PDA

View Full Version : Secondary Question...

vicmantak
07-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Assuming that Kevin Thomas will loose half of the season, which scenario seems to be the best option to win on obvious passing situations and why?

1. FS Vincent, CB McGee, nCB Greer.
2. FS Vincent, CB McGee, nCB King.
3. FS Vincent, CB Greer, nCB McGee.
4. FS Vincent, CB King, nCB McGee.
5. FS Baker, CB Vincent, nCB McGee or,
6. FS Baker, CB McGee, nCB Vincent.

nCB: Nickel corner back

Captain Obvious
08-01-2005, 12:01 AM
Assuming that Kevin Thomas will loose half of the season, which scenario seems to be the best option to win on obvious passing situations and why?

1. FS Vincent, CB McGee, nCB Greer.
2. FS Vincent, CB McGee, nCB King.
3. FS Vincent, CB Greer, nCB McGee.
4. FS Vincent, CB King, nCB McGee.
5. FS Baker, CB Vincent, nCB McGee or,
6. FS Baker, CB McGee, nCB Vincent.

nCB: Nickel corner back
Scenario 1. Greer has 1 years worth of experience. King is a rookie.

FlyingDutchman
08-01-2005, 12:05 AM
I dont believe Thomas is going to be out too long, I really dont think its thats serious....anyone know the full report on him?

vicmantak
08-01-2005, 12:40 AM
IMO even Kevin Thomas is completely healthy... option 5 seems to be the best option to win.

Reasons:

1. Bills might explode McGee's forte that is man-man coverage
2. This strategy allows to have both (Vincent and McGee) as versatile and everydown players.
3. Vincent is probably still a better CB than McGee.
4. Baker brings almost the same expectations (or more) at FS and it allows to have a "fresh" and "specialized" FS on pass situations.

mysticsoto
08-01-2005, 09:26 AM
I dont believe Thomas is going to be out too long, I really dont think its thats serious....anyone know the full report on him?
I think it'll be #1. Greer has more experience and King would have to do phenomenol to beat him out.

Last I read on KT, he re-aggravated his knee injury sometime last week. I suspect he will be out for a good portion. Knowing where King stands is therefore crucial...

dannyek71
08-01-2005, 09:57 AM
put the most skilled guys on the field

Troll Master
08-01-2005, 12:08 PM
if thomas hurt we should resign Chris Watson for insurance. he was solid cover man and good tackler. Bills need to sign players when teams cut players.

mysticsoto
08-01-2005, 01:08 PM
if thomas hurt we should resign Chris Watson for insurance. he was solid cover man and good tackler. Bills need to sign players when teams cut players.
That's easier said than done and tends to come from pseudo-GMs who think they know alot. Sign people, sign people...if we had all the money in the world, that would be an easy solution. We don't - that's why we got a good GM who pays attention to the salary cap...so that we don't get into a bad situation again. We don't have all kinds of money to just be signing anyone and at this point, we need to be very careful about what we use what we have and for whom. Verba may still be a possibility if Gandy and Jason Peters don't work out at LT. Signing Clements long term is another. Next year we won't have Drew's cap hit and will be in a much better position money-wise for doing things. Of course signing Clements or even franchising him will probably kill alot if not all of the extra we recover from DB.

LtBillsFan66
08-01-2005, 01:18 PM
What happened to Thomas?

mysticsoto
08-01-2005, 02:45 PM
What happened to Thomas?
The only thing they've said is that he aggravated his knee last week. They haven't said much else and over the weekend I read that he was the Bill with the most serious injury (presuming that technically, Kevin Everett is not a Bill yet). Bu they didn't elaborate, and I can't seem to find the link of the site where I read that. It looks like we will not be able to count on Thomas for maybe the 1st half of the season. Thankfully, Jabari Greer has been getting some decent experience.