PDA

View Full Version : Pats and Fish out? Perfect!

Mad Bomber
12-29-2002, 10:31 PM
I've been a Bills fan since the 60s, so my two least favorite teams are:
1. The pats (see avatar for details)
2. The fish (no explanation needed)

I live in the NYC area, and follow the Jets, since they are the team I get to see on TV every week and I HATE the Giants (SuperBowl XXV).

Is anybody else as happy as I am that the pats and fish both missed the playoffs?

And the Browns made it! That team made me some money in the company pool! WOOOOHOOOO!

Novacane
12-29-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Mad Bomber

Is anybody else as happy as I am that the pats and fish both missed the playoffs?

Made my Day!:bigwave:

Buffarama
12-29-2002, 10:40 PM
Well the refs tried their best again to give it to the Pats with that bogus pass interference call. They did give it to them, but they still got knocked out even though they won.
AFC east everyone 9-7, 8-8. One game here or there and we're in.

Cntrygal
12-29-2002, 10:40 PM
Woooohoooooo!!!!!!!

Buffarama
12-29-2002, 10:42 PM
Let's not forget the 7 seconds that mysteriously appeared on the clock, and had to be knocked down to 4, which should have been 3 anyways. The NFL needs to look into this reoccuring trend.

Novacane
12-29-2002, 10:50 PM
I was at the Bills game so I missed it. What is the 7 second thing you are talking about Buff? On the highlights it looked like you could almost make the arguement that the winning FG was over the upright.

Cntrygal
12-29-2002, 11:05 PM
They never showed a replay from the opposite direction either.... from the view I seen I thought it was out... but all the NE players/fans were estatic and Miami players/fans weren't......

Ingtar33
12-29-2002, 11:34 PM
Well I got my Christmas present... I wished for a postseason with the Fins and Pats sitting home and watching... and got it!

Hmmm, Ricky sure was the difference maker wasn't he? I've never seen a team make so little use of a 100+ yard rusher. Come on Miami! If your RB gets 120y in the first half you should win the game! God, I guess the best part about all this is that not only will the Fins end up giving up another 1st rounder for Ricky, but they will have 2 less wins to show for it :) Furthermore, Ricky's sweetheart cap friendly deal just got cap unfriendly as its base salary is tied directly to his performance... I need someone to tell me if this is right, but as I understand Ricky’s contract he will be an additional 3 or 4 mil cap hit next year LOL!

* Due to escalators triggered with his 1800y rushing, 2000y total, Pro Bowl appearance, and winning the rushing crown.

clumping platelets
12-30-2002, 05:50 AM
USA Today reported on Friday that RW's base for 2003 increases by $4.25 million. HOWEVER, his base for 2004 is also the same as 2003 and can increase based upon his incentives in 2003....LOL

RW's cap number in 2003 has gone from $375,000 to $4.625 million. It could also impact NLTBE for 2003 which would result in a lower cap for them. The "reported" cap was $71.101 million for each team, however, based upon incentive clauses in various player contracts, Miami's had a "debit" of $2.633 million, thus their actual cap was $68.468 million. It's likely Miami will have another similar cap adjustment in 2003 :chuckle:

SABURZFAN
12-30-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Buffarama
Well the refs tried their best again to give it to the Pats with that bogus pass interference call. They did give it to them, but they still got knocked out even though they won.
AFC east everyone 9-7, 8-8. One game here or there and we're in.

i thought for sure that the refs would call offensive interference.fletcher had his head turned back towards the ball.i laughed my @$$ off when they called it against the FISH.since we didn't make the playoffs,i was hoping that things would go the way they did.by the way,has anyone heard from wheat toast??he sounded so sure that the FISH would be in the playoffs.

SABURZFAN
12-30-2002, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
USA Today reported on Friday that RW's base for 2003 increases by $4.25 million. HOWEVER, his base for 2004 is also the same as 2003 and can increase based upon his incentives in 2003....LOL

RW's cap number in 2003 has gone from $375,000 to $4.625 million. It could also impact NLTBE for 2003 which would result in a lower cap for them. The "reported" cap was $71.101 million for each team, however, based upon incentive clauses in various player contracts, Miami's had a "debit" of $2.633 million, thus their actual cap was $68.468 million. It's likely Miami will have another similar cap adjustment in 2003 :chuckle:

:rofl: that's just TOOOOOO bad.

clumping platelets
12-30-2002, 07:15 AM
Doesn't it jes' break yer heart?................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:chuckle:

itsandthings
12-30-2002, 07:19 AM
Miami is likely to re-do Ricky's deal and pay him a sizeable bonus which can be amortized over the length of the new deal in order to alleviate his cap impact in 2003.

clumping platelets
12-30-2002, 07:33 AM
they re-did his deal near the end of training camp......I wonder if they can restructure the deal again so soon :huh:

TedMock
12-30-2002, 08:16 AM
I love it! Miami did it again......cough, gag, hack.......I'm sorry, are you choking? Having them on the sofa next to us really helped ease my pain about missing the post season.

Akhippo
12-30-2002, 12:11 PM
A weekend couldnt go so perfect. Bills win and the Phins and Pats get knocked out. The way they went out was classic also. Choking in the last 5 minutes.

RedEyE
12-31-2002, 07:38 PM
I was out early in the week and really wanted to respond to this post.

Miami and NE :rofl:

iceblizzard69
12-31-2002, 08:45 PM
We choked, but the pass interference on Fletcher was bull****. As for the time adjustment, it was 3 seconds, but then changed to 7, however they changed it back to 4 or 5, which was right. They called timeout with 4 or 5 seconds left (don't remember the exact) and thats what it ended up with. However, it is hard to believe that the Patriots don't pay the refs with all the calls they get. I haven't heard a fan of any team thinking that the pass interference on Fletcher was a good call.

RedEyE
12-31-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
We choked, but the pass interference on Fletcher was bull****. As for the time adjustment, it was 3 seconds, but then changed to 7, however they changed it back to 4 or 5, which was right. They called timeout with 4 or 5 seconds left (don't remember the exact) and thats what it ended up with. However, it is hard to believe that the Patriots don't pay the refs with all the calls they get. I haven't heard a fan of any team thinking that the pass interference on Fletcher was a good call.

I saw that and completely agree with you. You should know by now that the Patsies have "special" officials.

Halbert
01-01-2003, 12:00 AM
You people are missing one detail on the "perfect" outcome issue:

The JETS won the division.

HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets.

The Al Toon, Freeman McNeil, Keyshawn Johnson, Jumbo Elliot, Bill Parcells, Ken O'Brien, Mo Lewis, Wesley Walker, and most of all, Mark Gasteneau led Jets.

WE HATE THEM!

lol.

"Perfect" would be all three of those losers sitting at home because WE won our last game and knocked THEM all out.

Picking between leaving the Fish, Patsies, and Jets is like picking between Hitler, The Green Goblin, and the Borg Queen as Earth's Emporer.

All those late-season Jet failures have come home to roost this season.

Green blooded bastards ...

Cntrygal
01-01-2003, 09:49 AM
I only agree with one thing Halbert... that I would have rather won than any of the other teams. But as of game time... we were out and those 3 had the chance. Soooo IMO Thank God the Jets could knock them out!!!!! I'd much rather see the Jets in and the fish/pats at home than any other combo (of THOSE 3 teams).

mybills
01-01-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
I only agree with one thing Halbert... that I would have rather won than any of the other teams. But as of game time... we were out and those 3 had the chance. Soooo IMO Thank God the Jets could knock them out!!!!! I'd much rather see the Jets in and the fish/pats at home than any other combo (of THOSE 3 teams).

Ditto! :up:

iceblizzard69
01-01-2003, 05:23 PM
The worst part of it was that the Jets won the division. For me, it really sucks that it wasn't the Fins winning, but the Jets winning it just makes it a little worse then if it were the Bills or Pats. Living in New York and having that streak (which finally ended) makes me hate the Jets more then any other football team.

German
01-01-2003, 06:30 PM
That the Jets won the division doesn't bother me at all. Actually I was rooting for them during the game.

Miami and the Pats out: I laughed so hard I almost chocked.:clap: :fabulous: :clap:

mybills
01-01-2003, 07:28 PM
By NE getting knocked out, I won REAL bucks. Thanks Jets! :D
I should have bet on Miami getting knocked out too! :wail:

The_Philster
01-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by German
That the Jets won the division doesn't bother me at all. Actually I was rooting for them during the game.

Miami and the Pats out: I laughed so hard I almost chocked.:clap: :fabulous: :clap:

You go somewhere after the game to watch the Jets-Pack game? Ally, Mikey and I went over to Danny's..saw the 1st half.

German
01-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Phil,

yeah, me, my wife and my kid were invited to a goodbye turkey dinner before we went home (to SC) the next day.

Needless to say that the turkey got cold!

It was fun meeting y'all at the game!!!

The_Philster
01-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Likewise, German...hopefully you can make it up for a few more next year...that are home games ;)

German
01-01-2003, 07:57 PM
We're already making plans to come up for the Miami game.
Are you guys always hanging out at the same spot?
If so I'll bring some german beer next time.:cheers:

The_Philster
01-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Always the same spot. But keep an eye out closer to the game cause who knows when the BFZ tailgates will be.