X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Mike Williams not practicing

just got a Vcoach message that says that mcfarland is working with the first team offense.. wtf?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: Mike Williams not practicing

Injury?
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• TypicalBill
      • Sep 2002

hurt his hamstring yesterday , he's day to day.
      For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Cramped up running sprints at the end of practice Sat.. the reports said it wasn't anything to worry about.

WTF is he running sprints for anyway, It'll be just our luck that he pulls a Hammy or something worse and have to miss Camp and practice time.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
          Cramped up running sprints at the end of practice Sat.. the reports said it wasn't anything to worry about.

WTF is he running sprints for anyway, It'll be just our luck that he pulls a Hammy or something worse and have to miss Camp and practice time.
          Something tells me that they won't have him running sprints anymore.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

This IS training camp, where guys have to run and do other physical things that just might cause injuries.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              This IS training camp, where guys have to run and do other physical things that just might cause injuries.
              Is the risk worth the reward Jan.. where will this already suspect line be if MW has to deal with a Hammy going into the regular season.

It already looks as if Teague might have to move to LT, do you think McFarland can replace Big Mike and give JPL the time he needs early in the season to learn the offense.. If we don't have MW in the starting lineup 100% healthy wk 1 then I could see the Bills and Phins competing for 3rd and 4th in the AFC-E.. and JPL running for his life.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Mike Williams needs a smuch condioting as anyone if he took care of himself better he wouldn't be running sprints.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  Mike Williams needs a smuch condioting as anyone if he took care of himself better he wouldn't be running sprints.
                  Thank you.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                    I disagree. The guy looked really good out there. He's leaner and has added some muscles and got rid of the gut. I was very impressed when I saw him yesterday.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Why not let the primary backups play with the starters?

I think MW is a lock for his spot....give the kids some time

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by juice
                        Is the risk worth the reward Jan.. where will this already suspect line be if MW has to deal with a Hammy going into the regular season.

It already looks as if Teague might have to move to LT, do you think McFarland can replace Big Mike and give JPL the time he needs early in the season to learn the offense.. If we don't have MW in the starting lineup 100% healthy wk 1 then I could see the Bills and Phins competing for 3rd and 4th in the AFC-E.. and JPL running for his life.
                        If a guy can't run because he might hurt himself, why have camp at all? Let's just have the guys sit in bars or restaurants or movie theaters where they will be relatively safe from physical harm, and bring them out on September 11.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

I agree. And one of the best ways for someone to increase their stamina is to run some sprints. What it probably means, if he hurt his hamstring is that he didn't stretch out enough beforehand if any. Stretching is very important before you engage in these activities!

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            If a guy can't run because he might hurt himself, why have camp at all? Let's just have the guys sit in bars or restaurants or movie theaters where they will be relatively safe from physical harm, and bring them out on September 11.
                            A 370 Lb linemen pulling a hammy running windsprints on the 1st day of camp makes little sense, MW has the entire camp to get into preseason shape.. what's the rush?

It's times like this when you miss the experience of a Rusty Jones and his conditioning program which stressed flexability.. MW being day-to-day means he will miss valuable reps and time to gel. There is such a thing as being too intense this early into Camp.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Isn't this a tad bit early to be in a panic over an injury that is quite likely very minor?

Let McFarland get some work. He looked good last year in pre-season. Maybe he will impress. He is, imo, a dark horse at LT.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X