PDA

View Full Version : RUFF AND REGIER AX THREAD

SABURZFAN
07-31-2005, 06:16 PM
i hear the cat calls already.who wants them gone?do you want ruff gone?regier gone?or both?

discuss.......

Dozerdog
07-31-2005, 06:24 PM
I want to see what they can do when they aren't handcuffed by a crook owner.

SABURZFAN
07-31-2005, 06:31 PM
people seem to forget that.the cap kinda evens things out a bit too.kinda hard to do anything when you're spending half of what the Rangers were doing.even then,they still couldn't make the playoffs either.

Typ0
07-31-2005, 06:48 PM
I'm sick of Ruff...the team always sucks for the first six weeks...and when they aren't that good it's too big of a hole to dig themselves out of. I'd love to see ruff sent packing.

Bill Brasky
07-31-2005, 07:37 PM
I don't know why some of you want him gone just yet. He got us to a Stanley Cup Finals and was a bad call away from bringing this city it's first sporting title. That puts him in the same class as Marv Levy IMO among Buffalo sports legends. He hasn't exactly had top talent to work with since 2000 and he had to endure the Rigas thing, the team almost relocating, and a lockout, and he stuck it out and gave us a few glimmers of hope by the team making runs to almost reach the playoffs, all with half the money and half talent of other teams.

I think he still deserves a shot at coaching here... the next few seasons will determine his long-term fate though. Now with an "evened" playing field and loads of young talent, if the Sabres don't start going to the playoffs and winning a round or two then he's going to be gone.

Uncle Jesse
07-31-2005, 10:14 PM
That puts him in the same class as Marv Levy IMO among Buffalo sports legends.

Wow, what are you talking about? Not even close man.

SABuffalo786
07-31-2005, 10:31 PM
He got us to a Stanley Cup Finals and was a bad call away from bringing this city it's first sporting title.

Dear jfreeman,

We need to talk.

Sincerely,

Dominik Hasek

Turf
07-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Ted Nolan once said, one day they want to name the bridge after you, the next day they want to throw you off it.
Ruff is obviously here for another year. But given that he is one of the longest tenured coaches in the league, WHY, I have no idea, he'll get another chance.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-01-2005, 12:01 AM
Give Lindy a chance!!! before jumping to conclusions lets just see what coaching ideas he comes up with in this new NHL they maybe pretty good. Also Golisano & Quinn have given Darcy permission to go out and make trades and sign FA's something that he didn't have permission to do under the crooks the Rigas's :hockey: :goodpost:

Bill Brasky
08-01-2005, 02:12 AM
Wow, what are you talking about? Not even close man.
What coaches have taken Buffalo franchises to title games?

Levy, Saban, Smith, and Ruff.

Give the guy some credit and a chance to coach a decent roster before you bash him.

SABURZFAN
08-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm sick of Ruff...the team always sucks for the first six weeks...and when they aren't that good it's too big of a hole to dig themselves out of. I'd love to see ruff sent packing.

that's right.....

get angry about it Typ0. :mad:

chubluv
08-01-2005, 03:51 PM
With a new system in place you give Ruff a chance and see what they can do. I'm already not to sure what the hell Darcy is doing though with not signing Satan. With all the changes in place you would think Satan would be a great asset to your team.

pyrrhonist
08-01-2005, 07:11 PM
The #1 motto in sports:

"What have you done for me lately"?

I agree time and time again with the "crooked owner" side. We need to see what this team can do with a level playing field, and not strapped with the BS Rigass left us with. If the Sabres continue to play cheapasses even after the new CBA, then we have issues.

I am also concerned with the whole Satan thing. If they had at least stated they were going to let him test the waters, but they intended to try and bring him back for a reduced price, I might feel better about it. But I'm already getting that "Oh no, not again" feeling from the Front Office. :down:

Turf
08-01-2005, 10:16 PM
With the salary cap, each team should be able to afford one marque player? Is ours Drury? 3.2 Mil? Is that it?

Don Cherry
08-01-2005, 10:23 PM
:rofl: How old is free agency? 12 hours?

When the league's 50 goal scorers are going to struggle to get 6 million, is a 25 goal scorer worth 4 million?

SABURZFAN
08-01-2005, 10:51 PM
:rofl: How old is free agency? 12 hours?

When the league's 50 goal scorers are going to struggle to get 6 million, is a 25 goal scorer worth 4 million?

no

SkateZilla
08-02-2005, 04:31 AM
Dump Ruff,

Defense First with A Young Defensive Unit is just plain idiotic.... Britney spears can coach better.

Typ0
08-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Give Lindy a chance!!! before jumping to conclusions lets just see what coaching ideas he comes up with in this new NHL they maybe pretty good. Also Golisano & Quinn have given Darcy permission to go out and make trades and sign FA's something that he didn't have permission to do under the crooks the Rigas's :hockey: :goodpost:

how many chances does he have to have before you are happy? I'll tell you right now...there isn't one team in the league going to have the all star roster it would take to make ruff look good.

Typ0
08-02-2005, 04:43 PM
With a new system in place you give Ruff a chance and see what they can do. I'm already not to sure what the hell Darcy is doing though with not signing Satan. With all the changes in place you would think Satan would be a great asset to your team.

Satan is an asset on his good days...the rest he's a liability. He probably won't even be in the NHL this season because a lot of spoiled "players" are going to be driven out at least temporarily. Let him go home and laze around and make $$$ because he can play when he wants too.

SABURZFAN
05-13-2006, 10:32 PM
anybody else got anything to add? :couch:

YardRat
05-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Priceless :D

Michael82
05-14-2006, 09:45 AM
:lmao:

Turf
05-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Ted Nolan once said, one day they want to name the bridge after you, the next day they want to throw you off it.
Ruff is obviously here for another year. But given that he is one of the longest tenured coaches in the league, WHY, I have no idea, he'll get another chance.

I'll have a little ketchup with my crow, thank you......

chubluv
05-14-2006, 10:31 AM
I guess I was right about Ruff. wrong about Regiere & Satan.

PUCKER
05-14-2006, 11:42 PM

Yeah. Start :bow::zapper:

:snicker:

SABURZFAN
06-23-2006, 05:46 PM
LAST CALL!!!!!!!!!!!! :snicker:

hammerbillsfan
06-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Ha, nice one SABURZ lol.

Gmcc24
06-23-2006, 09:17 PM
About Ruff, I can't see how anyone could want to see him gone. He isn't the currently the longest tenured coach in the NHL for no reason. Yes, until this past season....the last time we made the playoffs was 2001 but after that season key players left. I guess you can call it a "rebuilding" stage. After a season like this, there's no way you could fire him....not in the beginning stages of something that could be so amazing. If the Sabres completely **** up next year (I doubt that'll happen), then maybe....but even then i'd still be unsure.

Regier.....i'm on the fence about. Honestly, if he ****s up this offseason in terms of free agency and signing players that we have already that we should sign back....then I'd say fire him. I'm suprised he hasn't been fired because of past seasons, but I don't think he has done bad as late...except this past trading deadline and not getting a defenseman. I'd say it'll depend on this offseason and the trade deadline (depending where the sabres are in the standings).

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Bump for SAB!

SABURZFAN
10-22-2006, 12:32 AM
those were some dark and uncertain days back then.