PDA

View Full Version : Avs drop Gratton

Makaveli
07-28-2005, 09:21 PM
I know he is no longer a Sabre so this news is KINDA irrelevant on this forum lol but I know that when he was a Sabre he was one of my favorites and I think he contributed a lot, even if it wasnt in points...

I was wondering what everyone else though of Chris Gratton and if you'd like if the Sabres picked him up again but for cheap... I'd love it if we did.

http://www.geocities.com/gatorw833/grat359.jpg

qcsabresfan84
07-28-2005, 09:33 PM
i guess he couldnt hurt the team as long as he came on cheap, but i wouldnt expect him to be any more than the third or fourth line center.

buffalofan19
07-28-2005, 11:26 PM
I liked Gratton alot when he was here. He wasn't the dominant force that he was supposed to be but he played hard every night and did know how to use his size. I say make a run at him and drop Taylor Pyatt. The guy isn't a bad two-way player either.

pyrrhonist
07-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Gratton is a mere pylon, and I don't want to see him back in Buffalo.

I will always remember him, though, and thank him for his biggest contribution to the Sabres:

He helped us rob the Coyotes of Briere! :bf1: :bf1:

(Sorry for being so crass!)

pyrrhonist
08-13-2005, 12:24 AM
There goes your dream, Makaveli.....Florida has signed your favorite pylon! :peace:

Panthers Sign Gratton (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=133298)

Makaveli
08-13-2005, 12:52 PM
lol Sabres are gunna let this "sign no one and use Amerk rookies" thing ride out :sigh:

Dozerdog
08-13-2005, 01:55 PM
I'd rather go with a new pylon than a retread pylon

don137
08-13-2005, 03:03 PM
lol Sabres are gunna let this "sign no one and use Amerk rookies" thing ride out :sigh:
If the Amerks couldn't make it to the Calder Cup finals this past season how do the Sabres expect the young guys to step up this season and lead them to the Stanley Cup? What am I missing? :idunno:

Makaveli
08-13-2005, 04:24 PM
If the Amerks couldn't make it to the Calder Cup finals this past season how do the Sabres expect the young guys to step up this season and lead them to the Stanley Cup? What am I missing? :idunno:

thats exactly why the Sabres are in a horrible position right now going into the 05-06 season

SkateZilla
08-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Gratton is a mere pylon, and I don't want to see him back in Buffalo.

I will always remember him, though, and thank him for his biggest contribution to the Sabres:

He helped us rob the Coyotes of Briere! :bf1: :bf1:

(Sorry for being so crass!)

Gratton Didnt mind scoring on us when we played in pheonix though..

BuffaloRanger
08-13-2005, 09:08 PM

HaHa. They don't expect anyone to lead them to the cup. They are in it to make money, the playoffs are secondary. Rookies are cheap. TG isn't a hockey fan. He's got no clue. He's a businessman that wants to see his team make money.

Dozerdog
08-13-2005, 09:39 PM
HaHa. They don't expect anyone to lead them to the cup. They are in it to make money, the playoffs are secondary. Rookies are cheap. TG isn't a hockey fan. He's got no clue. He's a businessman that wants to see his team make money.

Considering that home playoff gate receipts go straight to the bottom line (since the league pays the players in the playoffs) I would think that trying to build a playoff team is part of their financial goal.

Calgary, a team similar to Buffalo market and money wise- built their Stanley Cup finals team in 2003 from the ground up- a lot of no-name cheap players.
Took them a few seasons but they finally made it- and made a hefty profit last season.

The Rangers, Philly, Boston all pissed over $60 million or more into players and they fell on their faces....and lost a ton of $$$ in the process.

SkateZilla
08-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Considering that home playoff gate receipts go straight to the bottom line (since the league pays the players in the playoffs) I would think that trying to build a playoff team is part of their financial goal.

Calgary, a team similar to Buffalo market and money wise- built their Stanley Cup finals team in 2003 from the ground up- a lot of no-name cheap players.
Took them a few seasons but they finally made it- and made a hefty profit last season.

The Rangers, Philly, Boston all pissed over $60 million or more into players and they fell on their faces....and lost a ton of $$$ in the process.

and the Chorus Ends with .....
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen