PDA

View Full Version : My 1st day camp impressions.

justasportsfan
08-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Qb-

Jp is gonna be one hell of a qb if the OL holds. He wasn't impressing me much in terms of his throws being on target. Accuracy was not what I was looking for.That's expected since it was his first day. It's how he moves in the pocket, his decissive throws and his quick release. You can tell the tempo is much faster compared to when Drew was there last year. Our wr's are gonna have to be fast because JP is gonna get the ball to them. All I did all day was compare him to Drew. It's a different offense and it's gonna be fast.

Holcomb- he'll be fine as well. Seems to be picking things up pretty well.

Shane Mathews- IMO there wasn't a huge drop off between him and Holcomb which I don't think is a knock on Holcomb.

Woodburry- he's gone IMO. Showed me nothing.

RB-

Willis Compared to last year, he obviously doesn't hesitate to hit those holes. He is way faster than he was last year. He had the burst that wasn't there last year. I told Willis whatever happens don't go back to Miami. He answered "I never played for them (DUh!) ,but I'll kill them"

Gates and Williams- Henry who? Shaud was all over the place and Gates is one huge RB. Gates especially was hitting holes w/ force knocking players back. Could be a steal for us but Williams impressed me. Never gives up on a play.

WR-
Eric Moulds is on top of his game. He looks fit and sure handed as he's ever been. Seems to me, he won't have a problem connecting w/ JP. Jp so far has hit every player out there unlike Drew who had a favorite target.

Evans- wasn't doing much and I didn't really care to pay much attention to him. Caught a few balls no biggie.

Parrish- this kid is gonna take Reeds job. He is freakishly quick and sure handed. I was paying more attention to him than Evans. Like I said, if the OL protects JP, teams are gonna have to pick their poison.

Reed and Aiken - Josh was decent but Aiken seems to have the upper hand. I was worried for a second that reed could end up in Miami next year w/ his former coach Saban. I like Reed but I think we can let him go. Aiken is ready to contribute.

DEFENSE

I didn't pay that much attention to them because I am was more worried about our O (not anymore).

Spikes- told him that Ricky said he was gonna run around you. He looks at me and smiles. He said he was gonna make him regret he came back (w/ a smile).

Stamer- told him the Wes Welker was gonna rip him apart returning kicks.He answers " Yeah right. I'm gonna rip him apart if he get's on the field w/ me'

Marrio Haggan- same thing told him Wes thinks he's the 2nd coming of steve Tasker. "He's dead meat if he thinks so. It ain't gonna happen"

I love getting in the faces of our players and making them hate the fins. :lol:

ryjam282
08-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Great job RJ, thanks a lot :up:

justasportsfan
08-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Great job RJ, thanks a lot :up:who?

mysticsoto
08-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Qb-

Jp is gonna be one hell of a qb if the OL holds. He wasn't impressing me much in terms of his throws being on target. Accuracy was not what I was looking for.That's expected since it was his first day. It's how he moves in the pocket, his decissive throws and his quick release. You can tell the tempo is much faster compared to when Drew was there last year. Our wr's are gonna have to be fast because JP is gonna get the ball to them. All I did all day was compare him to Drew. It's a different offense and it's gonna be fast.

Shane Mathews- IMO there wasn't a huge drop off between him and Holcomb which I don't think is a knock on Holcomb.

RB-

Willis Compared to last year, he obviously doesn't hesitate to hit those holes. He is way faster than he was last year. He had the burst that wasn't there last year. I told Willis whatever happens don't go back to Miami. He answered "I never played for them (DUh!) ,but I'll kill them"

Gates and Williams- Henry who? Shaud was all over the place and Gates is one huge RB. Gates especially was hitting holes w/ force knocking players back. Could be a steal for us but Williams impressed me. Never gives up on a play.

WR-
Eric Moulds is on top of his game. He looks fit and sure handed as he's ever been. Seems to me, he won't have a problem connecting w/ JP. Jp so far has hit every player out there unlike Drew who had a favorite target.

Evans- wasn't doing much and I didn't really care to pay much attention to him. Caught a few balls no biggie.

Parrish- this kid is gonna take Reeds job. He is freakishly quick and sure handed. I was paying more attention to him than Evans. Like I said, if the OL protects JP, teams are gonna have to pick their poison.

Reed and Aiken - Josh was decent but Aiken seems to have the upper hand. I was worried for a second that reed could end up in Miami next year w/ his former coach Saban. I like Reed but I think we can let him go. Aiken is ready to contribute.

DEFENSE

I didn't pay that much attention to them because I am was more worried about our O (not anymore).

Spikes- told him that Ricky said he was gonna run around you. He looks at me and smiles. He said he was gonna make him regret he came back (w/ a smile).

Stamer- told him the Wes Welker was gonna rip him apart returning kicks.He answers " Yeah right. I'm gonna rip him apart if he get's on the field w/ me'

Marrio Haggan- same thing told him Wes thinks he's the 2nd coming of steve Tasker. "He's dead meat if he thinks so. It ain't gonna happen"

Sweet!!! What about Reshard Lee? I keep hearing alot about Shaud, and I'm glad b'cse I liked him, but haven't heard anything about Lee...

Also, there's no need to get rid of Reed. He can be a backup WR who just happens to have decent experience already. That is, unless we think one of the undrafted has better potential (which I would doubt). We should keep atleast 5 WRs on the roster...

justasportsfan
08-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Oh yeah I forgot, JP is awsome at playaction fake. I thought Drew was good but Jp just takes it to another level because of his legs. I missed a few video shots because I didn't know who had the ball and so did a few D players.

Tatonka
08-01-2005, 09:08 AM
did you see anything from tony brown? the tennessee wr.. does he look like he will be a PS player or anything? and how bout haddad? is he as good as gone?

justasportsfan
08-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Sweet!!! What about Reshard Lee? I keep hearing alot about Shaud, and I'm glad b'cse I liked him, but haven't heard anything about Lee...

Also, there's no need to get rid of Reed. He can be a backup WR who just happens to have decent experience already. That is, unless we think one of the undrafted has better potential (which I would doubt). We should keep atleast 5 WRs on the roster...I didn't notice Lee much. He didn't make do anything to make me wonder "who's that?" unlike Shaud and Gates.I agree w/ Reed. He isn't going anywhere but I doubt he'll be getting any extension form TD if he doesn't shine this year.

justasportsfan
08-01-2005, 09:13 AM
did you see anything from tony brown? the tennessee wr.. does he look like he will be a PS player or anything? and how bout haddad? is he as good as gone?
didn't notice Brown either. Haddad hoever seems to be doing okay. He was also practicing w/ the ST return team but as a wr, he was quick and caught some balls only in qb drills but was almost absent in 11-11 or 7-7 drills.

TypicalBill
08-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Thanks Justa :up:

gotta love our depth at WR

Moulds
Evans
Parrish
Reed
Aiken

ryjam282
08-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Have you noticed anything from the new CB King? And how has Gandy looked after a day of reps? Getting better?

Tatonka
08-01-2005, 09:18 AM
yeah.. are you worried about gandy?

justasportsfan
08-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Have you noticed anything from the new CB King? And how has Gandy looked after a day of reps? Getting better?
yeah.. are you worried about gandy?
sorry, didn't really search for king. There was too much going on and trying to take video's was more important to me just so you guys can see what we saw. I figured zoners would be paying attention to Gandy so I went on my own business of taking the vids.

ghz in pittsburgh
08-01-2005, 09:22 AM
There will be growing pains for Losman, OL solid or not. He strikes me as someone who likes to run around and makes things happen. And I feel this coaching staff is going to let him do that (See my post regarding the Kordell Steart approach). The downside is that mistakes are often made when someone is chasing you and this will be the first time for Losman that those chasing him are all at NFL level. Just like the first few years of Bret Favre, people might get frustrated with some inevitable bone-headed throws Losman is going to make this year. Consider this as a fair warning ...

justasportsfan
08-01-2005, 09:27 AM
There will be growing pains for Losman, OL solid or not. He strikes me as someone who likes to run around and makes things happen. And I feel this coaching staff is going to let him do that (See my post regarding the Kordell Steart approach). The downside is that mistakes are often made when someone is chasing you and this will be the first time for Losman that those chasing him are all at NFL level. Just like the first few years of Bret Favre, people might get frustrated with some inevitable bone-headed throws Losman is going to make this year. Consider this as a fair warning ...I completely agree. He wants to succeed and wants to be a star. He will try to force things to get to where he wants to go. If Wyche and Mularkey can control him, we'll be fine.

There were times though where he was pretty decisive w/ the ball as soon as the ball was snapped. This means he knows the plays and knows where his wr's were at. Drew would've looked first, looked second, look third.

He will screw up that's for sure. Whether it's gonna cost us some games, well we'll have to deal with it.

venis2k1
08-01-2005, 10:11 AM
i made the 5 hour drive out to training camp (for the saturday night practice) and had a great time. waited 2 hours to be first in line to get Brian Moormans autograph, and all i have to say is Losman is gonna be a star, his passes were a little off target, but he looked completly comfortable, gandy looked solid(still too early to tell) moorman looked amazing. i had a great time, just wish i could have met up with some other zoners.

ghz in pittsburgh
08-01-2005, 10:51 AM
You are about as far as I'm. I don't think I'll go for the training camp, but if someone wants to go to Bills game with me, I'll be game. I live right off 79.

MDFINFAN
08-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Qb-

RB-

WR-

DEFENSE

Thanks for the wall material for our locker room Justa, you may have given the phins the edge they need against the Bills....

Captain Obvious
08-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the wall material for our locker room Justa, you may have given the phins the edge they need against the Bills....
Miami is going to need more than this camp report. How about decent QB play?

justasportsfan
08-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the wall material for our locker room Justa, you may have given the phins the edge they need against the Bills....yeah right. Do the players read this? Who is gonna hand it to them you? Like I care. Remember the guys I talked to are the ones doing the hitting.

Drive 4 Five
08-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Oh yeah I forgot, JP is awsome at playaction fake. I thought Drew was good but Jp just takes it to another level because of his legs. I missed a few video shots because I didn't know who had the ball and so did a few D players.

You thought DREW had an awesome play-action fake? Ok that's scary. I'm not sure what you were watching my man.

casdhf
08-01-2005, 05:17 PM
he did