PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hamilton WGR reports: Spikes and Losman jawing at each other?!

baalworship
08-01-2005, 08:27 PM
I am listening to WGR and they just had the Bills beat reporter Paul Hamilton. He mentioned that:

1.Bills staff likes Gandy so far (Strange because I have heard from everyone that he sucks, is this coachspeak?).

2. Jason Peters looks much better and the Bills coaches are hoping he can be groomed into the LT by next year because of his amazing athleticism.

3. JP Losman and Takeo Spikes were jawing at each other (I don't know if it was good natured or not) with Spikes telling Losman, "I am going to pick off your next pass," and Losman replying with something like, "Who are you kidding?"

ZacGriffi~82
08-01-2005, 08:32 PM
I like it.

FlyingDutchman
08-01-2005, 08:34 PM
I am listening to WGR and they just had the Bills beat reporter Paul Hamilton. He mentioned that:

1.Bills staff likes Gandy so far (Strange because I have heard from everyone that he sucks, is this coachspeak?).

2. Jason Peters looks much better and the Bills coaches are hoping he can be groomed into the LT by next year because of his amazing athleticism.

3. JP Losman and Takeo Spikes were jawing at each other (I don't know if it was good natured or not) with Spikes telling Losman, "I am going to pick off your next pass," and Losman replying with something like, "Who are you kidding?"
I saw it, it was good natured...when they were getting into their scrimmage situation, JP was just havin some fun hollering at the D, and Takeo was talkin back....it looked to me to all be in fun...

juice
08-01-2005, 08:41 PM
I hope JP kicks Spikes' ASS.

chubluv
08-01-2005, 08:47 PM

I dont want to hear about next year I want to know what the hecks going on this year.

baalworship
08-01-2005, 09:04 PM
I dont want to hear about next year I want to know what the hecks going on this year.

The Bills will get the LT position worked out soon. Either Gandy sucks or he can be adequate. If he sucks we move Teague and play Preston or Tucker at center.

As for Peters, he is a player that can help the team THIS year on special teams, play some tackle and TE in certain situations this year. He also is being developed as a LT and it's like we got a free 2nd -4th round pick to grab a raw prospect who could become a good NFL tackle.

G. Host
08-01-2005, 09:12 PM
2nd to 4th round pick? This is an oversell - UDFA = not worthy of being drafted by 32 teams. Occasional diamonds in the rough (i.e. Pat Williams) but you spend a lot of time throwing away chaff and that is what Peters is - a lot of chaff.

baalworship
08-01-2005, 09:33 PM
2nd to 4th round pick? This is an oversell - UDFA = not worthy of being drafted by 32 teams. Occasional diamonds in the rough (i.e. Pat Williams) but you spend a lot of time throwing away chaff and that is what Peters is - a lot of chaff.

Jason Peters was a person that a lot of people thought would go in the 4th round or so. He wasn't drafted for two reasons:

1. His intelligence
2. He was a tweener. Is he a TE, a tackle? No one was sure what position he would play which hurt his draft status.

But if he has the athletic ability to be a starting Left Tackle in the NFL (Jim McNally thinks so) and the Bills think he might be only a year away, then yes, he is the equivalent of a 2nd-4th round pick in this year's draft in my mind.

This doesn't mean he is a sure thing, but like a 2nd-4th round pick, is a good prospect.

Dozerdog
08-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Jason Peters was a person that a lot of people thought would go in the 4th round or so. .

Yeah- a lot of people who don't work in the NFL. Sportswriters, goofy college football "talent experts"- probably the same people who tabbed LSU's Ben Wilkerson and Tennesee's Munoz 2nd to 4th round picks.

clumping platelets
08-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Just a little tough love.......TKO knows the season is on JP's shoulders

camelcowboy
08-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Anyone one see that Spikes lite up some guy named Germany?

TigerJ
08-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Do you mean Greg Jerman, Camel?

camelcowboy
08-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah, for some reason I was thinking Reggie Germany, he's been gone for a while lol

MDFINFAN
08-02-2005, 12:16 AM

Good ol Jerman, still good for making a D look good. You have to understand he was under wise, our old OL coach, Jerman is not a man to man blocker, he needs technique, which Wise didn't teach alot.

Tinboy
08-02-2005, 01:07 AM

1. Strange but it looks like a cover up. I just hope that he will start to look better really soon.

2. Yes, sounds like an intresting choice.

3. Keep it up JP!

Earthquake Enyart
08-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Yeah- a lot of people who don't work in the NFL. Sportswriters, goofy college football "talent experts"- probably the same people who tabbed LSU's Ben Wilkerson and Tennesee's Munoz 2nd to 4th round picks.
Pig Prather!!

Jan Reimers
08-02-2005, 06:58 AM
Well, we're 3 days into camp and, according to many, Gandy already sucks and the coaches are already lying about it. Why am I not surprised by the negativism?

Earthquake Enyart
08-02-2005, 07:17 AM
Well, we're 3 days into camp and, according to many, Gandy already sucks and the coaches are already lying about it. Why am I not surprised by the negativism?
Don't forget that Holcombe looks damn good while JP is struggling. :ill:

madness
08-02-2005, 07:21 AM

Good ol Jerman, still good for making a D look good. You have to understand he was under wise, our old OL coach, Jerman is not a man to man blocker, he needs technique, which Wise didn't teach alot.
From what I read TKO straight pancaked Jerman, a 6'5" 310lb. man. That has to be embarrassing!

mysticsoto
08-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Ummm...wasn't Moorman an UDFA ? Wasn't Rashad Baker one also? And Jabari Greer? I'd say they've all contributed pretty well to the team. And did you miss the pancake Peters put on another player in one game where he blocked a punt on ST last year? He's like 330 lbs with no fat on him!!!

Bill Brasky
08-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Big deal. I tell my coworker I'm gonna bang his gf every night and we are still friends.

Meathead
08-02-2005, 05:57 PM
did you miss the pancake Peters put on another player in one game where he blocked a punt on ST last year? He's like 330 lbs with no fat on him!!!
... and then recovered it in the ez himself for a TD. For a guy his size he appears to be incredibly nimble.

G. Host
08-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Ummm...wasn't Moorman an UDFA ? Wasn't Rashad Baker one also? And Jabari Greer? I'd say they've all contributed pretty well to the team. And did you miss the pancake Peters put on another player in one game where he blocked a punt on ST last year? He's like 330 lbs with no fat on him!!!

Yes Moorman, Baker & Greer were UDFAs. Moorman needed to go to NFL Europe to get good enough for NFL. Baker & Greer were backups who contributed but no one has been talking about them starting like some Peters Pushers have been talking about him being LT.

Peters is mostly fan hype; he contributed well to a ST play but advocating him as a starting LT is hype and by the time he is ready to be a LT, if he is every good enough, the Bills will need to compete for him in free agency.

Yasgur's Farm
08-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Ummm...wasn't Moorman an UDFA ? Wasn't Rashad Baker one also? And Jabari Greer? I'd say they've all contributed pretty well to the team. And did you miss the pancake Peters put on another player in one game where he blocked a punt on ST last year? He's like 330 lbs with no fat on him!!!Not to mention (I believe) London Fletcher.

mysticsoto
08-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Yes Moorman, Baker & Greer were UDFAs. Moorman needed to go to NFL Europe to get good enough for NFL. Baker & Greer were backups who contributed but no one has been talking about them starting like some Peters Pushers have been talking about him being LT.

Peters is mostly fan hype; he contributed well to a ST play but advocating him as a starting LT is hype and by the time he is ready to be a LT, if he is every good enough, the Bills will need to compete for him in free agency.
I think it is very short sighted of you to just dismiss Peters like nothing. Greer did contribute substantially and may end up being the starting nickel this year since it appears that Kevin Thomas will be out for an indefinite amt of time. Baker was also forced to start due to injuries and although he did have his troubles, he did show progress and potential.

Peters has that kind of potential and is nimble despite his height and size. I can tell you this, nobody is going to be pushing him around. With his size, he does the pushing! Jennings himself admitted that he learned alot from McNally last year. I think Peters will also, and now that we are not constantly moving him around trying to decide where to put him, he can focus on his position and get better at it. I expect him to be an even bigger force in ST this year also...