X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

As the Bills circle the wagons.....

Ex-Seattle WR Robinson checks himself into rehab....
  • chubluv
    BillsZone bowling team MVP
    • Jan 2003

Re: As the Bills circle the wagons.....

Its to bad he let himself get that bad! He had alot of potential.

We are in 5th place
    Clump is on the IR
    Chubluv average is 167
    Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
    Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

No wonder he dropped the ball, he probably had the 5 o'clock shakes...

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
        Ex-Seattle WR Robinson checks himself into rehab....
        No wonder he dropped the ball, he probably had the 5 o'clock shakes...

You know we should be applauding this man for taking his health into his own hands and getting help. His career is falling apart around him and rather than continue to drink himself further and further into a hole he decides to get back on track. The fact that you choose to make a joke of it, is both sickening and telling of yourself.

Koren Robinson
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          You know we should be applauding this man for taking his health into his own hands and getting help. His career is falling apart around him and rather than continue to drink himself further and further into a hole he decides to get back on track. The fact that you choose to make a joke of it, is both sickening and telling of yourself.

Koren Robinson
          Jesus buddy relax....first of all, you dont know me or a thing about me so dont try to make me look like an a$$hole and you look all righteous...all it was, was a witty little intro to the story, and I was making light of the situation with the shakes comments, hell I drink my balls off, Im not wishing bad things on him...sorry you have the sense of humor of a 75 year old man, it was not making fun of his situation...Funny how Ricky is just a big joke with his weed problem, but this has to be soooo serious...with all of the problems of the athletes we make fun of on here, and you gotta try and call me out on something stupid like this...piss off....
          Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 08-02-2005, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Jesus buddy relax....first of all, you dont know me or a thing about me so dont try to make me look like an a$$hole and you look all righteous...all it was, was a witty little intro to the story, and I was making light of the situation with the shakes comments, hell I drink my balls off, Im not wishing bad things on him...sorry you have the sense of humor of a 75 year old man, it was not making fun of his situation...Funny how Ricky is just a big joke with his weed problem, but this has to be soooo serious...with all of the problems of the athletes we make fun of on here, and you gotta try and call me out on something stupid like this...piss off....
            Personally, I don't agree with making fun of others' misery. We've all done it but I think we should try not to.
            I'm sure you meant no harm, but you should try to understand the likelihood that there are people that read these posts who have had problems with alcohol addiction as well, whether it be personally or someone close to them. So, where you see it as "making light," others may take offense.
            Post it if you want, but don't lash out if someone expresses their opinion on it.
            As for his post, he probably should not have suggested that you are poor in character. People make mistakes. Whether or not to take the criticism personally is up to you.

No big deal, right?

Comment

• Tinboy
              • Aug 2004

Good for KoRo he's a good player. I hope he will be back soon.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

I agree, and I wish Robinson the best and I was just upset at the assault on my character....I felt as if he was putting me in the class level of some of the trolls on here...My question is why Draftboy decided to speak up now after all of the threads about players and their problems....

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I agree, and I wish Robinson the best and I was just upset at the assault on my character....I felt as if he was putting me in the class level of some of the trolls on here...My question is why Draftboy decided to speak up now after all of the threads about players and their problems....
                  You can get absolutely killed on this board for an innocent - or what you consider a funny or off-the-cuff - remark. I know from first hand experience.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Could be that it is a personal issue for him. I ought to be sensitive about it too - though I'm not. My grandfather died of alcoholism, and it usually skips a generation. When I 1st graduated from HS, I HAD to have a 6-pack a day. Somehow I didn't allow myself to fall in the trap and stopped myself - now I only drink when tailgating (YEAH!!! GO BILLS). But some people end up following a different path that leads to self destruction...

Comment

• Stewie
                      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                      • Aug 2002

I will never cry for millionaires who cant shake the drugs
                      Originally posted by Topdog
                      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                      Originally posted by mercyrule
                      I love Weiner.
                      Originally posted by mercyrule
                      also cheese

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Ive spoken up in all most of the threads regarding Ricky, David Boston, and Randy McMicheal characters, here is the key difference; Those players have issues that they are not seeking help for. For that reason they do run the risk of taking on their fair share of criticism and the exact reason why Koren Robinson should be appluaded not jabbed at. I do have a personal connection to addiction to alochol but its not what made me post what I did. Do you realize how hard it is for anybody to actually admit they have a problem? Even better yet to actually have to go seek professional help to have it rectified? Essentially what you are saying is that you as a man/woman can no longer handle your own stuff by yourself and have allowed for something else to take you over. That I do have a very personal connection with. I do not speak of just addictions either its also with mental issues, and a whole host of others things that many of us have no grasp on. Now as for my words, I should not of attacked your character for that I do apologize, but you need to realize that making comments that ridicule somebody for something will get you backlash and it wont always be from a fan of the players team. What I said needed to be said and I dont apologize for saying it. Every action has a reaction unfortunately for you, you got a negative one from me, but dont take it personally. Most of the stuff you post is good stuff, just this one hit me wrong. As far as Koren Robinson goes, I hope he gets out soon and returns to football, 100% better.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• McGahee420
                          • Jun 2005

but it was oke for everyone to make fun of Kerry Collins when he was a drunk????

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by McGahee420
                            but it was oke for everyone to make fun of Kerry Collins when he was a drunk????

Did I say that? We can pull out every single player since Ive been alive and say but it was ok for people to make fun of this person bc they did this?? Where does it end? Im simply saying if a person (not even a player) is trying to seek help for their problem (whether it be drugs, drinking, mental, or physical) then they should be applauded not jabbed at. Now by this of course I mean that they volunatrily attend the rehab program not court ordered. Also a good example about me speaking up is in the Wendell Bryant thread, both mine and T's comments follow along the same line.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Voltron
                              • Jul 2002

Don't hurt yourself trying to pat KR on the back.

Hate to tell you but it may say he checked himself in but I can guarantee that it was ordered by a Judge. Last week he showed up for his DWI incarceration DRUNK (one day of a 1 year sentence, he got 364 days suspended). Part of his deal was that he was not supposed to drink. He disobeyed the Judges order!
                              Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                              - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                              -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                              - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X