PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Satan

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-31-2005, 07:19 PM
The future of the Buffalo Sabres looks bright, but star-forward Miroslav Satan will not be included in that vision. Satan's tenure with the Sabres ended Sunday when general manager, Darcy Regier announced the team has decided not to extend a qualifying offer to the left wing by the 5:00 PM deadline on July 31, making him an unrestricted free agent when the free agent signing period begins Monday at Noon ET.
http://www.sabres.com/newsarchive.cfm?id=61

SkateZilla
07-31-2005, 11:26 PM
you realize we can still sign him from free agency....

unrestricted free agent just means he can seek other options with other teams...

good riddance to him and boulton..

shoulda kept Zhitnik thoughh

buffalofan19
08-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Zhitnik is a UFA and wanted to test the market. The Sabres offered him a 4 year deal before the lockout and he refused because he wanted to see what he was really worth. Not much the Sabres could do.

And as far as Satan goes, I don't care how streaky he is, he is your top scorer. Letting him go without signing someone who can at least match his numbers is a big mistake. And no, Vanek does not cut it either... at least not yet.

SkateZilla
08-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Zhitnik is a UFA and wanted to test the market. The Sabres offered him a 4 year deal before the lockout and he refused because he wanted to see what he was really worth. Not much the Sabres could do.

And as far as Satan goes, I don't care how streaky he is, he is your top scorer. Letting him go without signing someone who can at least match his numbers is a big mistake. And no, Vanek does not cut it either... at least not yet.

D-A-N-I-E-L
B-R-I-E-R-E

buffalofan19
08-01-2005, 12:54 PM
D-A-N-I-E-L
B-R-I-E-R-E
He can't do it by himself. Personally, I'd rather have both. Not to mention the fact, that those two allow the Sabres to have two decent scoring lines and not just one.

junglekyle
08-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Haha I remember I was watching the All-Star game one year and when they were introducing the players they showed the players' faces before they came out, and it said "SATAN" on the bottom and had Miroslav giving a really evil looking face.

SkateZilla
08-02-2005, 04:32 AM
Haha I remember I was watching the All-Star game one year and when they were introducing the players they showed the players' faces before they came out, and it said "SATAN" on the bottom and had Miroslav giving a really evil looking face.

i cant wear my SATAN Jersey out in public, too many old people sit and stare, and tell me i need to goto more church..