X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

When Nick Saban is fired after 3 years!

I hope he goes to State College. He’d be a great replacement for Joe Pa. And he’d bring Penn St back to glory!
    Resign our own guys!
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Re: When Nick Saban is fired after 3 years!

He won't be fired, probably will resign like JJ did after a humiliating defeat. He'll then go to Miami U and we'll draft all his players.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y.
      He won't be fired, probably will resign like JJ did after a humiliating defeat. He'll then go to Miami U and we'll draft all his players.
      Yep, you gotta love those Miami U. guys.. But in 3 years, I think your coach beats Saban to the ex NFL coach quarters..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
        Yep, you gotta love those Miami U. guys.. But in 3 years, I think your coach beats Saban to the ex NFL coach quarters..
        I can see Mularkey leaving in 3 years (NOT!), he'll say "After 3 straight Super Bowl Championships, I find the NFL boring. With JP at QB the team will win the next ten straight & I want more of a challenge. So I'm going to coach the Dolphins who are were starting Akili Smith last season. That's a real challenge. Just kidding folks, I just signed a 10 year contract so that I can win 10 more Super Bowls"

Comment

• Bling
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Albany,n.y.
          I can see Mularkey leaving in 3 years (NOT!), he'll say "After 3 straight Super Bowl Championships, I find the NFL boring. With JP at QB the team will win the next ten straight & I want more of a challenge. So I'm going to coach the Dolphins who are were starting Akili Smith last season. That's a real challenge. Just kidding folks, I just signed a 10 year contract so that I can win 10 more Super Bowls"

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

Keep dreaming guys! IMO, Nick is looking more and more like the real deal. Time will tell!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
              Keep dreaming guys! IMO, Nick is looking more and more like the real deal. Time will tell!
              Didn't Dennis Erickson and Steve Spurrier look like the real deal too?
              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Static
                The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                Didn't Dennis Erickson and Steve Spurrier look like the real deal too?
                No they didn't

Comment

• Static
                  The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                  • Jul 2005

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Though we've had plenty of fun at the Nicktator's expense, we have a feeling that he'll be fondling the Lombardi within three years

Comment

• Fairway
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66

Has he coached a single game yet?

Comment

• Fairway
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LT teh ghost

You fin fans and the press guys are sounding Exactly like you did when JJ was brought in. History will repeat itself again

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
                        You fin fans and the press guys are sounding Exactly like you did when JJ was brought in. History will repeat itself again

Yeah, it’s just that college coaches rarely come in and do well. Sure there was Jimmy Johnson but that Dallas team was LOADED. JJ showed what he was really like in Miami.

I can’t think of another college coach that has done well. I’m sure there is one or two, but I can’t think of one. Esp. the big name guys. Spurrier, Butch Davis, Erickson twice, Pete Carrol, June Jones.

All guys that dominated on the College football level but were terrible in the pros.
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

It will be a lot of fun for the fin fans when Nick takes on Wanny every year at Pitt / Penn St.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                            Yeah, it’s just that college coaches rarely come in and do well. Sure there was Jimmy Johnson but that Dallas team was LOADED. JJ showed what he was really like in Miami.

I can’t think of another college coach that has done well. I’m sure there is one or two, but I can’t think of one. Esp. the big name guys. Spurrier, Butch Davis, Erickson twice, Pete Carrol, June Jones.

All guys that dominated on the College football level but were terrible in the pros.
                            Not that I want to defend Saban - as he's done nothing yet, but he does have one advantage over a typical coach coming from the college ranks. B'cse of the the desperation pt that the Dolphins are in, he's been granted alot of powers to gut the team and change the entire personnel to fit what team he would like to implement. In that sense, he gets to implement his vision for a team from the bottom up instead of coming in and installing and offense/defense that fits the personnel he currently has. This gives him an added advantage to be successful.

That notwithstanding, I don't think it's going to happen overnight and I don't think they will make the playoffs this year. In fact, with their tough schedule, I think they will have a hard time even making .500. But we will see as the year goes by...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

You guys are dreaming if you think Saban will be fired after 3 years.

I say 2 years max.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X