PDA

View Full Version : Losman's head

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Any word on how Losman handled his emotions today? Mularkey was pretty direct in addressing the media yesterday. He was basically saying that JP's gotta keep his head in check to keep this team from getting distracted.

FlyingDutchman
08-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Any word on how Losman handled his emotions today? Mularkey was pretty direct in addressing the media yesterday. He was basically saying that JP's gotta keep his head in check to keep this team from getting distracted.
Actually I did notice something that I don't like, I really dont like his body language after bad throws...He puts his head down and slumps his shoulders, I would rather seem him just get ready for the next play and keep his head up...no big deal, but I notice things like that....Lets get Tony Robins in here for him and Reed!

MDFINFAN
08-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Actually I did notice something that I don't like, I really dont like his body language after bad throws...He puts his head down and slumps his shoulders, I would rather seem him just get ready for the next play and keep his head up...no big deal, but I notice things like that....Lets get Tony Robins in here for him and Reed!

Typical young guy...

im4bflo
08-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Fergy used to do that, I didn't think it was the right thing to do in front of the team.

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Bledsoe used to do it quite a bit too. His body language was horrible after a bad play. Jimbo was one of the few QB's that would actually clap after he threw a pick.

FlyingDutchman
08-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Bledsoe used to do it quite a bit too. His body language was horrible after a bad play. Jimbo was one of the few QB's that would actually clap after he threw a pick.
Thats what I wish JP would do...say my fault, clap, keep his head up and get ready for the next play....He better expect to have bad things happen this year, how he rebounds and keeps his composure will be a true test of his character...

jmb1099
08-01-2005, 07:03 PM
This will get better as time goes on. Lets be honest...he has a lot riding on his shoulders right now. he is in a fish bowl with all of us watching and tapping on the glass wondering what he'll do next. We have had our fair share of lousy QB's the past few years and he does not want to be part of that list. He will learn how to channel his energy into positive leadership on the field and all indicators point towards him figuring this out before camp is over. This may be a little pre-mature for me to say since it is very early on, but it would appear from all the video and various commentaries that Losman is the real deal. I read on another thread he ran for an 82 yard td, was smart enough to slide when necessary, and knew when to throw the ball away. If he has figured this much out in 3 days of camp he will figure the rest of it out before camp is over.

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Thats what I wish JP would do...say my fault, clap, keep his head up and get ready for the next play....He better expect to have bad things happen this year, how he rebounds and keeps his composure will be a true test of his character...
No question. He is the leader and much of his success will depend on how much his team respects and billieves in him. If he projects negativity and frustration by ignoring the good plays and focusing on the bad, the players around him will lose confidence. Guys like Moulds, Vincent, Milloy & Spikes will be the ones to prevent this from happening. They have too much confidence in this team. The fact that Mularkey is already addressing the issue is a sure sign that they'll nip it in the bud.

Tinboy
08-02-2005, 01:28 AM
He's obvious got a lot on his shoulders right now. But it will be better, just give it some time. I think's he's frustrated because he wnats to show the fans and the coaches what he can do.

Jan Reimers
08-02-2005, 07:42 AM
For a guy known to be cocky, and even arrogant, that sure is a strange reaction. I think that JP will mature on the job, and that his natural confidence will ultimately emerge.

Static
08-02-2005, 08:01 AM
He's young and its just the begining of TC....i wouldn't worry yet

feelthepain
08-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Bledsoe used to do it quite a bit too. His body language was horrible after a bad play. Jimbo was one of the few QB's that would actually clap after he threw a pick.Yeah, so did we....:bf1:

justasportsfan
08-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Yeah, so did we....:bf1:yeah but at the end of the game you were crying after Jimbo beat Shula and the fins time and time again.

Drive 4 Five
08-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Not to be rude or sarcastic here but, I think people make way too much out of things like this. Was he seen walking off the field pouting and crying like some of the players down in Miami? Hell no. So WTF? As for having a negative effect on the other players, I don't think so. Are you saying that a team full of veteran leadership on both sides of the ball are going to be down in the dumps becuase Losman is upset at himself for making a bad play? That's ridiculous. If anything, it is on those guys to bring his spirits up. I see Tom Brady doing it. Some people are just really hard on themselves, and for some failure is not an option. That is what drives them to do great things. I see Jake Plummer clapping after he makes a bad play and then he goes out an makes another bad play. Big deal.