PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mikey and/or anyone else who made it to camp....

OpIv37
08-01-2005, 08:23 AM
how does the LT/DT situation look? Seriously, from the early camp reports this team seems to be in good shape- our TE's are healthy, we're deep at QB and WR, the D is strong as ever and ST will only improve. But the LT situation has me really concerned.

It's no big secret that the four main issues facing this team were:
1. QB- how will Losman do? I'm not concerned about this because a) he won't be featured- all he has to do is not lose games and make teams pay when they cheat on the box to stop Willis, and b) we have Holcomb.
2. DT- the competition between Edwards and Anderson is increasing my confidence in the ability to replace Pat Williams so I'm not too concerned about this at the moment, although it's definitely something to watch.
3. Running back depth- hopefully McGahee won't get injured so this won't be a problem
4. LT- I see this being a serious problem for a run-oriented team with an inexperienced QB. This is definitely the biggest concern for us right now.

dannyek71
08-01-2005, 08:28 AM
I made it to camp sat night. RB depth looks pretty darn good. Gates looks like he could be a steal. Willis type of body/running style (I know game situation wise he probably doesnt come close to WM)

JP looked good, rusty but good for someone who has only thrown 5 passes. Looks like he will def use his feet.

Tatonka
08-01-2005, 08:37 AM
how bout kelsay? does he look bigger? faster?

schobel made a significant jump in his 3rd year i thought.. does it look like kelsay could do that this year?