PDA

View Full Version : Why do people say Peerless wants to leave?

HenryRules
12-29-2002, 10:40 PM
I've heard lots of people on this board say that Price is selfish, doesn't care about the team, and wants to leave Buffalo.

I just saw/heard him on tv in a locker-room interview where he stated something along the lines of, "I've said all along I'll take less to stay here ... not substantially less of course though".

What's wrong with that? Sounds to me like he wants to commit and help the Bills win, he just doesn't want to lose lots of money in the process. Sounds reasonable to me.

C. Everett Koop
12-29-2002, 10:41 PM
He said that at least 10 times this season. I hope we can keep him!

LtBillsFan66
12-29-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by C. Everett Koop
He said that at least 10 times this season. I hope we can keep him!

I was going to say the same thing.

Buffarama
12-29-2002, 10:46 PM
It's the Buffalo thing to do, bash the players that you root for.
Peerless Price made as many big plays this year and Andre Reed used too. This guy has to stay somehow. We can find a cheap TE.
Then we fill the defense up.

LtBillsFan66
12-29-2002, 10:51 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/games/index.cfm?cont_id=155048

Do you want to stay here?

"I've said all along that I want be back. That's my first choice. I don't want to go someplace and get used to a whole new group of guys and try to meet new friends. I would love to come back."

Doc
12-29-2002, 10:53 PM
The Bills can't afford to pay him "not substantially less" than his market value, which will at least be $4M a year with a $8M signing bonus. I just saw him make a ton of boneheaded penalties and bad plays to justify paying him that much money. Might as well get David Boston for a little more in that case.

mybills
12-29-2002, 10:53 PM
Don't listen to :angry:ing hear-say or media......

just wait for a live interview, or espn, or nfl.com, to SEE that he says..."F the bills, I'm on the market" or not.

I'll bet anyone on this board that P.Price is with us in 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: yeah!!!!!!!!

c'mon baybay!!!!!!!

mybills
12-29-2002, 11:00 PM
Ya know what, this same infantile routine happened last year.

I appologize now for putting such *****y posts, but jeez...open yer eyes peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try to empathise till the draft, but?????????????

Novacane
12-29-2002, 11:01 PM
It's not that we don't want to keep him! I just don't think you can justify tying up huge cap #'s in one posisiton. We can not get into cap hell again. He will get a 4-5 mill offer from some team needing a WR and we should not match that.

Reed should be able to double his output from this season if he is a starter which would put him about 70 catches. Moulds can put up another 100+ and if we use the TE more we will be fine on O.

LtBillsFan66
12-29-2002, 11:03 PM
I like the quote that says that Moulds told him to shut up.

Moulds words of wisdom:

"It's been tough. I have been talking to him all week about all the different situations, Atlanta and Washington have both shown interest in him. It's fine if the teams want you but at the same time this team gives him the first opportunity to succeed. I was in the same situation a couple of years ago. I had to make a decision whether or not to stay or leave. I realized that if I stayed I would have the opportunity to be part of something special in finishing my career with the team that drafted me. Now he has to make that same decision. I hope he will make the right decision and come back to our team. I am not going to pressure him to make that decision, like a lot of other people are doing. He should make the decision to come back to be part of something special with him, Josh and myself. It's a tough decision to make and right now he is just weighing his options."

http://www.buffalobills.com/games/index.cfm?cont_id=155041

Novacane
12-29-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by mybills

I'll bet anyone on this board that P.Price is with us in 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: yeah!!!!!!!!

c'mon baybay!!!!!!!

Bet with your head not your heart! I'll take that bet. 500 zonebucks?

mybills
12-29-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

Bet with your head not your heart! I'll take that bet. 500 zonebucks?

that's true, the ****ing office has no head....

they are stupid to give up 1 of the 2.......

I can't say anymore about it HEAD WISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillsMan80
12-29-2002, 11:15 PM
We have a TE already in Dave Moore, except Gilbride neglects to use him enough. Dump Riemersma, and use that money for Peerless.

Novacane
12-29-2002, 11:16 PM

that's true, the ****ing office has no head....

they are stupid to give up 1 of the 2.......

If some team offers a huge contract is would be stupid of the FO to match. It all really is going to come down to how much interest in him there is. I think there will be a lot which will drive up his price. We can not afford two top paid WR. We just can't. It will hurt us in too many other areas.

Ð
12-29-2002, 11:22 PM
Later, peeless...

colin
12-29-2002, 11:26 PM
we pay freaking JR 3.5, you would not want Price at 4?!?!?

Ð
12-29-2002, 11:28 PM
no

mybills
12-29-2002, 11:43 PM
R U Peeps serious??????
Quit letting them decide for you badly, like they've done so many times before, that you're so :angry:ing damned used to it that you become one of their robots!!!!!!!!!
Get rid of Teague or move him to block/tackle.
He can't and hasn't been able to hike a decent ball all season. For crying out loud...he's one of the players that all of you Drew fans should be defending, since he's the damned idiot that's been costing Drew the (oh it's not Drew's fault) plays all season, even though he took the extra second to catch the knee level hikes??....
I'm so sick of the double standard bull...it makes me wanna puke.

I might see ya'll after the draft cuzza this!

mybills
12-29-2002, 11:48 PM
***** money is the root of all :evil: but following it is up to your poor ass!!!!!

clumping platelets
12-30-2002, 05:43 AM
:church: Peerless

Novacane
12-30-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by colin
we pay freaking JR 3.5, you would not want Price at 4?!?!?

JR is not going to make 3.5 mill. He will be gone!

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2002, 09:02 AM
I really haven't had any problems with teague at all this year. I think he has done decent job.. As far at JR he will be gone for sure!!!!

ublinkwescore
12-30-2002, 10:49 AM
Teague was playing at a ProBowl level I don't know where Mybills is getting his assessment from.

BufBlue4ever60
12-30-2002, 10:54 AM
And if we do get rid of Price, then who is gonna play WR if Reed or Moulds get hurt. Charles Johnson? Reggie Germany? Rodney Wright? My thoughts exactly.

Ð
12-30-2002, 10:57 AM
who cares...It's gonna be a run-oriented offense next year

Dozerdog
12-30-2002, 10:58 AM
R U Peeps serious??????
Quit letting them decide for you badly, like they've done so many times before, that you're so :angry:ing damned used to it that you become one of their robots!!!!!!!!!
Get rid of Teague or move him to block/tackle.
He can't and hasn't been able to hike a decent ball all season. For crying out loud...he's one of the players that all of you Drew fans should be defending, since he's the damned idiot that's been costing Drew the (oh it's not Drew's fault) plays all season, even though he took the extra second to catch the knee level hikes??....
I'm so sick of the double standard bull...it makes me wanna puke.

I might see ya'll after the draft cuzza this!

Again, it's been asked before and I'll bring it up again. Who would you have gone with as the Bills QB last season? What would our record be today? What would the Bills future hold next season with that choice? A playoff contender?

And Teague? Same question. Who would you prefer at center? Conaty? Jennings? Who would replace Jennings at his current position?

You get all worked up about Price. No one here hates the guy or wants to see him go. But it appears a lot of fans here are coming to the same conclusion- do we really need 2 sports cars in the driveway when the money would be better spent on fixing the leaky roof?

Dozerdog
12-30-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by BufBlue4ever60
And if we do get rid of Price, then who is gonna play WR if Reed or Moulds get hurt. Charles Johnson? Reggie Germany? Rodney Wright? My thoughts exactly.

Reed will be the #2, and I would assume a veteran would be picked up for the #3- a FA or cap casualty. ( at a much more reasonable cost). Reed is more than capable of an 80 catch 1000 yard season next year.

The_Philster
12-30-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Again, it's been asked before and I'll bring it up again. Who would you have gone with as the Bills QB last season? What would our record be today? What would the Bills future hold next season with that choice? A playoff contender?

And Teague? Same question. Who would you prefer at center? Conaty? Jennings? Who would replace Jennings at his current position?

You get all worked up about Price. No one here hates the guy or wants to see him go. But it appears a lot of fans here are coming to the same conclusion- do we really need 2 sports cars in the driveway when the money would be better spent on fixing the leaky roof?

Nice analogy. :up: We'd all love to see him back but it's ridiculous to pay all that money to a 2nd WR when we have Josh Reed and we also need help in other areas.