Hey TD, Do you think Coach Williams did a good job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Hey TD, Do you think Coach Williams did a good job?

"I think Gregg did an excellent job and under the circumstances I think that some of the criticism he was taking was unfair and unwarranted. Our coaches in two years have not operated with a full roster. Next year we will. I'm anxious to see them coach and perform with a full complement of players."

• BillC
    The man in charge - Don't U forget it!
    • Jul 2002

You mean we played with half a deck?

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I love that quote! That means we're in for a BIG offseason!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
        • Jul 2002

I'd give him a B-. He came on at the end of the year!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

"I'm anxious to see them coach and perform with a full complement of players."

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

Several observances I noticed - The D did get considerably better as the year proceeded - Coy Wire and Kevin Smith in particular have definitely played with both heart and cunning lately. Coy Wire has shown flashes of being a probowler off and on, but more consistently so towards the end of the season. And as far as Kevin Smith goes - I heard his name more then Antoine Winfield's (I hope that's only because teams don't throw it within 10 yards of Winfield), but anyways he's quite the refreshing surprise. Peirson Preileao (I swear I used to know how to spell it) needs to be a little more consistent, but he's still young. We really are only a DT, a couple of LBs, and maybe a safety away from being a serious threat next year - I do think we should start seriously considering grooming Travis Brown to be our QB of the future now. He's shown flashes of brilliance as well.

Anyways, I'd say we keep Gregg Williams for one more year, and if we don't make the playoffs, then bye bye Gregg.

I do think we need to negotiate hard to try to keep Peerless Price because having two great recieving threats will be key to keeping this offense clicking. But we need a D to keep them from feeling the constant pressures of having to play perfect football week in and week out.
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

kevin smith?
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

I think he meant Kevin Thomas.

I think both Coy Wire and London Fletcher turned it up a notch or two as the season went on. Winfield and Clements have been solid. We have a nice foundation. Not a gut job like we were looking at this time last year.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  • Sep 2002

Yeah, that's what I meant Thomas Smith screwed me up.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    • Sep 2002

We should keep London Fletcher, but thank god we only signed Eddie Robinson to a one year deal. We've got some dead weight to cut loose this offseason. Next year we should be able to have second stringers on D that would be able to start on other football teams.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      • Sep 2002

Jay Riemersma needs to go.

Comment

• The Natrix
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                        I do think we should start seriously considering grooming Travis Brown to be our QB of the future now. He's shown flashes of brilliance as well.

I guess those two rolling rocks did a number on you

Byrd.

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

ublinkwescore, when have you seen Travis Brown play? From what I remember against Miami last year, he looked like a possible backup, but nothing that made me think of him being a starter. I don't think he got any snaps during the season or anything.
                          I missed the preseason though, did he look really good then?

Comment

• doug45
                            • Jul 2002

I give him a F. He may by a good second man but needs a lot more to be a head coach. We have a lot of good players on the team now but we need someone that can lead them and shape them, and it is not GW or his buddies. We need a man with more time as a head coach.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

He sucks...get rid of him...

...its taken him two years to get as good as Wade Phillips WORST season. We essentially wasted two years, and several thousand dollars on tickets, watching his innane decisions and horrid special teams.

Get a real coach with experience. Get Parcells. Get anybody, just get rid of this fool and his high scool assistants.

Comment

Working...
                              X