PDA

View Full Version : P. Price is staying a Bills

mybills
12-29-2002, 11:26 PM
now please stop the neg talk.

For crying out loud, don't you like him??????

what the heck is not to like????????????

if you blame the season on him, you need to seek counceling right now.

if you think that cutting him will help financially, you haven't been watching Trey Teague and you obviously aren't aware where your center hikes the ball.

:scratch: lose Teague, not Price

ublinkwescore
12-29-2002, 11:40 PM
I don't know what you're talking about Teague for - Teague did a great job this year.

Peerless needs to stay - he's got heart just like Moulds - soon we'll be getting our hands on a Lombardi Trophy, and I hope to see Moulds, Price, Bledsoe, Henry, Fletcher, Wire, R. Brown, and especially Ninja (Pat) Williams all hoisting it up.

Novacane
12-30-2002, 08:53 AM
please...........who is being negative? It is called being realistic! He is not comming back to Buffalo. He is going to get a big FA offer and TD is not going to match it and he should'nt.

BTW...............I don't know what you are talking about TT. He did a very good job this year.

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2002, 08:58 AM
Right... No one here doesn't like Price it is just the fact that he is going to be getting a huge free agent offer that TD won't most likely match. It would be hard to have two receivers making that much money, especially when we need to upgrade the d!!

JefftheBillsfan
12-30-2002, 09:37 AM
exactly, I like PP, but I like what I saw from Henry down the stretch. I say go to a power running game with the ocassional deep ball to moulds and build up your D.

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2002, 09:43 AM
Right on Jeff!!! Reed should step in nicely and maybe we could add a veter WR at a lower cost!!!! It just sucks cuz PP was finally starting to play like we knew he could!!!

JefftheBillsfan
12-30-2002, 09:46 AM
exactly thurm...i was thinking the same thing. Go after a vet for a 1 or 2 year deal to buy Reed another year or 2 to develop.

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2002, 09:51 AM
And Reed could be moved in slowly but still get more PT than this year. IMO that has been TD's plan all along. It just kinda changed a little bit. Before the season PP was more of a guy who had the talent but wasn't using it so TD's was going to get rid of him for that reason. Now as it turns out he probably wants him back but he will be too expensive!!!!

Dozerdog
12-30-2002, 10:03 AM
Price's only nergatives was his maturity level at times.

He gets suckered into personal foul penalties at the wrong time, and occasionally had inopportune fumbles/drops. (But who doesn't)

Dozerdog
12-30-2002, 10:09 AM
And his handling of the Pro Bowl. Sure he's dissapointed, we all were. But you got to control your emotions in front of the press....

kind of made him look like a baby. But I would LOVE to have Price back again.

It all comes down to economics- Price or Spikes/Colvin? Or a DL?
We can't afford to give him Moulds money. Two seasons ago we got into big trouble paying 2 guys top dollar starter's money at QB. We can't do the same now at WR with the other holes on this club.

Somebody with deep cap pockets will be tossing more money than we can afford at him.

BillsNYC
12-30-2002, 10:17 AM
i love price as a player, but as a person i believe he is a money player.

clumping platelets
12-30-2002, 10:25 AM
I've never fumbled

:ontome:

DraftBoy
12-30-2002, 02:06 PM
Why do we all think we have a realistiv shot at Takeo Spikes you wanna talk at a guy if not franchised will have a high price tag look right at him, his price will go well beyond our range, and that Im pretty certain about.

Earthquake Enyart
12-30-2002, 02:19 PM
We probably have money for 1 big name guy. It's up to TD whether it be PP or Spikes.

He'll pick up some middle of the road guys for the other spots as $$ allow.

BillsNYC
12-30-2002, 02:21 PM
i wonder if they'll let go of remiersa and pick up the TE from notre dame that we cut...oleary?

JefftheBillsfan
12-30-2002, 02:49 PM
whats with the put down on Teague anyways. He played very well IMO.

HenryRules
12-30-2002, 03:02 PM
Under the circumstances (first year playing C for a bunch of years at the same time as learning a new offense's blocking schemes) I'd say that Teague did well. However, in the future, I expect, and the team needs, a better performance from the centre position.

DraftBoy
12-30-2002, 03:21 PM
Id love to see Spikes here, but would rather keep Price and sign Colvin, then sign Spikes and lose Price.

HenryRules
12-30-2002, 03:24 PM
I agree 100% W26.

timfromjersey
12-30-2002, 03:33 PM
It seems to me the Bills got enough offensively from the players they had this year that if the Bills get any kind of defensive effort early in the year, they make the playoffs. I think the Bills management should make a resonable effort to keep the offense together, including Price. It is however, imperative that they improve the defense this offseason as the highest priority. That being said, if they lose Price to FA, so be it. To me, Josh Reed showed enough to take up the no. two reciever spot next year, if necessary.

The_Philster
12-30-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I agree 100% W26.

Same here...we could put Colvin at SLB and re-sign Newman to play WLB.

mybills
12-30-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally, I just wanted to vent....:D

I don't like Teague. If anyone's not worth the money, it's him. He's had maybe 2 or 3 great blocks/plays all year, that I've seen anyway, and I can't think of one single game where he didn't have 3 or more bad hikes. Drew's a tall guy who takes too long as it is. The ball shouldn't be hiked at his shins or over his head costing Drew even one more second that he seems to desperately need! ;)
Other teams centers can go through an entire game without bloopers like that, so imo, he's not cut out for that position. Hasn't anyone else noticed this???? Anyone???

Also, just a few weeks ago somebody posted some Bills cap figures. Were those just wild guess #'s? It was a pretty good amount, although I don't remember the exact figure. If it was acurate...if there's enough money to be spent, without losing Price, than what's the problem?

Lastly, Price and Moulds are a killer combo that other teams fear. If we can keep that duo together, along with St.Drew, get someone who can handle the center position better, and fix the DL, and coaching problems, they're going to do more than just fear us next year! JMO! :D