PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams not practicing

Tatonka
07-31-2005, 04:30 PM
just got a Vcoach message that says that mcfarland is working with the first team offense.. wtf?

ublinkwescore
07-31-2005, 04:31 PM
Injury?

TypicalBill
07-31-2005, 04:36 PM
hurt his hamstring yesterday , he's day to day.

juice
07-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Cramped up running sprints at the end of practice Sat.. the reports said it wasn't anything to worry about.

WTF is he running sprints for anyway, It'll be just our luck that he pulls a Hammy or something worse and have to miss Camp and practice time.

Michael82
07-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Cramped up running sprints at the end of practice Sat.. the reports said it wasn't anything to worry about.

WTF is he running sprints for anyway, It'll be just our luck that he pulls a Hammy or something worse and have to miss Camp and practice time.
Something tells me that they won't have him running sprints anymore. :doh:

:mad:

Jan Reimers
07-31-2005, 06:07 PM
This IS training camp, where guys have to run and do other physical things that just might cause injuries.

juice
07-31-2005, 06:19 PM
This IS training camp, where guys have to run and do other physical things that just might cause injuries.Is the risk worth the reward Jan.. where will this already suspect line be if MW has to deal with a Hammy going into the regular season.

It already looks as if Teague might have to move to LT, do you think McFarland can replace Big Mike and give JPL the time he needs early in the season to learn the offense.. If we don't have MW in the starting lineup 100% healthy wk 1 then I could see the Bills and Phins competing for 3rd and 4th in the AFC-E.. and JPL running for his life.

The Spaz
07-31-2005, 06:25 PM
Mike Williams needs a smuch condioting as anyone if he took care of himself better he wouldn't be running sprints.

Jan Reimers
07-31-2005, 06:41 PM
Mike Williams needs a smuch condioting as anyone if he took care of himself better he wouldn't be running sprints.
Thank you.

Michael82
07-31-2005, 06:42 PM
I disagree. The guy looked really good out there. He's leaner and has added some muscles and got rid of the gut. I was very impressed when I saw him yesterday. :up:

Dozerdog
07-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Why not let the primary backups play with the starters?

I think MW is a lock for his spot....give the kids some time

Jan Reimers
07-31-2005, 06:47 PM
Is the risk worth the reward Jan.. where will this already suspect line be if MW has to deal with a Hammy going into the regular season.

It already looks as if Teague might have to move to LT, do you think McFarland can replace Big Mike and give JPL the time he needs early in the season to learn the offense.. If we don't have MW in the starting lineup 100% healthy wk 1 then I could see the Bills and Phins competing for 3rd and 4th in the AFC-E.. and JPL running for his life.
If a guy can't run because he might hurt himself, why have camp at all? Let's just have the guys sit in bars or restaurants or movie theaters where they will be relatively safe from physical harm, and bring them out on September 11.

mysticsoto
07-31-2005, 06:50 PM
I agree. And one of the best ways for someone to increase their stamina is to run some sprints. What it probably means, if he hurt his hamstring is that he didn't stretch out enough beforehand if any. Stretching is very important before you engage in these activities!

juice
07-31-2005, 07:05 PM
If a guy can't run because he might hurt himself, why have camp at all? Let's just have the guys sit in bars or restaurants or movie theaters where they will be relatively safe from physical harm, and bring them out on September 11.A 370 Lb linemen pulling a hammy running windsprints on the 1st day of camp makes little sense, MW has the entire camp to get into preseason shape.. what's the rush?

It's times like this when you miss the experience of a Rusty Jones and his conditioning program which stressed flexability.. MW being day-to-day means he will miss valuable reps and time to gel. There is such a thing as being too intense this early into Camp.

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2005, 08:08 PM
Isn't this a tad bit early to be in a panic over an injury that is quite likely very minor?

Let McFarland get some work. He looked good last year in pre-season. Maybe he will impress. He is, imo, a dark horse at LT.

wchutalkinboutwillis
07-31-2005, 08:16 PM
MW needs to get his fat ass in shape and keep it there. I still think he'll elevate himself to another level this year but this hammy problem is happening at the wrong time to the wrong guy. Let's not even think about revisiting where Big Mike was last year at this time. I'm sure Mouse and Mularkey are aware of the coincidence.
Plain and simple: MW needs as much motivation as he does calories. Windsprints are justified because he's at a crossroads. Make the right turn Mike.

juice
08-01-2005, 04:50 AM
Isn't this a tad bit early to be in a panic over an injury that is quite likely very minor?

Let McFarland get some work. He looked good last year in pre-season. Maybe he will impress. He is, imo, a dark horse at LT.The Line needs to play as a unit early in camp so they can have a chance to Gel.. becoming a cohesive unit is more important that working on "Stamina" on day 1 of Camp.

MW needs to get his fat ass in shape and keep it there. I still think he'll elevate himself to another level this year but this hammy problem is happening at the wrong time to the wrong guy. Let's not even think about revisiting where Big Mike was last year at this time. I'm sure Mouse and Mularkey are aware of the coincidence.
Plain and simple: MW needs as much motivation as he does calories. Windsprints are justified because he's at a crossroads. Make the right turn Mike.MW came into Camp in the best shape of his short career, why does he need to run Windsprints this early into camp.. And it doesn't sound like being day-to-day is helping his conditioning effort.

Troll Master
08-01-2005, 11:10 AM
mike williams no good. he should be cut in favor of younger free agents who want to make team

Dr. Lecter
08-01-2005, 11:19 AM
The Line needs to play as a unit early in camp so they can have a chance to Gel.. becoming a cohesive unit is more important that working on "Stamina" on day 1 of Camp.

MW came into Camp in the best shape of his short career, why does he need to run Windsprints this early into camp.. And it doesn't sound like being day-to-day is helping his conditioning effort.
No, early in camp is when all players undergo the most conditioning.

He is already back practicing on a limited basis. The point is that he likely won't miss much time at all.

This is really a non-issue.