PDA

View Full Version : Quarterback question for those who have seen camp

Tatonka
08-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Does Losman clearly look like the best qb out there? i know that holcombe is learning the system too and matthews isnt getting much time.. but i was just wondering if Losman looks like he deserves to be the starter from what you have seen.

justasportsfan
08-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Does Losman clearly look like the best qb out there? i know that holcombe is learning the system too and matthews isnt getting much time.. but i was just wondering if Losman looks like he deserves to be the starter from what you have seen.
IMO he is. From what I've seen, it's not like he has the job because of what we gave up for him. He does seem to be in command. That's just 1 camp I attended though. We'll have to see in the next few camps.

dannyek71
08-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Its hard to tell from simply passing drills. But you can tell that JP is clearly progressing.

Troll Master
08-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Loseman needs to be benched in favor of Holcomb. I want to go to camp so he can sign my hat.

FlyingDutchman
08-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Does Losman clearly look like the best qb out there? i know that holcombe is learning the system too and matthews isnt getting much time.. but i was just wondering if Losman looks like he deserves to be the starter from what you have seen.I went Saturday, and I'm going to go this afternoon...Honestly right now Holcomb does look better, IMO. From what I could tell, his passes were a little more crisp than Losman and accurate. This is also being said after the first practice of this young guys career as a starter, so it coulda just been first day jitters...JP did look good on more than one occasion throwing very well on the run, and finding his dump off options. He made one really nice throw on the run to Evans on a broken down play in which he dropped right over the thands of an outstretched DB and hit Evans in stride as he stuck two feet in bounds before going out....Basically we gotta just give the kid a couple of weeks until everyone starts forming accurate (no pun intended) assesments......Im gonna watch reeeeeaally closely today, so I'll let you know what I see...

MDFINFAN
08-01-2005, 12:10 PM
TaTonka, I'd bet at in terms of comfort, Holcombe, is ahead right now, 3 reasons.
1. He's not the starter
2. He has more experience in this than JP, NFL wise.
3. JP is defintely in his rookie campaigne in leading this team, he will look eratic at times. Even vet's around the NFL are off right now.

Michael82
08-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Losman is getting better each day and is starting to come along. However, Kelly Holcomb is currently the best QB out there. His throws are on target almost all the time and he is doing a nice job getting rid of the ball before the pressure comes in.

Keep in mind that Losman is still like a rookie and this is all new to him. I predict that I will say that Losman is the best QB on the field by next week, but I dunno. Holcomb is doing pretty good right now.

mysticsoto
08-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Losman is getting better each day and is starting to come along. However, Kelly Holcomb is currently the best QB out there. His throws are on target almost all the time and he is doing a nice job getting rid of the ball before the pressure comes in.

Keep in mind that Losman is still like a rookie and this is all new to him. I predict that I will say that Losman is the best QB on the field by next week, but I dunno. Holcomb is doing pretty good right now.

Yes, but when it comes to having to move, if the pressure breaks down the O-line, Holcomb will probably not fare as well as JP would surviving. Mularkey should actually tell Gandy or whoever to let their person go every so often to see how JP/Holcomb react and if they are quick enough to improvise on the fly. Here is where I think JP will excel over Holcomb more than anything.

MDFINFAN
08-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Yes, but when it comes to having to move, if the pressure breaks down the O-line, Holcomb will probably not fare as well as JP would surviving. Mularkey should actually tell Gandy or whoever to let their person go every so often to see how JP/Holcomb react and if they are quick enough to improvise on the fly. Here is where I think JP will excel over Holcomb more than anything.

Then again Holcomb's experience would probably serve him in getting rid of the ball faster, saving him the possible injury when trying to scamble. There's a gamble to both ways...

Jan Reimers
08-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Please, guys and gals (excluding trolls), let's not even think about a QB controversy after just 3 practice sessions.

casdhf
08-01-2005, 02:46 PM
JP reminds me alot of Jeff Garcia, they have the same movements and seem to be at their best when they're not standing still in the pocket....JP does have an NFL arm, however.

Bill Brasky
08-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Mularkey should actually tell Gandy or whoever to let their person go every so often to see how JP/Holcomb react

I don't think he'll have to come out and tell him to purposely let a guy fly by him :snicker:

mysticsoto
08-01-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't think he'll have to come out and tell him to purposely let a guy fly by him :snicker:

After I typed this I realized that someone would say this. :D: I still want to see what Jason Peters can do at the position. Long term, he's probably a better fit than Gandy...he might be our starting LT next year...

jpdex12
08-01-2005, 09:25 PM
JP reminds me alot of Jeff Garcia, they have the same movements and seem to be at their best when they're not standing still in the pocket....JP does have an NFL arm, however.
my god casdhf, do you have a rear shot of that gal leaning up against the jeep?