PDA

View Full Version : CAROLINA TRADES O'NEILL...

SABURZFAN
07-30-2005, 04:55 PM
to the Maple Leafs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-hurricanes-mapleleafstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

camelcowboy
07-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Is there a reason why we couldn't trade for this guy. Is it just me i thought toronto should be one of the teams over the cap. What the hell, or does there roster count half because of canadian currency.

junglekyle
08-01-2005, 02:03 AM
Go Leafs! No, I don't think that Canadian currency means anything, I would've read something about that by now. I like Toronto bringing in O'Neil, gives us a better chance of re-signing Gary Roberts.

SabreEleven
08-01-2005, 03:20 AM
Go Leafs! No, I don't think that Canadian currency means anything, I would've read something about that by now. I like Toronto bringing in O'Neil, gives us a better chance of re-signing Gary Roberts.
What is this "us" ****. This is a Sabres board.

SABURZFAN
08-01-2005, 09:36 AM

i don't mind having other team fans in here.even Maple Leafs fans.there's plenty of room on here to resume with the 107 Mile War. :up:

BillsRockSOMUCH
08-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Is there a reason why we couldn't trade for this guy. Is it just me i thought toronto should be one of the teams over the cap. What the hell, or does there roster count half because of canadian currency. The Leafs are kinda pressed for cap but they have some room. They also signed him to 2 years for 3 mil. 1.5 mil a year is a very good deal.

junglekyle
08-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Well when you root for a team your entire life words like that come naturally.

Forum Description:

Talk about your Buffalo Sabres and the NHL here!

I believe my Leafs would fall under "the NHL", making this not an entirely Sabres forum.:hockey:

The_Philster
08-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah...but other teams are second-rate in here :up:

pyrrhonist
08-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Wasn't there more to this deal?

O'Neill had just lost his brother in a horrible accident, and he had been making it public he wanted to play in Toronto.