PDA

View Full Version : For everyone who's seen the team practice

TypicalBill
08-01-2005, 04:32 PM
How worried should i be? typically, a veteran tackle who's played in the league for a while either gets it done or doesn't whether its the 3rd practice or 3rd preseason game. Some of the reports have been not so encouraging.

Bulldog
08-01-2005, 10:16 PM
How worried should i be? typically, a veteran tackle who's played in the league for a while either gets it done or doesn't whether its the 3rd practice or 3rd preseason game. Some of the reports have been not so encouraging.

IMO I would be really worried. From what limited practice I watched, Schobel worked him over on a regular basis. It's just hard to tell when they're in shorts and helmets. And it was the first day of practice.

MDFINFAN
08-02-2005, 12:08 AM
IMO I would be really worried. From what limited practice I watched, Schobel worked him over on a regular basis. It's just hard to tell when they're in shorts and helmets. And it was the first day of practice.

that's what I like to hear....Hopefully no pretty good LT's are available at the end of TC for you to stoop up and salvage your OL....Your D is tough enough, we don't need you to have a good OL too..

:goodpost:

Jan Reimers
08-02-2005, 07:10 AM
I'm going to wait until we play a preseason game or two before going into Chicken Little mode.

Stewie
08-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Unless Gandy is light years ahead of Peters, we should start Peters at LT. If he's the long term answer, might as well get his lumps in now.

Michael82
08-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Unless Gandy is light years ahead of Peters, we should start Peters at LT. If he's the long term answer, might as well get his lumps in now.
I agree. :bf1:

Michael82
08-02-2005, 08:45 AM
BTW...isn't Marcus Price still available? He was always good at LT when Jonas went down.

Jan Reimers
08-02-2005, 09:24 AM
BTW...isn't Marcus Price still available? He was always good at LT when Jonas went down.
I've read several places where he has a bum knee, which apparently is keeping him from being signed by anyone.

mysticsoto
08-02-2005, 09:52 AM
I agree. :bf1:
You agree? Does that mean you've seen Peters work well enough that he has the capacity to start now???

Voltron
08-02-2005, 09:53 AM
I've read several places where he has a bum knee, which apparently is keeping him from being signed by anyone.
I heard the same thing. He can't pass a team physical.

Italian Stallion
08-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Peters was getting *****ed by George Gause and Constantin Ritzmann at the night practice I went to. No thanks on him protecting the left side just yet.

Jan Reimers
08-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Oh, with regard to Gandy, that poor guy could make 59 good plays per game and 1 bad one, and still get crucified. A lot of people have a lot of negative energy invested in him and, even if he plays well, they will never be able to admit it.

Gandy might suck, and he might turn out to be a good LT, it's really too early to say. Regardless, those who are killing him after 3 days - despite the fact that the coaches are saying good things about him - will simply never accept him. Their preconceived notions won't let them.

Italian Stallion
08-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Oh, with regard to Gandy, that poor guy could make 59 good plays per game and 1 bad one, and still get crucified. A lot of people have a lot of negative energy invested in him and, even if he plays well, they will never be able to admit it.

Gandy might suck, and he might turn out to be a good LT, it's really too early to say. Regardless, those who are killing him after 3 days - despite the fact that the coaches are saying good things about him - will simply never accept him. Their preconceived notions won't let them.

While I agree with what you just said, just because the coaches are praising him dosen't mean he actually is doing well. All of us who have attended practice arn't blind, we can see what's going on. He consistantly hasn't been able to contain bascially anyone he's faced. Even Ryan Denney gave him a run for his money on a few plays. Yor right Jan, he could turn into a good tackle, but for all of us who have seen practice, we should be extremely worried after 3 days. Let's hope he turns it around, cuz as I posted above, Peters looks worse (but somewhat understandably)

Let's see how he does against KGB over the weekend in Green Bay

OpIv37
08-02-2005, 10:44 AM

that depends what the play is- if he blows 4th and goal from the 6 and costs us a TD and possibly a victory, he deserves to be crucified. If it's 2nd and 6 from the 40 in the 1st quarter and he screws up, well everyone blows a play now and then.

L.A. Playa
08-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Ever think that maybe Schobel has imroved even more and is an elite DE now and maybe he is gonna make alot of LT look like Gandy is right now ???

OpIv37
08-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Ever think that maybe Schobel has imroved even more and is an elite DE now and maybe he is gonna make alot of LT look like Gandy is right now ???

It's possible but not likely. Schobel's always been a streak player for us- he'll have 2 or 3 excellent games then only one sack in the next 4 games. I don't know what would have made that change in the off-season.

LT is clearly the weakest position on our team this year. The only thing that makes me feel better is the way I saw the offense operating in the camp videos. It's so fast and involves a lot of rollout and shotgun plays.

Jan Reimers
08-02-2005, 11:20 AM
As I asked in another post, is everyone watching Gandy so closely that his mistakes are being magnified into a sort of, "I told you so" thing? Is he really way behind the other starters, i.e., are Anderson, Villarrial et. al. really knocking them dead?

I don't know. I'm not at camp, so I don't know if he really sucks, or if people just see the worst in him.

L.A. Playa
08-02-2005, 11:26 AM
He is getting some great practice time at least. The Bills have one of the best most aggressive defenses in the league and he isnt struggling against a scrub defense

Typ0
08-02-2005, 05:52 PM
1. Oh, with regard to Gandy, that poor guy could make 59 good plays per game and 1 bad one, and still get crucified. A lot of people have a lot of negative energy invested in him and, even if he plays well, they will never be able to admit it.

2. Gandy might suck, and he might turn out to be a good LT, it's really too early to say. Regardless, those who are killing him after 3 days - despite the fact that the coaches are saying good things about him - will simply never accept him. Their preconceived notions won't let them.

1. directly from the school of anti-wys.

2. I hold ZERO stock in what the coaches say about these things...what are they supposed to say? He sucks? Only Lindy Ruff say's that about his developing players.

TigerJ
08-02-2005, 07:36 PM
I figure that even though Gandy logged more time at LT in Chicago than at guard, that was a while ago. Not only are the techniques different for the two positions, but you
re playing agains opponents with a different skill set. Your average right defensive end is going to be a lot quicker and faster than a defensiove tackle but probably not nearly as strong. It stands to reason that Gandy is going to have an adjustment period and won't look very good early in camp agains a good and very quick Aaron Schobel.

Michael82
08-02-2005, 08:34 PM
As I asked in another post, is everyone watching Gandy so closely that his mistakes are being magnified into a sort of, "I told you so" thing? Is he really way behind the other starters, i.e., are Anderson, Villarrial et. al. really knocking them dead?

I don't know. I'm not at camp, so I don't know if he really sucks, or if people just see the worst in him.
None of the OL have really IMPRESSED me. But I do understand what you are saying. I think people need to chill on Gandy a bit. He's not as terrible as some people are saying. I've seen him made a few key blocks for Willis.