i'm shocked that none of you talked about the Stamer incident...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

i'm shocked that none of you talked about the Stamer incident...

Here's what I mean...

Originally posted by Michael J Thomas
    5. Josh Stamer needs to calm down or he may be the next Troy Vincent. He was in the full out blitz that was chasing JP Losman. Everybody got close to him, but they all pulled away, except for Stamer, who hit Losman. He didn't hit him that hard, but the offensive lineman got pretty pissed off and it looked like Mularkey was upset too. Stamer did apologize to Losman by patting him on the helmet.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: i'm shocked that none of you talked about the Stamer incident...

Hes just trying to make a name for himself. Losman is gonna get hit. Probably a lot, so he better toughen up. I dont see why anybody would get pissed about it this is football, not grab ass. We should be able to bump the QB a bit, if you're pissed about Stamer knocking him over you're going to be in for a long season Mikey.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Coach handled it and the o-line seemed pissed so I think it's handled.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
        Hes just trying to make a name for himself. Losman is gonna get hit. Probably a lot, so he better toughen up. I dont see why anybody would get pissed about it this is football, not grab ass. We should be able to bump the QB a bit, if you're pissed about Stamer knocking him over you're going to be in for a long season Mikey.
        The only reason why I'm pissed about Stamer hitting him is because it was FORBID by Mularkey at the start of camp. and it was the cause of JP Losman's leg injury last year.

Comment

• Voltron
          • Jul 2002

When some one is wearing a red shirt you DO NOT TOUCH HIM!

That is just looking out for the team as whole. You don't make a name for yourself by hitting the QB in training camp.
          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
          - Mark Twain

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

plus Stamer's already on the team cuz of his ST ability, and he's not going to outplay the LB's that we have. He needs to accept his role and realize there's no shame in being a ST player, especially in Buffalo on the best ST in the NFL.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Voltron
              When some one is wearing a red shirt you DO NOT TOUCH HIM!

That is just looking out for the team as whole. You don't make a name for yourself by hitting the QB in training camp.

Comment

• footballhottie
                • Feb 2005

O no!!!! My husband to be is in troble...

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

I dont know, I am having issues with Losmans toughness. I just think a QB who is going to be running around a lot should be tough. I want to see Losman with a chip on his shoulder. And I feel right now everyone feels he's made of glass. I didnt see the hit, but I cant imagine Stamer was trying to hit Losman he probably just got carried away.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                    I dont know, I am having issues with Losmans toughness. I just think a QB who is going to be running around a lot should be tough. I want to see Losman with a chip on his shoulder. And I feel right now everyone feels he's made of glass. I didnt see the hit, but I cant imagine Stamer was trying to hit Losman he probably just got carried away.
                    It's not about that. Training camp is practice, and praticing being hit doesn't make you more capable of taking one in a game- in fact it probably has the opposite effect. Say what you will about Bledsoe, but he was tough as nails and they still weren't allowed to hit him in camp. The point is to get your players prepared and in shape without unnecessarily risking injury. I'll be surprised if the Bills or any other team makes it through camp without any injuries, but you try to minimize the amount and seriousness of them, particularly for starters.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                      I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by footballhottie
                      Sorry I'm a little confused. I'm kinda new to this board. Is Josh Stamer your husband? Are the two of you engaged? Are you HS sweethearts? Met in college?

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        It's not about that. Training camp is practice, and praticing being hit doesn't make you more capable of taking one in a game- in fact it probably has the opposite effect. Say what you will about Bledsoe, but he was tough as nails and they still weren't allowed to hit him in camp. The point is to get your players prepared and in shape without unnecessarily risking injury. I'll be surprised if the Bills or any other team makes it through camp without any injuries, but you try to minimize the amount and seriousness of them, particularly for starters.
                        I understand all of that. No Question.

I am just getting this impression that people are viewing Losman to be soft. So I hate to see it become an issue if he takes a knock a camp.
                        It was all

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by footballhottie
                          C'mon FBH...you can do better. I like Stamer's intensity and play, but physically...he looks like Lerch (from the original Addams Family series)

Comment

• gimpy
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82

Here's what I mean...
                            I'm not worried about it because Bennie told the D that he will eat the next guy that touches JP.
                            Adversity doesn't create character, it reveals it..

Comment

• footballhottie
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by WILLIS21
                              Sorry I'm a little confused. I'm kinda new to this board. Is Josh Stamer your husband? Are the two of you engaged? Are you HS sweethearts? Met in college?
                              no to all of the above...i meet him at training camp and hes so nice and i would love to get to know him..but sadly i have about a snow balls chance in hell with him
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              C'mon FBH...you can do better. I like Stamer's intensity and play, but physically...he looks like Lerch (from the original Addams Family series)
                              o come on he does not...i saw him around some kids the other day and he just seems so nice and caring...im done with going for guys that have just the looks...i want more then that.

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

Working...
                              X