PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Profiles...

BillsMan80
12-29-2002, 11:03 PM
On behalf of the BFZ, and hoping to get my name out there, I will be posting Draft Prospect Profiles for Dozer to get a sampling of my work in hopes of attaining BFZ Draft Analyst Status...My first prospect will be Kindal Moorehead, a Defensive End, out of Alabama.

Kindal Moorehead, DE, Alabama
6-3, 290, 5.0-40 yard dash
NFL Comparison: Trevor Pryce

Strengths: Moorehead has excellent size for a defensive end. Strength at point of attack is phenomenal. Bull Rush is very tough to defend due to his strength and size. Similar to Chris Hovan in terms of his quickness off the line of scrimmage and anticipation of the snap count which makes him deadly on an unsuspecting Offensive Lineman. Very good against the run because of his upper and lower body strength which gives him good leverage against Offensive Linemen. Long arms help to give Moorehead good separation and good ability to shed blocks. Good quickness, and can move inside as a 3rd down rusher. Fluid athlete for his size, and is very tough to move in the running game. Clogs up lanes and takes on blockers due to his size. Shows some quickness as an interior pass rusher.

Weaknesses: Missed the 2000 season due to a serious knee injury, so durability is in question. Scouts wonder if he would be better off at DT because of his size and lack of speed. Straight-line speed is not good, and hurts his ability to get a pass rush. Sometimes plays too high and loses power. Doesn't show many secondary moves after being taken on by a blocker.

The Bottom Line: While Moorehead is certainly one of the biggest prospects in the class at DE, that doesn't mean he won't be a good player in the NFL. Moorehead does lack speed, however, with a solid space-eating DT and a quick, talented pass rusher opposite him, Moorehead can provide a pass rush, and is an excellent run stopper from his end spot. He has showed flashes, but was hampered by inconsistency his junior year, however his senior year has been very consistent. Moorehead's versitility and bulk make him an intriguing prospect, however his lack of speed will hurt him. Possible fit at DT, but overall, as of now, a 2nd or 3rd Round Prospect as a Defensive End.

How Moorehead would Impact the Bills: With the Bills in need of DL and OLBs most, assuming Marcus Jones will be 100% healthy next year, and Aaron Schobel returing with another year of maturity and growth, Moorehead, if available in the 2nd or 3rd Round depending who is on the board, would be a solid fit. Moorehead doesn't show great pass rush ability, but it's his ability to shed blockers and stuff the run that should draw Tom Donahoe's interest. Moorehead would be a solid fit as a platoon with Schobel should he become a Bill on draft day, and Moorehead would round out a solid group at the End position for the Bills.