Paul Hamilton WGR reports: Spikes and Losman jawing at each other?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baalworship
    • May 2003

Paul Hamilton WGR reports: Spikes and Losman jawing at each other?!

I am listening to WGR and they just had the Bills beat reporter Paul Hamilton. He mentioned that:

1.Bills staff likes Gandy so far (Strange because I have heard from everyone that he sucks, is this coachspeak?).

2. Jason Peters looks much better and the Bills coaches are hoping he can be groomed into the LT by next year because of his amazing athleticism.

3. JP Losman and Takeo Spikes were jawing at each other (I don't know if it was good natured or not) with Spikes telling Losman, "I am going to pick off your next pass," and Losman replying with something like, "Who are you kidding?"
  • ZacGriffi~82
    • Jun 2003

Re: Paul Hamilton WGR reports: Spikes and Losman jawing at each other?!

I like it.
    www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by baalworship
      I am listening to WGR and they just had the Bills beat reporter Paul Hamilton. He mentioned that:

1.Bills staff likes Gandy so far (Strange because I have heard from everyone that he sucks, is this coachspeak?).

2. Jason Peters looks much better and the Bills coaches are hoping he can be groomed into the LT by next year because of his amazing athleticism.

3. JP Losman and Takeo Spikes were jawing at each other (I don't know if it was good natured or not) with Spikes telling Losman, "I am going to pick off your next pass," and Losman replying with something like, "Who are you kidding?"
      I saw it, it was good natured...when they were getting into their scrimmage situation, JP was just havin some fun hollering at the D, and Takeo was talkin back....it looked to me to all be in fun...

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

I hope JP kicks Spikes' ASS.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• chubluv
          BillsZone bowling team MVP
          • Jan 2003

I dont want to hear about next year I want to know what the hecks going on this year.

We are in 5th place
          Clump is on the IR
          Chubluv average is 167
          Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
          Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• baalworship
            • May 2003

Originally posted by chubluv
            I dont want to hear about next year I want to know what the hecks going on this year.

The Bills will get the LT position worked out soon. Either Gandy sucks or he can be adequate. If he sucks we move Teague and play Preston or Tucker at center.

As for Peters, he is a player that can help the team THIS year on special teams, play some tackle and TE in certain situations this year. He also is being developed as a LT and it's like we got a free 2nd -4th round pick to grab a raw prospect who could become a good NFL tackle.

Comment

• G. Host
              Banned
              • Jul 2002

2nd to 4th round pick? This is an oversell - UDFA = not worthy of being drafted by 32 teams. Occasional diamonds in the rough (i.e. Pat Williams) but you spend a lot of time throwing away chaff and that is what Peters is - a lot of chaff.

Comment

• baalworship
                • May 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
                2nd to 4th round pick? This is an oversell - UDFA = not worthy of being drafted by 32 teams. Occasional diamonds in the rough (i.e. Pat Williams) but you spend a lot of time throwing away chaff and that is what Peters is - a lot of chaff.
                Jason Peters was a person that a lot of people thought would go in the 4th round or so. He wasn't drafted for two reasons:

1. His intelligence
                2. He was a tweener. Is he a TE, a tackle? No one was sure what position he would play which hurt his draft status.

But if he has the athletic ability to be a starting Left Tackle in the NFL (Jim McNally thinks so) and the Bills think he might be only a year away, then yes, he is the equivalent of a 2nd-4th round pick in this year's draft in my mind.

This doesn't mean he is a sure thing, but like a 2nd-4th round pick, is a good prospect.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Jason Peters was a person that a lot of people thought would go in the 4th round or so. .
                  Yeah- a lot of people who don't work in the NFL. Sportswriters, goofy college football "talent experts"- probably the same people who tabbed LSU's Ben Wilkerson and Tennesee's Munoz 2nd to 4th round picks.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Just a little tough love.......TKO knows the season is on JP's shoulders

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

Anyone one see that Spikes lite up some guy named Germany?

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Do you mean Greg Jerman, Camel?
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                          Do you mean Greg Jerman, Camel?
                          Yeah, for some reason I was thinking Reggie Germany, he's been gone for a while lol

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                            Anyone one see that Spikes lite up some guy named Germany?
                            Good ol Jerman, still good for making a D look good. You have to understand he was under wise, our old OL coach, Jerman is not a man to man blocker, he needs technique, which Wise didn't teach alot.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Tinboy
                              • Aug 2004

1. Strange but it looks like a cover up. I just hope that he will start to look better really soon.

2. Yes, sounds like an intresting choice.

3. Keep it up JP!

Comment

Working...
                              X