PDA

View Full Version : When Nick Saban is fired after 3 years!

Patrick76777
08-01-2005, 08:35 AM
I hope he goes to State College. He’d be a great replacement for Joe Pa. And he’d bring Penn St back to glory!

Albany,n.y.
08-01-2005, 05:12 PM
He won't be fired, probably will resign like JJ did after a humiliating defeat. He'll then go to Miami U and we'll draft all his players.

MDFINFAN
08-01-2005, 05:26 PM
He won't be fired, probably will resign like JJ did after a humiliating defeat. He'll then go to Miami U and we'll draft all his players.

Yep, you gotta love those Miami U. guys.. But in 3 years, I think your coach beats Saban to the ex NFL coach quarters.. :peace:

Albany,n.y.
08-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Yep, you gotta love those Miami U. guys.. But in 3 years, I think your coach beats Saban to the ex NFL coach quarters.. :peace:
I can see Mularkey leaving in 3 years (NOT!), he'll say "After 3 straight Super Bowl Championships, I find the NFL boring. With JP at QB the team will win the next ten straight & I want more of a challenge. So I'm going to coach the Dolphins who are were starting Akili Smith last season. That's a real challenge. Just kidding folks, I just signed a 10 year contract so that I can win 10 more Super Bowls"

Bling
08-01-2005, 06:55 PM
I can see Mularkey leaving in 3 years (NOT!), he'll say "After 3 straight Super Bowl Championships, I find the NFL boring. With JP at QB the team will win the next ten straight & I want more of a challenge. So I'm going to coach the Dolphins who are were starting Akili Smith last season. That's a real challenge. Just kidding folks, I just signed a 10 year contract so that I can win 10 more Super Bowls"

:lmao:

LtFinFan66
08-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Keep dreaming guys! IMO, Nick is looking more and more like the real deal. Time will tell!

Gunzlingr
08-02-2005, 06:33 AM
Keep dreaming guys! IMO, Nick is looking more and more like the real deal. Time will tell!Didn't Dennis Erickson and Steve Spurrier look like the real deal too?

Static
08-02-2005, 07:02 AM
Didn't Dennis Erickson and Steve Spurrier look like the real deal too?

No they didn't

Static
08-02-2005, 07:15 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Though we've had plenty of fun at the Nicktator's expense, we have a feeling that he'll be fondling the Lombardi within three years:hump:

Novacane
08-02-2005, 07:18 AM
Keep dreaming guys! IMO, Nick is looking more and more like the real deal. Time will tell!

Has he coached a single game yet? :lmao:

Novacane
08-02-2005, 07:22 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

:hump:

:rofl: You fin fans and the press guys are sounding Exactly like you did when JJ was brought in. History will repeat itself again

Patrick76777
08-02-2005, 07:33 AM
:rofl: You fin fans and the press guys are sounding Exactly like you did when JJ was brought in. History will repeat itself again

Yeah, it’s just that college coaches rarely come in and do well. Sure there was Jimmy Johnson but that Dallas team was LOADED. JJ showed what he was really like in Miami.

I can’t think of another college coach that has done well. I’m sure there is one or two, but I can’t think of one. Esp. the big name guys. Spurrier, Butch Davis, Erickson twice, Pete Carrol, June Jones.

All guys that dominated on the College football level but were terrible in the pros.

Earthquake Enyart
08-02-2005, 07:34 AM
It will be a lot of fun for the fin fans when Nick takes on Wanny every year at Pitt / Penn St.

mysticsoto
08-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Yeah, it’s just that college coaches rarely come in and do well. Sure there was Jimmy Johnson but that Dallas team was LOADED. JJ showed what he was really like in Miami.

I can’t think of another college coach that has done well. I’m sure there is one or two, but I can’t think of one. Esp. the big name guys. Spurrier, Butch Davis, Erickson twice, Pete Carrol, June Jones.

All guys that dominated on the College football level but were terrible in the pros.
Not that I want to defend Saban - as he's done nothing yet, but he does have one advantage over a typical coach coming from the college ranks. B'cse of the the desperation pt that the Dolphins are in, he's been granted alot of powers to gut the team and change the entire personnel to fit what team he would like to implement. In that sense, he gets to implement his vision for a team from the bottom up instead of coming in and installing and offense/defense that fits the personnel he currently has. This gives him an added advantage to be successful.

That notwithstanding, I don't think it's going to happen overnight and I don't think they will make the playoffs this year. In fact, with their tough schedule, I think they will have a hard time even making .500. But we will see as the year goes by...

justasportsfan
08-02-2005, 07:49 AM
You guys are dreaming if you think Saban will be fired after 3 years. :rolleyes:

I say 2 years max.

Static
08-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Not that I want to defend Saban - as he's done nothing yet, but he does have one advantage over a typical coach coming from the college ranks. B'cse of the the desperation pt that the Dolphins are in, he's been granted alot of powers to gut the team and change the entire personnel to fit what team he would like to implement. In that sense, he gets to implement his vision for a team from the bottom up instead of coming in and installing and offense/defense that fits the personnel he currently has. This gives him an added advantage to be successful.

That notwithstanding, I don't think it's going to happen overnight and I don't think they will make the playoffs this year. In fact, with their tough schedule, I think they will have a hard time even making .500. But we will see as the year goes by...

Nice post....and i agree

Patrick76777
08-02-2005, 08:36 AM

Even worse, Coach/GM's are never good.

Italian Stallion
08-02-2005, 09:49 AM
I just love all these fin fans talking trash now.....4-12 is what it comes down to guys. Four wins. inexperienced head coach. defense is old. gay uniforms.

Talk all you want this time of year, cuz come november and december the only thing you team will be doing is holding a firm grip on 4th place and a top 10 draft pick. Then let's see you back on these boards, trying to justify yourselfs. I have NEVER seen more "confident" bunch of fans after their team did so bad the year before. At least the majority of us guys were realistic after our 3-13 year.....

P.S. nice hat Saban. Nice nipple rings Boston.

LVGrown
08-02-2005, 10:58 AM
wasn't it all the fish fans saying we had no chance in hell last year with a rookie head coach, but now that the tables have turned they are play-off bound! I guess that 9-7 finish that our doomed rookie coach finished with gave them something to be hopeful about. Keep dreaming ... i will give them 6-10 this season ... maybe!

buff what?
08-02-2005, 11:18 AM
I can see Mularkey leaving in 3 years (NOT!), he'll say "After 3 straight Super Bowl Championships, I find the NFL boring. With JP at QB the team will win the next ten straight & I want more of a challenge. So I'm going to coach the Dolphins who are were starting Akili Smith last season. That's a real challenge. Just kidding folks, I just signed a 10 year contract so that I can win 10 more Super Bowls":lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Please follow these directions carefully: Put down the pipe and take three of the little white ones. Don't hide them under your tongue because you really need them!
Go ahead and bash me with your same ole #@&%, "the Fins went 4-12" but you need to at least win the most important game of your season when the other team is playing 2nd and 3rd stringers.

buff what?
08-02-2005, 11:19 AM
I can see Mularkey leaving in 3 years (NOT!), he'll say "After 3 straight Super Bowl Championships, I find the NFL boring. With JP at QB the team will win the next ten straight & I want more of a challenge. So I'm going to coach the Dolphins who are were starting Akili Smith last season. That's a real challenge. Just kidding folks, I just signed a 10 year contract so that I can win 10 more Super Bowls":lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Please follow these directions carefully: Put down the pipe and take three of the little white ones. Don't hide them under your tongue because you really need them!
Go ahead and bash me with your same ole #@&%, "the Fins went 4-12" but you need to at least win the most important game of your season when the other team is playing 2nd and 3rd stringers.
I smell fear of Saban on this site, maybe not this year, but 2-3 years from now.

dolfan25
08-02-2005, 07:31 PM

Are you old enough to remember the late '80's and early '90's? Who do you think "LOADED" that team up, Jerry Jones? It was Jimmy that picked almost all of the players on the Cowboys SB teams. He achieved more success in 5 years with the Cowboys than anyone has in the entire history of the Bills organization. It's not like he walked into a George Seifert or Barry Switzer situation. He rebuilt a franchise that was in the dumper. Unfortunately(or fortunately if you're a Bills fan) by the time he got to Miami his hunger had waned. Even with a moderate level of success in Miami he atleast was able to stomp on a box of Flutie flakes.

dolfan25
08-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Even worse, Coach/GM's are never good.

Google Randy Mueller

kevinj22
08-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Why is that everyday there is some idiotic story pertaining to the fish. "WHO THE HELL CARES" what they may or may not do in 3 years. I could care less, go to the Dolphins web site and pose these stupid questions with "Dolphin fans" and allow us to continue discussing our team, Thank You

Nublar7
08-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Why is that everyday there is some idiotic story pertaining to the fish. "WHO THE HELL CARES" what they may or may not do in 3 years. I could care less, go to the Dolphins web site and pose these stupid questions with "Dolphin fans" and allow us to continue discussing our team, Thank YouThe Dolphins are just a popular team. Everyone wants to talk about them, even on Bills sites. The Bills are dull, so people like to talk about the winningest team in NFL history. :brush:

LtFinFan66
08-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Didn't Dennis Erickson and Steve Spurrier look like the real deal too?To be honest...not so much

mysticsoto
08-03-2005, 05:14 AM
The Dolphins are just a popular team. Everyone wants to talk about them, even on Bills sites. The Bills are dull, so people like to talk about the winningest team in NFL history. :brush:
The Dolphins are just fun to talk about b'cse right now they are in the sewer of the AFC East. Plus they have so many problems (like their QB controversy) that it is fun to watch their confusion.

And for most Bills fans, they are still and always will be our rivals...

feelthepain
08-03-2005, 07:09 AM
The Dolphins are just fun to talk about b'cse right now they are in the sewer of the AFC East. Plus they have so many problems (like their QB controversy) that it is fun to watch their confusion.

And for most Bills fans, they are still and always will be our rivals...
Yeah, you keep believeing that. I don't think many believe the Bills are anything special. You will finish behind the fins this year.

justasportsfan
08-03-2005, 07:44 AM
so people like to talk about the winningest team in NFL history. :brush:and make fun of them. Jay leno? The fins are the butt of all jokes last year especially.

BTW bills fans, smile. We're on candid camera. There's a link in FH about this thread. While we talk about the fins and make fun of them, finfans care about what we say. Right Nuby? :snicker: They are soooo sensitive,that this thread got their panties all bunched up at FH.

mysticsoto
08-03-2005, 07:45 AM
Yeah, you keep believeing that. I don't think many believe the Bills are anything special. You will finish behind the fins this year.

Care to place a wager???

justasportsfan
08-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Care to place a wager???OOOOH. I doubt he'll take that challenge.

dolfan25
08-03-2005, 09:08 AM
and make fun of them. Jay leno? The fins are the butt of all jokes last year especially.

BTW bills fans, smile. We're on candid camera. There's a link in FH about this thread. While we talk about the fins and make fun of them, finfans care about what we say. Right Nuby? :snicker: They are soooo sensitive,that this thread got their panties all bunched up at FH.

Give me a break you're the official finheaven reporter on this board.

justasportsfan
08-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Give me a break you're the official finheaven reporter on this board.
really. I barely ever create links to FH. I usually talk about FH only when a finfan that post over there talks about it. Hence , that's where my post comes from. :shakeno:

BigZ
08-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Who gives a crap about the Dolphins?

My advice, Phin Phans, go back to your own boards. This is a Bills board.

Just because you don't have anything as good as "Bills Zone" doesn't mean you should hang out here.

Get a life!

dolfan25
08-03-2005, 09:34 AM
really. I barely ever create links to FH. I usually talk about FH only when a finfan that post over there talks about it. Hence , that's where my post comes from. :shakeno:

You troll finheaven to come over here and say how homeristic Fin fans are. You've been doing it for years.

Also who actually uses the word hence?

justasportsfan
08-03-2005, 09:59 AM
You troll finheaven to come over here and say how homeristic Fin fans are. You've been doing it for years.

Also who actually uses the word hence? Like I said, it's only when a finfan from FH brings it up. I don't start threads about FH. What do you care anyways? You're trolling here yourself so don't go around pointing fingers.

taylorj99
08-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Who gives a crap about the Dolphins? My advice, Phin Phans, go back to your own boards. This is a Bills board. Just because you don't have anything as good as "Bills Zone" doesn't mean you should hang out here. Get a life!

How funny! Just replace Bills with Phins and vice versa and you'd read this about 30 times a day at Finheaven. Pretty ironic.

Bulldog
08-03-2005, 10:29 AM

Care to place a wager???

Why is it that every time you make one of these stupid statements, and somebody calls you on it, you vanish. Put up or shut up. I prefer tha latter of the two.

pmoon6
08-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Let the Finfans have their fun, most fans of any team are optimistic right now. With Ricky back, they could give us problems, but their D is getting a little long in the tooth and they lost their best corner. Their O-line is the same, but could improve under Hudson Houck. QB is a big question mark. I don't think Saban is a saviour, but we shall see.

feelthepain
08-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Care to place a wager???
What one sided bet do you propose??

feelthepain
08-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Why is it that every time you make one of these stupid statements, and somebody calls you on it, you vanish. Put up or shut up. I prefer tha latter of the two.

Ohh look, the brainless one speaks!!

Bulldog
08-03-2005, 12:33 PM

Great post! You must have really racked your brain to come up with that gem. Once again FTP must resort to name calling, what a surprise.

feelthepain
08-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Great post! You must have really racked your brain to come up with that gem. Once again FTP must resort to name calling, what a surprise.
Well stop telling people to shut up and calling them stupid!! BTW isn't that the same as name calling?? If you can't take the heat stay outta the kitchen!!!

Bulldog
08-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Well stop telling people to shut up and calling them stupid!! BTW isn't that the same as name calling?? If you can't take the heat stay outta the kitchen!!!

I never said you were stupid. I said your post was stupid. Attack the post, not the poster. Good try though. Maybe somebody should read the TOS before they open their mouth. And I told you to put up or shut up. I gave you the option. Next! :lmao:

feelthepain
08-03-2005, 04:56 PM
I never said you were stupid. I said your post was stupid. Attack the post, not the poster. Good try though. Maybe somebody should read the TOS before they open their mouth. And I told you to put up or shut up. I gave you the option. Next! :lmao:

None the less your tone and contentent were of an insultive nature, and you know it.!!! This is the kind of stuff you always post. Unless I respond to you don't respond to me, it's that simple. When I posted here I wasn't talking to you. you just have a giant bug up your @** and that's why you always respond to fin fans with such a nasty disposition. Don't respond to fin fans if you don't like them.

Seventeen&0
08-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Why is that everyday there is some idiotic story pertaining to the fish. "WHO THE HELL CARES" what they may or may not do in 3 years. I could care less, go to the Dolphins web site and pose these stupid questions with "Dolphin fans" and allow us to continue discussing our team, Thank You
Obviously Bills fans care...cause this thread was started by a Bills fan. So, in reality you're not discussing you're team, right?

jmb1099
08-03-2005, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=dolfan25]You troll finheaven to come over here and say how homeristic Fin fans are. You've been doing it for years.

You asked him a question which prompted a response, hence his answer.

Bulldog
08-03-2005, 07:48 PM
None the less your tone and contentent were of an insultive nature, and you know it.!!! This is the kind of stuff you always post. Unless I respond to you don't respond to me, it's that simple. When I posted here I wasn't talking to you. you just have a giant bug up your @** and that's why you always respond to fin fans with such a nasty disposition. Don't respond to fin fans if you don't like them.

A Miami fan on a Bills board telling me how & when to post. :lmao: How about you stop posting on a Bills board and go somewhere else. And I only reply to Miami fans like that when they make stupid posts like you usually do. Next! :lmao:

feelthepain
08-04-2005, 12:00 AM
A Miami fan on a Bills board telling me how & when to post. :lmao: How about you stop posting on a Bills board and go somewhere else. And I only reply to Miami fans like that when they make stupid posts like you usually do. Next! :lmao:

You don't own this site, you have no more right to post here then I do. So get off your high horse. This is a football site open to everyone, I think you need help in reading. You don't seem to grasp the forum concept. Stop attacking people just because you don't like what they write. You don't have to agree, you also don't have to reply to every opinion I express. You're the worst kind of member here, you post just to start trouble. I on the other hand post 90% of the time to defend my team, this is the typical thread I seem to find here and it's always a waste of space fan. If people think that's antagonizing so be it. But there is a big difference in posting with a different perspective and just plain attacking another poster....your MO!!!

The title of this thread is a good example of the kind of brainless, worthless waste of space used up by several Bill fans here. The kind of threads I will repond to. I then get attacked by fans like you. When if this were on a fin site and they were attacking the Bills you'd respond by defending your team. What was the real purpose of this thread??? Simple, someone (bill fan) has no life and would rather post crap then to use their brain and post something with just the slightest bit of knowledge. Still you can't even repond to this thread. Rather, you would just like to attack a poster because you have no knowledge to add. So the next best thing is to insult. I'd say that pretty much sums up your existence here.

Bulldog
08-04-2005, 09:48 AM

Yeah, you never attack any posters on here.

Stop attacking people just because you don't like what they write. You don't have to agree, you also don't have to reply to every opinion I express. You're the worst kind of member here, you post just to start trouble. I on the other hand post 90% of the time to defend my team, this is the typical thread I seem to find here and it's always a waste of space fan. If people think that's antagonizing so be it. But there is a big difference in posting with a different perspective and just plain attacking another poster....your MO!!!

Take your own advise. You attack more posters on here than any one.

The title of this thread is a good example of the kind of brainless, worthless waste of space used up by several Bill fans here.

Yet, more attacks on the posters of this board. Pot, kettle, black. You add no value to this message board. When you have nothing intelligent to say, you resort to name calling. That's the reason why people here treat you like they do. There are plenty of Miami fans that post on here without any problems at all. You need to get your act together. Next! :lmao:

feelthepain
08-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Yeah, you never attack any posters on here.

Take your own advise. You attack more posters on here than any one.

Yet, more attacks on the posters of this board. Pot, kettle, black. You add no value to this message board. When you have nothing intelligent to say, you resort to name calling. That's the reason why people here treat you like they do. There are plenty of Miami fans that post on here without any problems at all. You need to get your act together. Next! :lmao:

Something I know, but you'll never do!!! Go back through my posts and tell me how many times I respond to any thread with an insult where I wasn't attacked first. You won't find many. Fact is I don't just post to start trouble, I post my opinion. Most of the time the immature fans here don't like what I have to say and make a nasty remark. Then it's on, I won't take crap from anybody. You don't like it too bad. It breaks my heart. Like I said, I have over 400 posts here and I'd say less then one percent are of me attacking without being attacked first. Do your home work, before you make false accusations!!

mysticsoto
08-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Alright...enough bickering!!! That was fine when there was nothing else to talk about but we have TCs going on and plenty of other things to discuss. Put the personal matter to rest and let's move on!!!

Spiderweb
08-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Are you old enough to remember the late '80's and early '90's? Who do you think "LOADED" that team up, Jerry Jones? It was Jimmy that picked almost all of the players on the Cowboys SB teams. He achieved more success in 5 years with the Cowboys than anyone has in the entire history of the Bills organization. It's not like he walked into a George Seifert or Barry Switzer situation. He rebuilt a franchise that was in the dumper. Unfortunately(or fortunately if you're a Bills fan) by the time he got to Miami his hunger had waned. Even with a moderate level of success in Miami he atleast was able to stomp on a box of Flutie flakes.

Just remember his 1999 (season) swan song, 62-7 ..........Oh, by the way, nice game from Dan too.....

The_Philster
08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Something I know, but you'll never do!!! Go back through my posts and tell me how many times I respond to any thread with an insult where I wasn't attacked first. You won't find many. Fact is I don't just post to start trouble, I post my opinion. Most of the time the immature fans here don't like what I have to say and make a nasty remark. Then it's on, I won't take crap from anybody. You don't like it too bad. It breaks my heart. Like I said, I have over 400 posts here and I'd say less then one percent are of me attacking without being attacked first. Do your home work, before you make false accusations!!doesn't matter who starts it...whoever is involved in name-calling is guilty of breaking the TOS...if you can't debate without name-calling, stay away from each other

feelthepain
08-04-2005, 04:44 PM
doesn't matter who starts it...whoever is involved in name-calling is guilty of breaking the TOS...if you can't debate without name-calling, stay away from each other
Works for me, infact I said the exact same thing earlier in this thread!!!

dolfan25
08-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Just remember his 1999 (season) swan song, 62-7 ..........Oh, by the way, nice game from Dan too.....

Jimmy coached in another big game where the score was 52-17. Do you remember that one?

The_Philster
08-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Jimmy coached in another big game where the score was 52-17. Do you remember that one?yeah...we notice he couldn't do anything like that when he was coaching those losers in teal and orange

dolfan25
08-05-2005, 07:51 AM
yeah...we notice he couldn't do anything like that when he was coaching those losers in teal and orange

The funny thing is that it's more than anything any Bills coach has done. Ever

The_Philster
08-05-2005, 03:29 PM
The funny thing is that it's more than anything any Bills coach has done. Everkeep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep at night