PDA

View Full Version : Break Sabres News

camelcowboy
07-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Satan, and Eric Boulton not qualified offers, affectively ending their careers with the sabres.

Michael82
07-30-2005, 01:58 PM
:shocked:

Bill Brasky
07-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Wow. They better hope they can get a big name/impact player in FA or I could see some people being pretty pissed.

pyrrhonist
07-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Wow. They better hope they can get a big name/impact player in FA or I could see some people being pretty pissed.

**Raises hand**

I hope there is a master plan to replace the goal scoring capability of Satan. I like Vanek and all, but he's a rookie.

Canadian'eh!
07-30-2005, 04:06 PM
I'll take Satan's Offense in Montreal.

buffalofan19
07-30-2005, 04:26 PM
**Raises hand**

I hope there is a master plan to replace the goal scoring capability of Satan. I like Vanek and all, but he's a rookie.
Agreed. I heard Howard Simon on WGR a couple of days ago say (at least I think it was in this context) that the Sabres can afford to let Satan go because they have Vanek now. I never heard him say something so dumb. It's not that I think that Vanek can't do well in this league, but the guy has yet to play an NHL game yet. You don't take your top scorer, occasionally poor work ethic or not, and replace him with a rookie who has barely been a pro for a year let alone an NHLer. I don't care if the Sabres had Sidney Crosby. I really hope they plan to sign someone who puts up just as good of numbers if not better, or else this team is screwed this year.

Don Cherry
07-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) -- On the same day as the NHL draft, the Buffalo Sabres released a list of restricted free agents that they have made qualifying offers to. Not on that list yet is forward Miroslav Satan, which could very well spell the end of Satan's career in Buffalo. The team has until Sunday to extend an offer.

Sabres GM Darcy Regier told WGR 550's Paul Hamilton that he has not yet spoken with Satan, but plans to do so by Sunday. Along with Satan, forward Eric Boulton has not received a qualifying offer.

Here is a list of restricted free agents that the Sabres HAVE made qualifying offers to:

Maxim Afinogenov
Daniel Briere
Marty Biron
Tim Connolly
JP Dumont
Mike Grier
Jochen Hecht
Ales Kotalik
Taylor Pyatt
Henrik Tallinder

http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=0988

Crisis
07-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Connolly? :ill:

Pyatt? :ill:

Everyone else I'm happy/OK with. Not exactly sure why Biron is back either...

SabreEleven
07-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Do you think with the new wide open rules it will suit Connolly's game more?

Philagape
07-30-2005, 10:53 PM
If the rules were changed so the Sabres could play 5-on-2, that would suit Connolly's game

chubluv
07-30-2005, 11:15 PM
If the rules were changed so the Sabres could play 5-on-2, that would suit Connolly's game

:lmao:

SkateZilla
07-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Good Riddance to Miro

camelcowboy
07-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Tim Connolly should thank god for the NHL new rules, and for shootouts. It saved him from being cut. The one thing Connolly can do is break aways. The NHL is trying to eliminate the tough guy aspect of hockey, giving pussy's like connolly a second chance in life.

I heard that Pyatt actually has alot of value in the NHL, His size he has speed, his work ethics blows, but alot of NHL teams wanted to trade for him.

They better get someone in freeagency

buffalofan19
07-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Not exactly sure why Biron is back either...

Umm...did you watch the Sabres in 2003-2004? Granted he had a bad first half, but he was one of the main reasons that the Sabres got back into playoff contention. Both Noronen and Biron were inconsistent, but Biron's high point way outdid Noronen's. That's why Biron is back.

Bill Brasky
07-31-2005, 09:37 AM
It's not that I think that Vanek can't do well in this league, but the guy has yet to play an NHL game yet. You don't take your top scorer, occasionally poor work ethic or not, and replace him with a rookie who has barely been a pro for a year let alone an NHLer.
Wierd. the bills did that with Losman and nobody seemed to care :snicker:

Why is it that some people hate Satan enough that they don't care he's leaving?

SkateZilla
07-31-2005, 11:40 AM
Biron Noronen, or Miller, 1 will goto Rochester,

as per Satan, good riddance...

Boulton is A Bye Bye As Well, we dont need him when Peters Fights When He Should and not when he shouldnt, we also have brad brown, boulton dont fit in here no more..

buffalofan19
08-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Biron Noronen, or Miller, 1 will goto Rochester,

as per Satan, good riddance...

Boulton is A Bye Bye As Well, we dont need him when Peters Fights When He Should and not when he shouldnt, we also have brad brown, boulton dont fit in here no more..
I don't think Biron can go to Rochester without clearing waivers first (which he wouldn't). I'm not too sure but Noronen would be in the same boat. I can't see the Sabres keeping Miller down there for another year, so either Biron or Noronen gets traded. I hope its Noronen. He probably has better trade value because he is younger and also, though both Biron and Noronen has shown inconsistency, Biron's high point is much higher than Noronen's.

pyrrhonist
08-01-2005, 11:52 PM
I believe Ryan is the only goalie who can be demoted without having to clear waivers.

As far as the hate for Satan....I don't know if some of these people here were actually following the Sabres the entire time he was here. He has been, more often than not, the most exciting and capable player this team had. It wasn't until the past few years where he really got inconsistent. Of course, when you're forced to play in a defense first system, how could you be an explosive player?

If he had been on a team like the Avs or Wings for the past few season, you could probably bet he'd be hitting 30 goals + a season.

SkateZilla
08-02-2005, 04:27 AM
I believe Ryan is the only goalie who can be demoted without having to clear waivers.

As far as the hate for Satan....I don't know if some of these people here were actually following the Sabres the entire time he was here. He has been, more often than not, the most exciting and capable player this team had. It wasn't until the past few years where he really got inconsistent. Of course, when you're forced to play in a defense first system, how could you be an explosive player?

If he had been on a team like the Avs or Wings for the past few season, you could probably bet he'd be hitting 30 goals + a season.

lmao,

Lindy Ruff 101,

If you have all the talent in the Front Line, and a Young Inexperienced Defense, then PLay Defense First..

pyrrhonist
08-02-2005, 08:14 PM
If you have all the talent in the Front Line, and a Young Inexperienced Defense, then PLay Defense First..

My point exactly.

That being said, that still doesn't explain why many (Yourself included, Skate) have such hate for Miro. He did plenty of good for the franchise.

Typ0
08-02-2005, 08:42 PM
I don't think being apathetic about his leaving amounts to hatred...I just won't miss him.

Turf
08-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Watch Satan net 45+ goals this year. Ruff killed every offensive player (Sanderson) who ever came to this team.
Now we have the new offensive NHL, and we're letting fast defenseman and goal scorers leave.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-02-2005, 11:04 PM
I don't hate the guy, I just hated his work ethic on some nights he didn't show up to play every night and NO it's not Lindy Ruff's fault either!

Don Cherry
08-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Watch Satan net 45+ goals this year. Ruff killed every offensive player (Sanderson) who ever came to this team.
Now we have the new offensive NHL, and we're letting fast defenseman and goal scorers leave.
:rofl: Sanderson?

The early 1990's Whaler's Sanderson or the scrub that has bounced around between Columbus and Vancouver Sanderson?

qcsabresfan84
08-03-2005, 02:03 AM
sanderson did pretty well for the first couple years he was in colombus. i think he had a couple of thirty goal seasons there. i really liked his tenure in buffalo. he skated hard every night.