of the negotiations and the ratification of the new agreement, the parties concur that this is an appropriate action for the future," Goodenow said in a statement Thursday.

"I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to serve the players over the past 15 years and to have had the support of a tremendous staff at the NHLPA," he said.

It is widely believed that the new labor deal, with its salary cap and linkage to league revenues, was not favored by Goodenow, who had several years left on his contract.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/story/8683928

Michael82
07-28-2005, 12:02 PM
:rofl: I knew he wouldn't stay. He really ****ed over his union. :snicker:

SkateZilla
07-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Good Riddance,

IM Throwing a Firggen Party Toooo Nite...

pyrrhonist
07-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Good Riddance

Indeed.

It was a foregone conclusion that Goodenow would fry for this. After passing up the deal that was better for the players (Before the season got cancelled), and taking a cap after swearing he'd never take it, Goodenow loses. All of that positive talk from guys like Peca & Linden the other day sure seem like BS, huh?

Now, what will Saskin be like?

Typ0
07-29-2005, 01:13 AM
he's lucky he's still breathing...

Myers57
08-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Did anybody deny that the players would lose before the lockout started?

pyrrhonist
08-01-2005, 07:06 PM

I doubt many did. However, what the players thought was the owners would cave, like they always have in the past. Boy, were they wrong. :bf1:

SkateZilla
08-02-2005, 04:35 AM

My Honest to god opinion is..

THe Players PLay in the League, they are NOT incharge of the league they play in it,

the terms of the leagues financial rules should be set by the league..

Players Are Workers, their job is to play hockey, the NHL is the big Boss, and the team owners are District Managers, and the Coach / GMs are Shift Managers.. Players are employees that collect the paycheck for working..

You dont apply for a job and later start telling the company how to run ****.