PDA

View Full Version : Steussie released

losman2evans
07-28-2005, 09:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2118489

are we interested?

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2005, 09:26 PM
The dude is 34, on the down side of his career. Is he hurt?

ParanoidAndroid
07-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Not interested. He's older and he's a right tackle. I'd bet he's way too slow to move to the right.

OpIv37
07-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Great player. Too old.

losman2evans
07-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Has olny missed one game in his career
Being let go for salary cap reasons.

He also plays LT

Verba better?

FlyingDutchman
07-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Whats Verbas deal? If he doesnt get what he wants is he going to just not play? Or will he settle and play for a team for cheap? The clock is ticking...A move has gotta be made by him soon right?

clumping platelets
07-29-2005, 03:30 AM
He can come here for the 1 yr vet min deal

indianabillsfan
07-29-2005, 06:04 AM
We are pretty weak as far as experienced depth at offensive tackle. I think bringing him in for the veteran minimum would be a good idea. If Williams or Gandy goes down, I think he would be a better alternative than McFarland or Peters right now. If nothing else he would be a good mentor for the young tackles.

Night Train
07-29-2005, 06:12 AM
He never payed well again after he was off the Roids. Does this sound like a guy the Bills would sign ?

Jan Reimers
07-29-2005, 06:28 AM
We are pretty weak as far as experienced depth at offensive tackle. I think bringing him in for the veteran minimum would be a good idea. If Williams or Gandy goes down, I think he would be a better alternative than McFarland or Peters right now. If nothing else he would be a good mentor for the young tackles.
I actually agree, although I'm not usually in favor of bringing in older, declining players. At the vet minimum, this guy could fill the Marcus Price role.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-29-2005, 08:10 AM
I might be interested in Steussie...I would like to have him work out for McNally and let him decide.

My personal choice for a veteran signing would be Price because he is familiar with the system and has a feel for the other guys.

I look at it this way...there is still a very good chance that we sign a LT. I think Donahoe is waiting for the right moment to pounce. If we were willing to go into the season with Henry's salary on our plate, why not a veteran Tackle which is an area of need? Now we might be approaching the right time to git er done.

indianabillsfan
07-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Is Marcus Price still a free agent ? If he is we need to sign him now. He was very valuable as an injury fill in for us. Is he injured or something ? Is he asking for Orlando Pace type money ? I doubt that. I wonder why a decent tackle who's not very old (30 maybe ?) and has starting experience isn't on a roster somewhere.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Is Marcus Price still a free agent ? If he is we need to sign him now. He was very valuable as an injury fill in for us. Is he injured or something ? Is he asking for Orlando Pace type money ? I doubt that. I wonder why a decent tackle who's not very old (30 maybe ?) and has starting experience isn't on a roster somewhere.
I think Price has a bad knee, perhaps a chronic condition at this point.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-29-2005, 08:28 AM
I think Price has a bad knee, perhaps a chronic condition at this point.

Jan,

I agree that there must me something going on there....but why have we heard absolutely nothing about it? Does anyone have a link to any information about Price?

Philisophical Troll
07-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Steussie rhymes with poosy....he'd fit in perfectly on this roster says a philisophical troll

ublinkwescore
07-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm trying really hard to not diginify that with a response.

OpIv37
07-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Steussie rhymes with poosy....he'd fit in perfectly on this roster says a philisophical troll

more sound analysis that relies heavily on facts and football knowledge rather than juvenile name-calling.

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2005, 05:42 PM
That is hilarious! :bf1:

X-Era
07-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Whats Verbas deal? If he doesnt get what he wants is he going to just not play? Or will he settle and play for a team for cheap? The clock is ticking...A move has gotta be made by him soon right?
exactly what he said. he wants what he thinks he worth, if he doesnt get it he will walk away and retire

THATHURMANATOR
07-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Forget about Stusiee he is a washed up never was...

LifetimeBillsFan
07-30-2005, 05:55 AM
Steussie might be a cheaper alternative to Verba, but he is older, he has been injured, and there are questions about his ability to stay healthy and play effectively without steroids.

I believe that the the Bills like what they have in Gandy and want to see how he and Peters will do once the hitting starts in camp. I don't think that they will bring in another veteran LT unless he comes cheap or Gandy falls on his face in TC or the preseason.

Here's what M.Mularkey had to say about Gandy:
"'I know there's been some criticism, which to me was totally out of line, especially when you don't watch the practices and the tempo," Mularkey said. "The tempo that we practice at is very fast and very physical, without pads on, and you're going against very good players - alternates to the Pro Bowl, using Gandy as an example. There would be no purpose in doing what we do if we weren't able to evaluate players. I don't know why we'd be here. … Obviously there is some question, but I've seen it. That was why we brought them in, both Bennie and Mike, because of what they did on the film that I watched and what the coaches watched.'"
(URL: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3275 )

In short, it seems to me that he is telling the rest of us that the coaches are seeing things from Gandy in practice that lead them to believe that he is a lot better than a lot of people think he is. And, that leads me to believe that they are not going to be in any hurry to bring anyone else into camp unless someone gets hurt or Gandy falls on his face once the pads go on.

BillsFever21
07-30-2005, 07:47 AM
Him and guys like Ty Law are probably just waiting till most of training camp is over before they sign with a team.