• Show
Clear All
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Pats and Fish out? Perfect!

I've been a Bills fan since the 60s, so my two least favorite teams are:
    1. The pats (see avatar for details)
    2. The fish (no explanation needed)

I live in the NYC area, and follow the Jets, since they are the team I get to see on TV every week and I HATE the Giants (SuperBowl XXV).

Is anybody else as happy as I am that the pats and fish both missed the playoffs?

And the Browns made it! That team made me some money in the company pool! WOOOOHOOOO!
  • BledsoeTOreedfor6
    • Jul 2002

Re: Pats and Fish out? Perfect!

Originally posted by Mad Bomber

Is anybody else as happy as I am that the pats and fish both missed the playoffs?

Made my Day!

Comment

• Buffarama
      Football-Sport of the Gods
      • Jul 2002

Well the refs tried their best again to give it to the Pats with that bogus pass interference call. They did give it to them, but they still got knocked out even though they won.
      AFC east everyone 9-7, 8-8. One game here or there and we're in.

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

Woooohoooooo!!!!!!!
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Buffarama
          Football-Sport of the Gods
          • Jul 2002

Let's not forget the 7 seconds that mysteriously appeared on the clock, and had to be knocked down to 4, which should have been 3 anyways. The NFL needs to look into this reoccuring trend.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
            • Jul 2002

I was at the Bills game so I missed it. What is the 7 second thing you are talking about Buff? On the highlights it looked like you could almost make the arguement that the winning FG was over the upright.

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

They never showed a replay from the opposite direction either.... from the view I seen I thought it was out... but all the NE players/fans were estatic and Miami players/fans weren't......
              Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Well I got my Christmas present... I wished for a postseason with the Fins and Pats sitting home and watching... and got it!

Hmmm, Ricky sure was the difference maker wasn't he? I've never seen a team make so little use of a 100+ yard rusher. Come on Miami! If your RB gets 120y in the first half you should win the game! God, I guess the best part about all this is that not only will the Fins end up giving up another 1st rounder for Ricky, but they will have 2 less wins to show for it :) Furthermore, Ricky's sweetheart cap friendly deal just got cap unfriendly as its base salary is tied directly to his performance... I need someone to tell me if this is right, but as I understand Ricky’s contract he will be an additional 3 or 4 mil cap hit next year LOL!

* Due to escalators triggered with his 1800y rushing, 2000y total, Pro Bowl appearance, and winning the rushing crown.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

USA Today reported on Friday that RW's base for 2003 increases by $4.25 million. HOWEVER, his base for 2004 is also the same as 2003 and can increase based upon his incentives in 2003....LOL

RW's cap number in 2003 has gone from $375,000 to $4.625 million. It could also impact NLTBE for 2003 which would result in a lower cap for them. The "reported" cap was $71.101 million for each team, however, based upon incentive clauses in various player contracts, Miami's had a "debit" of $2.633 million, thus their actual cap was $68.468 million. It's likely Miami will have another similar cap adjustment in 2003

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buffarama
                    Well the refs tried their best again to give it to the Pats with that bogus pass interference call. They did give it to them, but they still got knocked out even though they won.
                    AFC east everyone 9-7, 8-8. One game here or there and we're in.
                    i thought for sure that the refs would call offensive interference.fletcher had his head turned back towards the ball.i laughed my @$$ off when they called it against the FISH.since we didn't make the playoffs,i was hoping that things would go the way they did.by the way,has anyone heard from wheat toast??he sounded so sure that the FISH would be in the playoffs.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      USA Today reported on Friday that RW's base for 2003 increases by $4.25 million. HOWEVER, his base for 2004 is also the same as 2003 and can increase based upon his incentives in 2003....LOL

RW's cap number in 2003 has gone from $375,000 to $4.625 million. It could also impact NLTBE for 2003 which would result in a lower cap for them. The "reported" cap was $71.101 million for each team, however, based upon incentive clauses in various player contracts, Miami's had a "debit" of $2.633 million, thus their actual cap was $68.468 million. It's likely Miami will have another similar cap adjustment in 2003
                      that's just TOOOOOO bad.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Doesn't it jes' break yer heart?................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• itsandthings
                          • Sep 2002

Miami is likely to re-do Ricky's deal and pay him a sizeable bonus which can be amortized over the length of the new deal in order to alleviate his cap impact in 2003.

Comment

• clumping platelets

they re-did his deal near the end of training camp......I wonder if they can restructure the deal again so soon

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

I love it! Miami did it again......cough, gag, hack.......I'm sorry, are you choking? Having them on the sofa next to us really helped ease my pain about missing the post season.

Comment

Working...
                              X