X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

For everyone who's seen the team practice

How worried should i be? typically, a veteran tackle who's played in the league for a while either gets it done or doesn't whether its the 3rd practice or 3rd preseason game. Some of the reports have been not so encouraging.
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Re: For everyone who's seen the team practice

Originally posted by TypicalBill
    How worried should i be? typically, a veteran tackle who's played in the league for a while either gets it done or doesn't whether its the 3rd practice or 3rd preseason game. Some of the reports have been not so encouraging.
    IMO I would be really worried. From what limited practice I watched, Schobel worked him over on a regular basis. It's just hard to tell when they're in shorts and helmets. And it was the first day of practice.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Bulldog
      IMO I would be really worried. From what limited practice I watched, Schobel worked him over on a regular basis. It's just hard to tell when they're in shorts and helmets. And it was the first day of practice.
      that's what I like to hear....Hopefully no pretty good LT's are available at the end of TC for you to stoop up and salvage your OL....Your D is tough enough, we don't need you to have a good OL too..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I'm going to wait until we play a preseason game or two before going into Chicken Little mode.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Stewie
          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
          • Aug 2002

Unless Gandy is light years ahead of Peters, we should start Peters at LT. If he's the long term answer, might as well get his lumps in now.
          Originally posted by Topdog
          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          I love Weiner.
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          also cheese

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paulB
            Unless Gandy is light years ahead of Peters, we should start Peters at LT. If he's the long term answer, might as well get his lumps in now.
            I agree.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

BTW...isn't Marcus Price still available? He was always good at LT when Jonas went down.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                • May 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                BTW...isn't Marcus Price still available? He was always good at LT when Jonas went down.
                I've read several places where he has a bum knee, which apparently is keeping him from being signed by anyone.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  I agree.
                  You agree? Does that mean you've seen Peters work well enough that he has the capacity to start now???

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I've read several places where he has a bum knee, which apparently is keeping him from being signed by anyone.
                    I heard the same thing. He can't pass a team physical.
                    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                      Knows More Than You
                      • Feb 2004

Peters was getting *****ed by George Gause and Constantin Ritzmann at the night practice I went to. No thanks on him protecting the left side just yet.
                      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

Oh, with regard to Gandy, that poor guy could make 59 good plays per game and 1 bad one, and still get crucified. A lot of people have a lot of negative energy invested in him and, even if he plays well, they will never be able to admit it.

Gandy might suck, and he might turn out to be a good LT, it's really too early to say. Regardless, those who are killing him after 3 days - despite the fact that the coaches are saying good things about him - will simply never accept him. Their preconceived notions won't let them.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                          Knows More Than You
                          • Feb 2004

Oh, with regard to Gandy, that poor guy could make 59 good plays per game and 1 bad one, and still get crucified. A lot of people have a lot of negative energy invested in him and, even if he plays well, they will never be able to admit it.

Gandy might suck, and he might turn out to be a good LT, it's really too early to say. Regardless, those who are killing him after 3 days - despite the fact that the coaches are saying good things about him - will simply never accept him. Their preconceived notions won't let them.
                          While I agree with what you just said, just because the coaches are praising him dosen't mean he actually is doing well. All of us who have attended practice arn't blind, we can see what's going on. He consistantly hasn't been able to contain bascially anyone he's faced. Even Ryan Denney gave him a run for his money on a few plays. Yor right Jan, he could turn into a good tackle, but for all of us who have seen practice, we should be extremely worried after 3 days. Let's hope he turns it around, cuz as I posted above, Peters looks worse (but somewhat understandably)

Let's see how he does against KGB over the weekend in Green Bay
                          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

that depends what the play is- if he blows 4th and goal from the 6 and costs us a TD and possibly a victory, he deserves to be crucified. If it's 2nd and 6 from the 40 in the 1st quarter and he screws up, well everyone blows a play now and then.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

Ever think that maybe Schobel has imroved even more and is an elite DE now and maybe he is gonna make alot of LT look like Gandy is right now ???

Comment

Working...
                              X